AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Oct 28, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 3,539
My review of the Aure is up. These are my thoughts, and I am looking forward to reading what others think of them:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/aür-audio-aure-reviews.26139/

20221018_142801.jpg

Nov 17, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #4 of 3,539
Following :)

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 3,539
A great thing to know something new always

One of the big pluses of being in this industry for sure! Nothing ever gets too old or boring and there is always something new on the horizon!

Nov 30, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 3,539
My Neon Pro arrived recently and I would like to share my first impressions with you.

Construction/comfort: I chose the dark shell and faceplate version and I really like the design. The shells are of medium size, but thanks to their profile they fit perfectly in my ears. The high-quality workmanship is evident.
The bass switch is a very nice addition and its use is audible.

Sound: For me, these are IEMs that give me a lot of pleasure from listening to music from the very beginning. Technically it's very good, of course you can do better (Anole V14) but then you have to pay much more.
They are tuned very well, nothing irritates, nothing is missing, and at the same time the sound is not boring or dry. The timbres of the instruments are well rendered. Especially the midrange has a lot of depth and listening to the vocals is an incredible pleasure. In the way of tuning, you can feel that the person who did it is an experienced music lover with a refined taste :)

Comparisons: I own several pairs of IEMs, UM Mest OG, CA Andromeda S, Sony IER-Z1R. Listening to them and switching to Neon Pro I feel the same pleasure from listening to music. Of course, each of them has its own unique characteristics. Against this background, the Neon Pro, together with the Andromeda, have the best midrange. They are also probably the most universal - they work well in all music genres.

Nicholas and Abel you guys made great IEM!!!

I'm looking forward to try new flagship with EST driver :)
Thanks for your impressions of the Neon Pro, it sounds like one to look forward to. My current aim is to get a set of the Aur Audio Alita. The Neon Pro may well be next, if my wallet permits. 😄

Dec 1, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #8 of 3,539
AüR Audio Neon Pro (with RSV and EJ07M)

*updated graph info

Gear used & streaming service: Cayin RU6 on balanced output & Apple music

Hello People of portable audio,

This is gonna be my first-time writing / sharing about a product I personally really like. But first a little bit disclaimer, I bought all the items with my own money and nothing for free and also, I’m one those guys who perceive 64audio U12t as just an ok iem, so you guys might question my thoughts written here but it’s ok. It is what it is. Everything is personal as everyone has different ears, so what I hear might not what you’re gonna hear.

So, I am going to share a bit about AüR Audio Neon Pro (10BA set), an iem from a small brand in Singapore with a master tuner from China.

Gonna make it short with a bit of comparison with the RSV and EJ07M (even though it has a different config) because it has similar price range and the NP is priced at $650.

Neon Pro is an all-rounder IEM that is very engaging. It has a switch to turn the bass down by 3dB and it affects the graph from sub bass all the way to 600Hz. How is it engaging? for me personally, an iem must have an impact on the mid bass presentation such as kick drum and bass guitar and Neon Pro has it.
I start with this point because this is the thing that I found lacking the most in RSV and even more on the EJ07M. I watched HBB review on the RSV and I did confirm that for me personally it is a bit lacking/muted and I sometimes did lose some of the engagement from a song. Song to test it out: Little Dragon – Another Lover

The sub bass can go very low when it’s called to and mids, especially when we compare it with the RSV, nearly has the same presentation and sounds natural to me.
Song to test it out: Alina Baraz and Galimatias – Pretty thoughts

Treble of the NP is never fatiguing just like the RSV but it has more energy/gain that gives more sparkle but still not sibilant. This is also the 2nd point that I found from the RSV that makes it a little bit less engaging. Song to test it out: Jimmy Browm – It’s gotta be you especially listening to this song, the NP sounds expansive (this might be the word for it) and also immersive.
Instrument separation and clarity is good on the Neon pro and it has detailed sound that makes me question what is the benefit of having EST on the EJ07M. I honestly find that NP is even more detailed that ESV and EJ07M.

As for the soundstage, I personally still learning how to define it and differentiate one to another so I cannot say much about it.
So, all and all, Neon Pro is an IEM that I categorized as an all-rounder, very engaging and musical (the most important factor) that every time I put it on, I always find myself moving and nodding my head. #notshilling

RSV and EJ07M are not a bad IEM, certainly there are people that love them to the upmost and it's good. But having to compare the three of em, I find that the Neon Pro is better for me by identifying what is lacking on the other two. If I only have the RSV or the EJ07M with none to compare I would just find with either one of em.

On a side note: I bought the RSV and EJ07M to learn how to understand FR and cross checking it with the sound and I must say Harman target IEM is probably not for me. There might be some exception, but for now, AüR Audio certainly know how to tune their IEM and not just follow the trend.

FR courtesy of: AKROS

aür_audio_neon (1) - Copy.jpg

317718433_707403667520487_3173878028712015138_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 3,539
Neon Pro reminds me more V tuned VX or SA6 Ultra
1C1799AD-EB1F-4302-9E04-E03DB7BF7757.png

Interesting because I do V-tune VX with Satin Audio’s cable, I was so disappointed when I found that cable was V-tune cable at the beginning, because qdc cable is apmost proprietary for qdc IEMs only.
Now I found that cable is pretty useful on VX these days for more excitement.

Maybe Neon Pro could be enjoyable one .

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 3,539
What’s the composition of 10BA, 4 way,
2BA (bass) + 4BA (mid) + 2BA (treble) + 2BA (super-tweeter)?

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 3,539
Neon Pro reminds me more V tuned VX or SA6 Ultra
1C1799AD-EB1F-4302-9E04-E03DB7BF7757.png

Interesting because I do V-tune VX with Satin Audio’s cable, I was so disappointed when I found that cable was V-tune cable at the beginning, because qdc cable is apmost proprietary for qdc IEMs only.
Now I found that cable is pretty useful on VX these days for more excitement.

Maybe Neon Pro could be enjoyable one .

IMG_20221203_203753.jpg

Sure, Neon Pro with a power class a amp can reach Vx levels but with tons of fun, not only is detailed but also on a soulful and emotional wsy that Vx doesn't have.

Cheers

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 3,539

Sure, Neon Pro with a power class a amp can reach Vx levels but with tons of fun, not only is detailed but also on a soulful and emotional wsy that Vx doesn't have.

Cheers
Thanks. That comentary gives me some crew of crossover set up.

It sound like Neon Pro is V-tuned VX with duo bass x quad-mid x quad treble set up.

I will keep eye on Neon Pro.

Where can you buy Neon Pro? Their website is down.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #13 of 3,539
What’s the composition of 10BA, 4 way,
2BA (bass) + 4BA (mid) + 2BA (treble) + 2BA (super-tweeter)?
May I help you with this question,

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 5 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz
Sub Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Mid Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Midrange (2): Sonion Custom Midrange Driver
Treble (4): Knowles Custom Dual Tweeter

Dec 3, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 3,539
Dec 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #15 of 3,539
May I help you with this question,

Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 5 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz
Sub Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Mid Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Midrange (2): Sonion Custom Midrange Driver
Treble (4): Knowles Custom Dual Tweeter
The config makes sense. Sonion 26/28 or 2300/2600? That config reminds me of Anole VX’s If I remember it correctly that’s the same 4 way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back