AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 16, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #3,466 of 3,539
For me, there would still be a comparison between Ascension and Aehta.

I'm still very happy with my Ascension and Neon Pro. I sold a U4s for good money. Also a nice set. Compared to the other two, however, a small step backwards.

Now I'm looking for exactly ONE other set. A set that can inspire me like the other two Aür. Price range up to 1500 dollars. Entertaining, rousing, warm, voice is important to me, treble should be clear but not too analytical, something to tap my feet.
Maybe Aehta can do all that, but is it really that different from NP and Ascension? Campfire Audio Bonneville and the Symphoniums come to my mind. What else ? If only I knew :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #3,467 of 3,539
If you like vocals. Aur IEMs is the way to go. The Aehta is very good in this aspect. A rich mids that bites hard. I briefly heard the Aurora and Alita. Both are also great IEMs for vocals. I won't go into details since my listening time was very short. There are some very well written reviews already up. It'll be interesting to hear what the others think. I don't have anything that best the Aur IEMs when it comes to rich, organic vocals and bass lines.

The switches on the Aehta work well. I prefer either all the switches up, or the mids and highs up and lows off. It's basically a warm and dark IEM. The focus is on the bass, both sub and mid, and the mids range. The treble is present, but don't expect extensions and airiness. It's more technical and you can hear more details on the Aehta, especially in the mids, compared to the Titan.
Do you use the Athena cable on Aetha mostly? How would pure silver cables do?

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #3,468 of 3,539
Warm and airy treble don't come together until you hit very costly hard to drive headphones with an amp that weighs like an adult female.

For the Aehta. Dynamics (swing between quiet and loud), warm, vocals. All these are 5 stars. Treble. is less prominent. As a result, despite the very good imaging. The stage is going to be more intimate compared to any of the Symphonium tunings.

I have not used the Neon Pro much. I had 3 people try it and 2 liked it very much. I am personally not a fan of the U shaped sound. Ascension's W is one of my favourites. So, a bit biased here.

I will be upfront. I don't like Campfire. I've never tried a Campfire that I like, it ranges from bearable to hate it. The only one I dislike more than the Bonneville is the Trifecta. I am very sensitive to incoherent sound, the same way some find sharp treble or too much bass unbearable. Many chifi have this problem, including the Monarch III. Which is why I pawned it off to my son. I find the Bonneville is one of the worst I have heard, it's bassy and bleeds into the mids, and the treble sounds very separated from everything else. That said. It doesn't seem to bother some people. I am the wrong person to discuss Campfire products with.

Symphonium house sound is very different from Aur. A closer comparison will be Elysian to Symphonium. I am a big fan of all three brands. Due to the price performance ratio. I prefer Symphonium. If I can own it all. I would get the Annihilator too. Considering the price and how airy and sparkly the treble on the Helios is. I would prefer to put the cash towards a Storm.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #3,469 of 3,539
Do you use the Athena cable on Aetha mostly? How would pure silver cables do?
Yes sir, I primarily used the Aetha with the Athena cable. I was at Zeppelin. One of the guys working there, Luth. He's personally got the largest collection of cables I have ever seen. He also works in one of the most premium shops juggling IEMs and cables day in and day out. The crazy rope cable I posted. That is his. He's the most knowledgeable person I know on such matters.

Long story short. He tried the Aehta. The only comment is it needs a cable to open the staging. I have a Helios SE coming in from Australia in a few days. I intend to change the cable on that. I will go and check with him what cable will be the optimal pairing for the Aehta.

Pure silver cables are usually very clean sounding, but the bass takes a hit. It will turn any IEM bright. I do have one. But cannot remember where I shoved it.

Either case I won't have the Aehta back for at least another 2 or 3 weeks. So it might take a while for me to reply with something concrete.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #3,470 of 3,539
Now I'm looking for exactly ONE other set. A set that can inspire me like the other two Aür. Price range up to 1500 dollars. Entertaining, rousing, warm, voice is important to me, treble should be clear but not too analytical, something to tap my feet.
Maybe Aehta can do all that, but is it really that different from NP and Ascension? Campfire Audio Bonneville and the Symphoniums come to my mind. What else ? If only I knew :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:
All of this can be had for much cheaper, but might take you a while to catch this one, and I'm not selling mine - AüR Aure (the green, middle one below). Discontinued and limited production. Okay, not warm per se, but such a well balanced W tuning. Vocals are unbelievable, both male and female. Treble is as you say, clear but not analytical. Tapping feet? Absolutely!

