Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Oct 13, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #5,776 of 18,459
Just received this email from Audeze so I cannot fault their support. 

Quote:
Audeze said:
Hello,

Recently it has come to our notice that the plastic blocks that are part of the headband may show some visible cracks. We are looking into this issue, but preliminary findings show, the type of plastic raw material is the cause. These type of plastic blocks are limited to a few batches that were shipped out. You are receiving this email, because our records indicate you have a headphone from this batch.

We apologize for the problem and we will gladly replace the blocks. We are currently working on a replacement block, we will pro-actively send a pair with instructions to each LCD-2 owner who received the plastic blocks in the batch. We expect to ship the replacement block in a couple of weeks.

If you find any cracks / fissures or any other issues with the plastic blocks, please do send us an email to support@audeze.com.

Thank you very much for your understanding,

Audez'e Inc.

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:50 AM Post #5,778 of 18,459

Quote:
Just received this email from Audeze so I cannot fault their support. 

I rewceived the same from Audeze. Alex and sankar are on the ball and addressing issues and concerns and it is nice to see two guys so dedicated and offering a high level of service. My review reflected my feeling on this headphone. It is an outstanding product with unmatched SQ

Oct 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #5,779 of 18,459
Bad news....
Yesterday, after three hour session with LCD2, they had induced some neck pain, and today it is after 20 minutes 
frown.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #5,780 of 18,459
That really is a bummer that you get neck pain from them, do you have a history of neck / back problems?  Possibility of doing neck exercise or stretching before listening sessions?

Wood, metal, heavy pads in the LCD-2  vs.  all plastic in most of the more mainstream headphones....definitely makes them heavy (but also give them a feeling of quality).  If they were to change the weight they would basically have to go plastic or something, which would probably ruin them.  

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #5,782 of 18,459
Just got my pair today and it's been fun comparing it with my HD800. As it is right now I only have the Dsavitsk L'espressivo and Bottlehead Crack to compare with, but I'm liking what I'm hearing thus far
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #5,788 of 18,459
Ya it's a canare wire. I'm at school and don't have a place to solder, so I didn't bring my stuff.  Slightly interested in upgrading the  cable quality as well. Wanted to know if there was much of a market yet.

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #5,789 of 18,459

Quote:
Not to start a flame war, but does anyone have a cable suggestion for these? I'm really interested in getting a balanced cable. 

I do have a Moon Audio Silver Dragon coming this week....if Canada Post/USPS would hurry the heck up. I really think that silver and the LCD-2s would be an ideal match to help pull the upper mids/treble out a bit and give them more sense of space/air.

Hopefully it arrives this week. If so, I should have a review on the pairing by the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back