AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Dec 17, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #32 of 3,616
Yes that's me😉
Great to have you on board.

It gives those of us with less experience of Aur Audio products a chance to take up your little free time to pick your brain.😁

Seriously though, we will try to keep this light and fun, so it is an occasional escape from reviewing. Boy, you have been busy!

Dec 17, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #33 of 3,616
I can reply to this as I've been talking to Nicolas Teo.

White top middle - Alita (12BA) flagship currently

Top Left/Right - Aure (6BA+1DD) in NEW green shell. Also have black or blue?/red & all black?

Bottom - Neon Pro (10BA) in blue. Also have black shells
Thank you for that, I forgot about the new green shells.

At least my wallet will not have to scream as many times as I thought....for now.

Nic spoke of a few ideas for the future, looking forward to hearing them all.

Dec 26, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #34 of 3,616
NEON PRO REVIEW (SA6 Ultra Comparison)

TL;DR I'll get straight to the point. If you want a musically engaging all around IEM that will make you FEEL instead of just HEARING the music, pick up the Aur Audio Neon Pro. The sound tuning hits above its cost/weight and you won't be disappointed with the reproduction.

Disclaimer: As we all know, everyone has unique ear canals that can interpret sounds differently. What I hear might be different vs what YOU hear. That said, I'm one of the few that can say outloud that the Effect Audio (EA) Gaea is a trash IEM especially for the cost. But I enjoyed the Hisenior Mega5P and Moondrop Blessing 2 with same 4BA+1DD build. And I'll throw in the Softears Turii Ti for those that think that it's because of cost only; I trash the Gaea but no, I throughly enjoyed the Turii Ti and thats almost double the cost of the Gaea. More importantly, I buy all my IEMs. There is no free exchange for reviews as that will comprise the impressions. And if a person has to spend their own hard earned money on a goods/service, they'll be more inclined to scrutinize said goods/service vs if it was provided for free. We are human after all.

With all of that out of the way. Lets get to the short review:

Aur Audio Neo Pro (NP)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 5 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz
Sub Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Mid Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Midrange (2): Sonion Custom Midrange Driver
Treble (4): Knowles Custom Dual Tweeter

Has a bass switch which I kept off for this review.

The sound signature is a mild energetic V-shaped tuning, expansive soundstage, non-fatiguing with an emphasis on the mid range as its foundation. It suits almost every genre of music. It's musical, engaging & fun.

The lows are powerful & meaty. It mimics a dynamic driver (DD). Its not overdone, provides fantastic definition, and handles extensions with ease. But more importantly, bass timbre is consistent and not muddy. The bass punches you in the mouth with authority, it jabs, throws a couple left & right hooks here & there, and finishes it off a few haymakers.

The mids are full & lush. It sounds smooth and very pleasing to my ears; although, the vocals are slightly recessed compared to the Dunu SA6 Ultra (SA6U), the seperation from instruments is done well. Strings & woodwinds are presented with authenticity. And the piano...WOW...sounds like a Steinway baby grand piano and not a Yamaha keyboard. The midrange is bold without being shouty and they deliver on every aspect of that frequency.

The highs are energetic & clean. The detail retrieval is great. The percussions sound realistic and have an accuracy to them that would be reserved for more expensive IEMs. It doesn't have the air/sparkle presentation & extension as other IEMs specifically Dunu SA6U but that means it's not bright; as a result, it's not fatiguing. There is no sibilant or piercing at higher volumes.The treble range is sweet and perfectly blends well with the rest of the frequencies.

The soundstage is expansive & wide. Imaging is excellent. There is a sense of clarity and separation that I can pinpoint where the instruments are located on stage with my live recordings. Reproduction of instrument sounds are unparallel. They all sound natural & authentic. No artifical sounds. Perfect example would be an artist singing with their natural voice vs using autotune. No autotune is use here.

In comparison to Dunu SA6 Ultra (SA6U)
The SA6U is overall a more neutral balanced set compared to the NP. It's also a great all arounder. It's a smaller size IEM due to the 6BA vs 10BA, which might be better fitting if one has smaller ears. The cables provided are way better on the SA6U because its modular and the NP comes with a 3.5mm cable only. SA6U has more ear tip options and overall better packaging. The bass is punchy & controlled, mids are natural & rich, and treble is where it excels over the NP. The treble is airy, the clarity and microdetail retrivals are better on SA6U in comparsion to the NP. The soundstage is more immersive & narrow due to the more forward vocals it has over the NP. Imaging, layering, and timbre is on par with the NP. If had to put it simply, its an IEM for those that want a neutral, balanced, and analytical sound.
Sadly, SA6U is a limited edition model so it can only be found on the used market.