20231229_110818.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #3,471 of 3,539
Maybe one day people will come to realise how amazing the mids are on the Aur IEMs. How Abel tunes such rich and engaging vocals is truly nothing short of genius.

Apr 16, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #3,472 of 3,539
Maybe one day people will come to realise how amazing the mids are on the Aur IEMs. How Abel tunes such rich and engaging vocals is truly nothing short of genius.

Agreed.

I have a relatively small collection of six IEM including the just ordered Aurora and fully half of them are AuR.

Even with the different overall tuning of the Neon Pro and Ascension I enjoy both equally which I think is due to how the midrange is tuned on them.

I fully expect the same will hold true for the Aurora.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #3,473 of 3,539
Many thanks for your answers. Maybe this one IEM really doesn't exist (for the price). But I'm not giving up.

Campfire is quite easy to get here in Germany. It's a completely different story with Symphonium. I have time, I'm really well supplied at the moment. I would only blind order Aür...

I really liked an Andro, I think a 2019, back then. But that was too long ago. So Campfire will stay on my list. I'm curious to see what happens...

@nikbr: I didn't actually say anything about my Aure. You're right, it's very much in the direction I was looking for. In the end, it lacks a bit of brilliance and presentation. He also plays too intimately for me in some situations.

Still a diamond for the price...

868270b1-cb78-4329-b4cc-88d5ee1d7e05.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #3,474 of 3,539
Many thanks for your answers. Maybe this one IEM really doesn't exist (for the price). But I'm not giving up.

Campfire is quite easy to get here in Germany. It's a completely different story with Symphonium. I have time, I'm really well supplied at the moment. I would only blind order Aür...

I really liked an Andro, I think a 2019, back then. But that was too long ago. So Campfire will stay on my list. I'm curious to see what happens...

@nikbr: I didn't actually say anything about my Aure. You're right, it's very much in the direction I was looking for. In the end, it lacks a bit of brilliance and presentation. He also plays too intimately for me in some situations.

Still a diamond for the price...

868270b1-cb78-4329-b4cc-88d5ee1d7e05.jpg
Sneaky you! Such a beauty, right? Which cable have you adorned it with?

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #3,476 of 3,539
If I could, I would order all IEMs in this green color :wink:

The cable is a copper Clan Audio...
I got my DTE900 in that green :)

Btw you are right imo - if it ain't a Campfire, Sony or Sennheiser it is quite hard not to buy blind here in Germany...

Thanks to many co-headfiers and good luck I was quite successful in that respect and only had a few mistakes. And of course it is also fun to blind buy - increases the excitement and anticipation... 😃

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #3,477 of 3,539
Apparently my Aehta is shipped next week 🥳🥳🥳

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #3,478 of 3,539
Nice. Try this track when you get it. There is some freaky thing going on at around the 0:57, 2:08, 2:45 mark.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 1.57.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #3,479 of 3,539
Abel fixed my Ascension. They're looking very good. :thumbsup: The longer one listens to Ascension the more they become likeable. I'd place Ascension and SR8 both to 1st place, 2nd goes to Aurora, 3rd Penon Serial. Ascension sounds very balanced: Enough bass that reaches my ears, high mids and treble bring plenty of details and airiness without being sibilant. I can listen for hours to all kinds of genres. No need for DSP.

Comfort depends on eartips. I didn't try any stock tips on my AüR collection yet and immediately go to Dunu S&S (L size). Though they're not the most comfortable on Ascension, but XL size on the other hand makes them more comfortable at the loss of small amounts of bass and isolation.
Long story short, here are my experiences about comfort from good to worse: Dunu S&S XL = Penon Liqueur (orange) > Dunu S&S L = Penon Liqueur (black)
That means I forget wearing Ascension thanks to Dunu S&S XL and Penon Liqueur (orange).

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #3,480 of 3,539
I'm late to the party but I ordered the Neon Pro and they're now in transit (Fedex!) - I was expecting 4-8 weeks but it took only 2.5! If they're slightly better than the SA6 Mk2 I used to have I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back