AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 11, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #3,437 of 3,539
Sorry, but for me, Aurora has muddiness in the sound. I have to reduce the low mids in 2 dBs to avoid that muddiness that makes the sound a bit bloated and slow. I am talking about myself. You can hear different, of course. And I am not saying Aurora sounds bad... I am only speaking about the things I don't like about the Aurora, but I think it sounds OK, extremely coherent. It is the #13 in my ranking list.

And of course the NP is not the only one in the range with the treble I like. I like a lot of IEMs with great treble energy like Monarch MK3, 64a U4s, KSE1200, Timeless, S12,...

And I am not saying that having tame treble means no details. I am saying that Aurora has less details than NP, and less treble than I usually like. I am talking about Aurora, not any other, and of course not Alita (I haven't tried Alita).
“Muddiness” is a strongly negative adjective to describe audio gears, unless you are @MudEnjoyer. That’s why you got people here rifled up.

I think the Aurora lacks some bites in the upper end rather than too much lower end. It’s perfectly tuned all the way to upper mid, objectively and subjectively.

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #3,439 of 3,539
Shootout at Zeppelin today.

Titan, Pilgrim, Neon Pro, Ascension, Annihilator 2023, Canpur 622b
IMG_6846.jpeg

Craziest stack on planet earth.
IMG_6847.jpeg

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #3,441 of 3,539
Pilgrim is okay for the price. If you have kilobuck stuff. It's not for you. I like the Anni23, but I now feel the technicals is not befitting the price point. The Symphonium Helios is more airy and detailed for less than half the price, though the mid bass is way less. Ascension is still the best all rounder. If you are only going to own one or two IEMs. The Ascension is the best choice.
IMG_6849.jpeg

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #3,442 of 3,539
Pilgrim is okay for the price. If you have kilobuck stuff. It's not for you. I like the Anni23, but I now feel the technicals is not befitting the price point. The Symphonium Helios is more airy and detailed for less than half the price, though the mid bass is way less. Ascension is still the best all rounder. If you are only going to own one or two IEMs. The Ascension is the best choice. IMG_6849.jpeg
Thanks for your thoughts.

But please elaborate, what in the actual heck is going on in this pic? My brain cannot make any sense of it.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #3,443 of 3,539
Thanks for your thoughts.

But please elaborate, what in the actual heck is going on in this pic? My brain cannot make any sense of it.
It is exactly what you see. The craziest 2 pin IEM cable ever. You might never see such a cable in real life. It's more rope than cable. LOL

If you are wondering what it sounds like. The entire setup was amazing. Truly amazing imaging and staging.
IMG_6850.jpeg
IMG_6848.jpeg

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #3,445 of 3,539
It is insane in real life and the pictures. It was one of those. It exists because it can be made things.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #3,446 of 3,539
It is exactly what you see. The craziest 2 pin IEM cable ever. You might never see such a cable in real life. It's more rope than cable. LOL

If you are wondering what it sounds like. The entire setup was amazing. Truly amazing imaging and staging.
IMG_6850.jpegIMG_6848.jpeg
Am always curious how they manage to solder the combine thickness to the skinny bare pin as well as the 4.4 end. Kind of overkill unless using as speaker cable..

Anyway, did you try Ascension with DX260 and MK475?

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #3,449 of 3,539
Pilgrim is okay for the price. If you have kilobuck stuff. It's not for you. I like the Anni23, but I now feel the technicals is not befitting the price point. The Symphonium Helios is more airy and detailed for less than half the price, though the mid bass is way less. Ascension is still the best all rounder. If you are only going to own one or two IEMs. The Ascension is the best choice. IMG_6849.jpeg

Thanks for the little comparison.

The cable is really crazy. I like it when people try the maximum possible.

I am amazed to see VE EVE. Owned it more than 2 years ago and still annoyed to let it go.
In the near future we will see what will establish itself next to the Ascension for me...

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #3,450 of 3,539

I saw this in pictures from CJ SG. I am still waiting with great anticipation for a picture of it in use! Please make it a mugshot so I can appreciate exactly what it might look like to see someone approaching me with those snakes trailing from either ear. Who is up to the challenge?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back