Overall the NP is the slighty better IEM than the SA6U because the notes carry more weight. And I didn't even mention that it scales with power. Plug into an amp and it goes to a higher peak to the point where one owner I talked to said its on the same level as the Empire Ears Legend Evo. I don't honestly know because I haven't heard the EE Legend Evo personally but that owner did recommend the Turii Ti to me and I love how it sounds. As of right now, it's my number #1 IEM.

In the end:
The Neon Pro is the back alley Mom & Pop restaurant that you'd walk by on your way to the McDonalds or a High-End restaurant, ignoring it completely because it doesn't have the fancy sign in front or the backing of a rich corpration with the marketing budget to back it up. But what you'll miss is the love and care that goes into making some of the best food you'll ever taste (Think about mother's cooking) at the fraction of the cost. In the restaurant industry, we'd call this the "neighborhood gem". I dont know if AüR Audio will ever reach the APEXs of the big hitters like Dunu, Moondrop, Orilious, etc but they offer something special that can compete up there with the best of them. And to me thats whats the great about the NP. Best bang for the buck. No brand whoring, no hyping, nothing extra. Just sound reproduction that makes you FEEL the music.
20221223_113817.jpg
20221226_095528(1).jpg
20221222_120037(1).jpg
20221222_122939.jpg
NPvsSA6U.PNG

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #35 of 3,616
NEON PRO REVIEW (SA6 Ultra Comparison)

TL;DR I'll get straight to the point. If you want a musically engaging all around IEM that will make you FEEL instead of just HEARING the music, pick up the Aur Audio Neon Pro. The sound tuning hits above its cost/weight and you won't be disappointed with the reproduction.

Disclaimer: As we all know, everyone has unique ear canals that can interpret sounds differently. What I hear might be different vs what YOU hear. That said, I'm one of the few that can say outloud that the Effect Audio (EA) Gaea is a trash IEM especially for the cost. But I enjoyed the Hisenior Mega5P and Moondrop Blessing 2 with same 4BA+1DD build. And I'll throw in the Softears Turii Ti for those that think that it's because of cost only; I trash the Gaea but no, I throughly enjoyed the Turii Ti and thats almost double the cost of the Gaea. More importantly, I buy all my IEMs. There is no free exchange for reviews as that will comprise the impressions. And if a person has to spend their own hard earned money on a goods/service, they'll be more inclined to scrutinize said goods/service vs if it was provided for free. We are human after all.

With all of that out of the way. Lets get to the short review:

Aur Audio Neo Pro (NP)
Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 5 ohm© at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 111dB at 1 kHz
Sub Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Mid Bass (2): Sonion Dual Woofer
Midrange (2): Sonion Custom Midrange Driver
Treble (4): Knowles Custom Dual Tweeter

Has a bass switch which I kept off for this review.

The sound signature is a mild energetic V-shaped tuning, expansive soundstage, non-fatiguing with an emphasis on the mid range as its foundation. It suits almost every genre of music. It's musical, engaging & fun.

The lows are powerful & meaty. It mimics a dynamic driver (DD). Its not overdone, provides fantastic definition, and handles extensions with ease. But more importantly, bass timbre is consistent and not muddy. The bass punches you in the mouth with authority, it jabs, throws a couple left & right hooks here & there, and finishes it off a few haymakers.

The mids are full & lush. It sounds smooth and very pleasing to my ears; although, the vocals are slightly recessed compared to the Dunu SA6 Ultra (SA6U), the seperation from instruments is done well. Strings & woodwinds are presented with authenticity. And the piano...WOW...sounds like a Steinway baby grand piano and not a Yamaha keyboard. The midrange is bold without being shouty and they deliver on every aspect of that frequency.

The highs are energetic & clean. The detail retrieval is great. The percussions sound realistic and have an accuracy to them that would be reserved for more expensive IEMs. It doesn't have the air/sparkle presentation & extension as other IEMs specifically Dunu SA6U but that means it's not bright; as a result, it's not fatiguing. There is no sibilant or piercing at higher volumes.The treble range is sweet and perfectly blends well with the rest of the frequencies.

The soundstage is expansive & wide. Imaging is excellent. There is a sense of clarity and separation that I can pinpoint where the instruments are located on stage with my live recordings. Reproduction of instrument sounds are unparallel. They all sound natural & authentic. No artifical sounds. Perfect example would be an artist singing with their natural voice vs using autotune. No autotune is use here.

