AÜR AUDIO IEMs
May 21, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #3,616 of 3,709
Still super impressed, it's quite a technical sounding AüR. With tight deep bass and clean mids/highs, suprisingly clean BAs making Mega5est sounds a little veiled and smooth in comparison.

Delayed my review so I get more time with it, and I have some other promised reviews now.

Been playing with the switches this weekend, for my taste I preffer using 103. Get good amount of bass (12dB) but also some good treble to back it up, a good second is actually all switches off 000 for a more neutral and easy listen.

Third favorite is going full bass mode with 100, gets more L shaped when both mids and treble is more relaxed. Actually think its the same bass amount as 103 but since the treble is not so forward it sounds more bassy. Quite fun on electronica or hip hop.

Switch 1 is directed at the bass, 2 for the upper mids and last 3 for the treble. Works with enough change so it's noticable, but still sound similar as being Aehta underneath.

I would still not call this basshead set, but more of a audiophile bassy IEM. If that make any sense, since quantity is not taking over all the sound. It's also quite fast and punchy, not slow and don't muddy up the mids for me.

But I know some other owners are not a bass lover as me, and they prefer to use it in 023 to get the least amount of warmth. And that is a strength of Aehta giving you the choice of how warm or bright you want the tuning.

1000040908.jpg

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #3,617 of 3,709
Switched out the Aur since it doesn't need any break in. Installed the Letshuoer Cadenza 4 . Stock cable did not sound that dynamic so installed a Nice HCK Dragon Scale. Much better.
There is just something about those hybrid IEMs!!

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #3,618 of 3,709
Still not burned in fully but already one of my favourite IEM...
20240521_154447.jpg

May 22, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #3,621 of 3,709
What do you guys think about the bass response of the Neon Pro? Would it be passable for a basshead?
Hm, it has to be a no from me. It's got a beautifully done bass with all the pace ever. But is it sufficient in quantity? Not really. And the treble is more present so getting to that bass thumping sensation brings along deafening levels of treble.

May 22, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #3,622 of 3,709
What do you guys think about the bass response of the Neon Pro? Would it be passable for a basshead?

I think so long as you don’t expect them to equal the bass quantity of your other bass head sets and you are happy enjoy them for their other attributes they would be at least passable and possibly more than just passable.

The bass is still pretty decent in terms of quantity in my opinion and not in any way truly lacking, it just isn’t heavily emphasised. The trade off is what they might lack in weight in the sub and low bass they make up for with fast punchy mid bass which to my taste they do very well.

If it helps for comparison, I just compared the Neon Pro to the IE600 and to my ear the Neon Pro are in the same ball park in terms of bass quantity.

That is with the switch off. With it on the bass is boosted a decent amount but I find it bleeds into the mids and messes with vocals to my taste.

They respond well to a bit of added bass via iFi XBass, I haven’t EQd them but I suspect they would handle a bit of a low end boost readily.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,623 of 3,709
I am with @helloh3adfi and @nikbr. The NP has a nice bass for an all BA, but If you want basshead levels of bass the Aehta is the AüR for you...
1716401668788.jpeg

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #3,624 of 3,709
I guess it comes down to the chaps own definition of "passable" as he used in his question.

1. Does that mean passable for a bass head person as an alternative to genuine bass head sets but with enough bass to not sound anemic and having other worthwhile attributes ?

2. Does that mean passable as an all BA set that genuinely has a bass head level of bass quantity.

To those I think the answers are 1 - YES and 2 - NO.

I read his question to be in line with 1.

May 22, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #3,625 of 3,709
I guess it comes down to the chaps own definition of "passable" as he used in his question.

1. Does that mean passable for a bass head person as an alternative to genuine bass head sets but with enough bass to not sound anemic and having other worthwhile attributes ?

2. Does that mean passable as an all BA set that genuinely has a bass head level of bass quantity.

To those I think the answers are 1 - YES and 2 - NO.

I read his question to be in line with 1.
Im not sure how that question could be read as anything but 2 since asked if it was passable as a bass head (set). Imo it's definitely not and I would say no Aür sets I have heard would fall into the basshead realm although I haven't heard Aehta and from the graph it's definitely possible that could satisfy the criteria

May 22, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #3,628 of 3,709
Im not sure how that question could be read as anything but 2 since asked if it was passable as a bass head (set). Imo it's definitely not and I would say no Aür sets I have heard would fall into the basshead realm although I haven't heard Aehta and from the graph it's definitely possible that could satisfy the criteria

He phrased it specifically asking if they were "passable for a bass head" not were they passable as a bass head set.

I interpret that to mean could a bass head person live with them acknowledging that they are obviously not a bass head set, hence my response.

Doesn't really matter to anybody but the chap that asked the question and he has a few opinions.

Just shows how subjective all this is, we can't even agree on what the question means :smile:

May 23, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #3,630 of 3,709
He phrased it specifically asking if they were "passable for a bass head" not were they passable as a bass head set.

I interpret that to mean could a bass head person live with them acknowledging that they are obviously not a bass head set, hence my response.

Doesn't really matter to anybody but the chap that asked the question and he has a few opinions.

Just shows how subjective all this is, we can't even agree on what the question means :smile:
They’re not. Doesn’t matter how pedantic you get with the wording. It’s a very fine set, but anything basshead? It’s a no.

I'm wondering if Akros will review some AüR again. Dude should just get over it.
That relationship is dead, as far as Akros is concerned, and it’s not coming back. He’ll (probably) never patronize them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back