Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #5,791 of 18,459

Thank you for advice Tigz.
Occasionally I feel back pain, but never had problems with neck. I hope stretching will help, because at the moment I don't know where to go (T1, HD800, etc.) if I wasn't able to listen to LCD2 
L3000.gif

Quote:
That really is a bummer that you get neck pain from them, do you have a history of neck / back problems?  Possibility of doing neck exercise or stretching before listening sessions?
<..>  

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #5,792 of 18,459
Why not just go see a chiropractor as it could be a sign of something else. 

Quote:
Thank you for advice Tigz.
Occasionally I feel back pain, but never had problems with neck. I hope stretching will help, because at the moment I don't know where to go (T1, HD800, etc.) if I wasn't able to listen to LCD2 
L3000.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #5,793 of 18,459
I used to get neck pains after a marathon session, sure enough, my neck eventually adapted.  Would you go to the gym, immediately again the next day when the previous workout left you sore?  Likewise, giving the LCD2s a break whilst your body rebuilds your neck is the way to go, as hard as it is to remove the LCD2s from your head.  Eventually the neck muscles are adaptable.

There are children that slave away hauling bricks on their heads, yet we here complain of a mere 1/2 kg worth of wood and magnets.  Civilisation anybody?

Oct 14, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #5,794 of 18,459
Quote:
I used to get neck pains after a marathon session, sure enough, my neck eventually adapted.  Would you go to the gym, immediately again the next day when the previous workout left you sore?  Likewise, giving the LCD2s a break whilst your body rebuilds your neck is the way to go, as hard as it is to remove the LCD2s from your head.  Eventually the neck muscles are adaptable.

There are children that slave away hauling bricks on their heads, yet we here complain of a mere 1/2 kg worth of wood and magnets.  Civilisation anybody?

Good advice.

Lying down or laying back in a recliner also takes most of the weight away which helps me alot. Holding your head in the same position for long periods of time is conducive to these problems regardless of headphone weight though.

Also a great stress reducer, deep breathing while leaning your head back as far as it will go followed by trying to touch your chest with your chin helps with my neck pain problems. Also the infamous neck rotation.

If none of that works maybe try some human growth hormone and/or anabolic steroids.

Oct 14, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #5,796 of 18,459
Originally I was worried about the weight because I have spinal stenosis and a disc issue in my neck but I have not experienced any issues with my neck with the LCD2. I have and will wear them again for 12 hr sessions. The comfort issue is not an issue at least for me. The phones sound so good but for people that cannot stand the issue the most comfortable for me was the D7000 and to show what I think of the T1 and LCD2 I sold the D7000 because it was not being used.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #5,798 of 18,459
Sorry to sound rude but it really is silly to have to do stretches or excercises before listening to a headphone.  Any1 would think that headphone listening is becoming a sport haha.  Seriously if they are causing you pain in your neck and back then I would just sell them at no loss. 

But hopefully it wont be an issue for me as I always listen to my headphones lying on the sofa or in bed - and this is unlikely to change for some time.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #5,800 of 18,459
But how much lighter is it?

The feather light of the dynamics minus the T1 is a gods send. Feels saver then say a 400g+ HE6? Is it lighter than that?
Fostex T50RP is already that heavier then my dynamics.

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #5,801 of 18,459

Quote:
Sorry to sound rude but it really is silly to have to do stretches or excercises before listening to a headphone.  Any1 would think that headphone listening is becoming a sport haha.  Seriously if they are causing you pain in your neck and back then I would just sell them at no loss. 

But hopefully it wont be an issue for me as I always listen to my headphones lying on the sofa or in bed - and this is unlikely to change for some time.

I agree you shouldn't need to do any exercises - and that was not what Clayton was suggesting - he was saying wearing the headphones is all your body would need to adapt.  But even that aside it's impossible for me to understand how this is even an issue for a person who is healthy overall.  If you have a pre-existing neck or spine problem, then that's something else again.  But the LCD-2 have never given me any issue related to this, and I am in my mid-forties.  The comfort issues I had with them related to the pads, which are initially quite stiff, and the original foam headband which I thought was too thin.  Even with the ALO cable, which adds to the weight significantly, I have no neck or back problems wearing these for sometimes several hours.

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #5,803 of 18,459

Quote:

You folks are cracking me up...stretches and exercises, LOL.  This is what the audiophile community gets for sitting on their arses all day and night.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #5,805 of 18,459
I think its quite fair to air concerns about weight if one has sustained a nasty back or neck injury,  it serves as another data point that others with similar injuries need to pay attention to.  I think a comfy cushion for a headrest would go a long way in addressing almost any weight complaint.  I agree with Skylab when he says that a healthy adult will not have any real issues with regards to the weight, and as woof37 puts it, all soldiers must wear a helmet all day, often these helmets are equipped with a camera and communucations system, most will adapt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back