In comparison to Dunu SA6 Ultra (SA6U)
The SA6U is overall a more neutral balanced set compared to the NP. It's also a great all arounder. It's a smaller size IEM due to the 6BA vs 10BA, which might be better fitting if one has smaller ears. The cables provided are way better on the SA6U because its modular and the NP comes with a 3.5mm cable only. SA6U has more ear tip options and overall better packaging. The bass is punchy & controlled, mids are natural & rich, and treble is where it excels over the NP. The treble is airy, the clarity and microdetail retrivals are better on SA6U in comparsion to the NP. The soundstage is more immersive & narrow due to the more forward vocals it has over the NP. Imaging, layering, and timbre is on par with the NP. If had to put it simply, its an IEM for those that want a neutral, balanced, and analytical sound.
Sadly, SA6U is a limited edition model so it can only be found on the used market.

Overall the NP is the slighty better IEM than the SA6U because the notes carry more weight. And I didn't even mention that it scales with power. Plug into an amp and it goes to a higher peak to the point where one owner I talked to said its on the same level as the Empire Ears Legend Evo. I don't honestly know because I haven't heard the EE Legend Evo personally but that owner did recommend the Turii Ti to me and I love how it sounds. As of right now, it's my number #1 IEM.

In the end:
The Neon Pro is the back alley Mom & Pop restaurant that you'd walk by on your way to the McDonalds or a High-End restaurant, ignoring it completely because it doesn't have the fancy sign in front or the backing of a rich corpration with the marketing budget to back it up. But what you'll miss is the love and care that goes into making some of the best food you'll ever taste (Think about mother's cooking) at the fraction of the cost. In the restaurant industry, we'd call this the "neighborhood gem". I dont know if AüR Audio will ever reach the APEXs of the big hitters like Dunu, Moondrop, Orilious, etc but they offer something special that can compete up there with the best of them. And to me thats whats the great about the NP. Best bang for the buck. No brand whoring, no hyping, nothing extra. Just sound reproduction that makes you FEEL the music.20221223_113817.jpg20221226_095528(1).jpg20221222_120037(1).jpg20221222_122939.jpgNPvsSA6U.PNG
Thanks for your impressions.

Jan 6, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #36 of 3,616
Understanding Alita

Alita is one of that iems that are not easy to understand at first listening.
Sure you won't love it at first sight.
Let them some listening hours and left for 2 or 3 days, start again.

Roxxane from George Michael's Songs from the Last Century album is a great example.
A great song, but hard to find their best on an iem.
NP is a bit agressive for that and doesn't let you really enjoy, we need the just bit of warmth for relaxing the signature enough for that purpose.
Alita is the perfect guilty we only need.

Whats

Understanding Alita

Alita is one of that iems that are not easy to understand at first listening.
Sure you won't love it at first sight.
Let them some listening hours and left for 2 or 3 days, start again.

Roxxane from George Michael's Songs from the Last Century album is a great example.
A great song, but hard to find their best on an iem.
NP is a bit agressive for that and doesn't let you really enjoy, we need the just bit of warmth for relaxing the signature enough for that purpose.
Alita is the perfect guilty we only need.

1671272322328.png
Hi Charly. Comparing Alita and NP?

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #38 of 3,616
Jan 8, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #39 of 3,616
Alita is like wine that improve remarkably in the bottle over the years and allows it to be subtle, refined, light, fragrant, aromatic and smooth.

Another gem from AÜR

Defiant Se with its analog signature can get the best from this beautiful iem

1673174584022.png

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:00 PM Post #41 of 3,616
Carlos, how would you compare Alita vs UM Mason FS today? :)
Alita can capture emotions on an easier way, such an analog sound and at sametime detailed.
Fs has a warmer signature but less colored mids.

For me, Alita wins.

Jan 8, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #42 of 3,616
I've had the Neon Pro for a while, they are great IEM.
I posted my review in this thread.
Several of my friends had the opportunity to listen to them.
Everyone was impressed with the sound quality and skillful tuning.
However, I still have the impression that Neons don't get the publicity they deserve.

Where are those reviewers and influencers we used to like so much who could find such hidden gems and share them with us?

Today all these collaborations and racing to make cheaper IEMs that sound like Blessing2 :D

Where is this hobby going? :wink:
Totally agree with you.
Most reviewers are not looking to AÜR cause this brand doesn't send them freebies.
But here we are for telling everybody that Alita and Neon Pro can play at 3k leagues without any problem.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #43 of 3,616
Late night, so time for listening some smooth Jazz on my new AÜR Aure, stright to my top 5
Beautiful bright signature with a masterful tunned DD bass.

1673310289797.png

1673310332134.png

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #44 of 3,616
Totally agree with you.
Most reviewers are not looking to AÜR cause this brand doesn't send them freebies.
But here we are for telling everybody that Alita and Neon Pro can play at 3k leagues without any problem.

Cheers.
Very good sign that Nicholas and Abel have the “Pride”👍 Thieaudio and UM have those good pride. I’m very sad to see Tangzu sold their ”soul” to others.

If they starts to slap reviewer’s name on Aur Audio, that probably will be my last chance opening this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back