Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 4, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #18,453 of 18,459

Quote:
Mods should have kept this thread dead. So sad.

nah... i find it quite fun.

If you don't like this thread just unsuscribe. But I find plenity of good stuff everyday here

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #18,454 of 18,459
Apologies, Googleli, I should have addressed the moderator. Who should either add the "at" or drop the whole thing.

Speaking of dropping things, it should be self-evident that a phone selling for more than five X the price of the LCD-2s may just be a little better, in some respects, when driven by electronics that cost more than many Head-fiers' automobiles. It's been said. Sufficiently.

And it does not make the Audezes any less enjoyable.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #18,455 of 18,459
As I said the latest discussion is totally unnecessary and was only triggered by alota's quote of an relatively unimportant point in my post which shows my love to the LCD2. I pardon alota. I enjoy the LCD2 driven by my portable rig as much as people enjoy the LCD2 from the **** Lyr or B22 or Burson, so there is no point to argue here. If any one of you don't believe what my home gear is capable of with regard to the LCD2, that's fine as well. Let's continue to discuss the creaminess of the Rev 1. 

I thought there might just be someone out there willing to try their beloved LCD2s on higher end stuff - and I trust that they will be amazed as much as I was when they do. If that became an offence to anyone, you have my apologies.

Oct 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #18,456 of 18,459

Quote:
As I said the latest discussion is totally unnecessary and was only triggered by alota's quote of an relatively unimportant point in my post which shows my love to the LCD2. I pardon alota. I enjoy the LCD2 driven by my portable rig as much as people enjoy the LCD2 from the **** Lyr or B22 or Burson, so there is no point to argue here. If any one of you don't believe what my home gear is capable of with regard to the LCD2, that's fine as well. Let's continue to discuss the creaminess of the Rev 1. 

I thought there might just be someone out there willing to try their beloved LCD2s on higher end stuff - and I trust that they will be amazed as much as I was when they do. If that became an offence to anyone, you have my apologies.

you have to understand that the lcd-2 can be maximized with another stuffs
i think no one doubts that  the lcd-2 play sounds to full potential with leben and the esoteric
only this
my apologies, again
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #18,457 of 18,459
Did you ever try the Zodiac Gold+Voltikus with the LCD2's? That is also a killer combo. One of the very best DAC's, if not the best, plus one of the best headamps out there. I know some will scoff at it with no tubes inside, but you will never miss the tubes when you hear it. The horns and piano actually sounds more musical with the Gold than many of the tube amps out there.

Quote:
At the price of US$20,000 for the Esoteric K-01 and over US$4,000 including the tubes for the Leben, I think this is an understatement. As I said, let's not get into the discussion of source and amps here, but feel free to browse Skylab's list of tube amps and ask him which amp does he think is the best amp for LCD2. And what's more I heard it on the Esoteric K-01 and Accuphase C3800 flagship preamp (the preamp itself also worth more than US$20,000) combo - the preamp has a top notch directly coupled headphone out. You have to hear stuff like that before making any comment with your experience in stuff like a DIY B22 or a ****t Lyr. And yes, with my gear, I have heard the better LCD2 than most of the peeps here have.

Oct 4, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #18,458 of 18,459
I am excited to hear the Bifrost DAC.  Again googlei, stop generalizing about other Head-Fi'ers.  This is what gets people riled up about your posts.  

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #18,459 of 18,459
This is the third time in a short period that this thread has gotten out of hand, so it is closed for a bit until I can figure out what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back