AÜR AUDIO IEMs
Apr 12, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #3,451 of 3,539
It is exactly what you see. The craziest 2 pin IEM cable ever. You might never see such a cable in real life. It's more rope than cable. LOL

If you are wondering what it sounds like. The entire setup was amazing. Truly amazing imaging and staging.
IMG_6850.jpegIMG_6848.jpeg
I bet it was great, but just how much does this crazy thing contribute to the otherworldly sound.

They should name that cable Golden Gate Bridge cable. :joy:
Or ..., I've got another good name for it ... The DingDongMonster 😮

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #3,452 of 3,539
LOL. It's not mine so I don't have naming rights. I'll name it something like "King of Overcompensation."

Surprisingly, it does fit over the ears and very much usable. I also can't say how much of the sound was attributed to the cable. It was a serious stack and the IEM itself had the potential to be driven.

I do have the iBasso DX260. It's very reference and the staging is very big, the bass part is quite flat. Pairs well with IEMs that need stage and tame the low end. I prefer something with a fuller sound and more resolving to pair with the Ascension.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 4:06 AM Post #3,455 of 3,539
How does the vocals of the Aure compare to the ascension
Aure is more present and intimate on brighter vocalists, while the more dark voices have more body on Ascension.

Personally I would pick Ascension everyday for vocals over Aure, as I prefer softer and rounder sound than the bright and energetic Aure.

Just very personal what we all like 😁

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #3,456 of 3,539
How does the vocals of the Aure compare to the ascension
I find the Aure to be a much more interesting vocal presentation with incredible roundness to its notes, most akin to my headphones.

Put simply, Aure primarily wows with vocals, whereas Ascension wows with other qualities more but still does vocals flawlessly.

Apr 14, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #3,458 of 3,539
Here is my review of AüR's current most affordable set and one of my favourites.

Click here to read my thoughts: Aurora review

20231203_105414.jpg

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #3,459 of 3,539
Here is my review of AüR's current most affordable set and one of my favourites.

Click here to read my thoughts: Aurora review

20231203_105414.jpg
Must be a catchy name because now there is also a 7Hz Aurora, and a flathead earbud called the same. OH! There is also a cable (Kbear Aurora) with the same name as well. :)

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #3,460 of 3,539
Hey everyone. I was going to do a comparison between the Aehta and Symphonium Titan. Last week I loaned out all my Aur IEMs. I did quite a lot of ABing earlier, but trying to do a comparison based all on week old memories is just substandard. I'll wait before putting it down in words. If you are trying to make a purchase decision and want to know now. Just let me know and I'll try to help as best as possible. They're fundamentally different. So, it's really a matter of sound preference. Bassy, warm, and rich, or bassy and balanced.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #3,462 of 3,539
Hey everyone. I was going to do a comparison between the Aehta and Symphonium Titan. Last week I loaned out all my Aur IEMs. I did quite a lot of ABing earlier, but trying to do a comparison based all on week old memories is just substandard. I'll wait before putting it down in words. If you are trying to make a purchase decision and want to know now. Just let me know and I'll try to help as best as possible. They're fundamentally different. So, it's really a matter of sound preference. Bassy, warm, and rich, or bassy and balanced.
Hello. I ordered Aehta for my first IEM yesterday.

Which is more universal, Titan or Aehta

What is the best switch setting for aehta?

For your information, my preference is that the vocals sound close.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:26 AM Post #3,463 of 3,539
Both work well as a bassy general purpose. Just your preference. I am keeping both.

If you like vocals. Aur IEMs is the way to go. The Aehta is very good in this aspect. A rich mids that bites hard. I briefly heard the Aurora and Alita. Both are also great IEMs for vocals. I won't go into details since my listening time was very short. There are some very well written reviews already up. It'll be interesting to hear what the others think. I don't have anything that best the Aur IEMs when it comes to rich, organic vocals and bass lines.

The switches on the Aehta work well. I prefer either all the switches up, or the mids and highs up and lows off. It's basically a warm and dark IEM. The focus is on the bass, both sub and mid, and the mids range. The treble is present, but don't expect extensions and airiness. It's more technical and you can hear more details on the Aehta, especially in the mids, compared to the Titan.

The Titan is neutral leaning and will sound brighter, the mid range leaner. The result is a larger stage despite the big bass shelf. The Symphonium house sound is highly technical, lean, airy, leaning brighter. Though they seem to be experimenting and it's slowly moving away from the Helios.

Another consideration for some people will be that Aur IEMs are easy to drive and Symphonium ones require about double the power. It's the same with the Aehta vs Titan. So, if you have a simple and limited chain. The Aur will be a suitable choice.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #3,464 of 3,539
Both work well as a bassy general purpose. Just your preference. I am keeping both.

If you like vocals. Aur IEMs is the way to go. The Aehta is very good in this aspect. A rich mids that bites hard. I briefly heard the Aurora and Alita. Both are also great IEMs for vocals. I won't go into details since my listening time was very short. There are some very well written reviews already up. It'll be interesting to hear what the others think. I don't have anything that best the Aur IEMs when it comes to rich, organic vocals and bass lines.

The switches on the Aehta work well. I prefer either all the switches up, or the mids and highs up and lows off. It's basically a warm and dark IEM. The focus is on the bass, both sub and mid, and the mids range. The treble is present, but don't expect extensions and airiness. It's more technical and you can hear more details on the Aehta, especially in the mids, compared to the Titan.

The Titan is neutral leaning and will sound brighter, the mid range leaner. The result is a larger stage despite the big bass shelf. The Symphonium house sound is highly technical, lean, airy, leaning brighter. Though they seem to be experimenting and it's slowly moving away from the Helios.

Another consideration for some people will be that Aur IEMs are easy to drive and Symphonium ones require about double the power. It's the same with the Aehta vs Titan. So, if you have a simple and limited chain. The Aur will be a suitable choice.

Thank you for the detailed comparison!

I don't like the base sticking out front
Is it possible to solve this problem with the switch?

Also, What's the difference between all switch up and all switch down?

Additionally I have used Crimson, is it possible to compare Crimson and Aehta?
Crimson had good resolution, separation and space, but the vocals felt a little far to me.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #3,465 of 3,539
The bass is going to be there. Switch off definitely helps. I am also allergic to too much bass. But this is good bass, quality bass. Not the bloomy ones that bleed everywhere. This one stays where it should.

Crimson is as you described. Its reference leaning a hint of warmth, a lot of emphasis on the air and treble. Very technical. The mid bass scoop gives it a very unusual sound that has good separation and space, but the mids sometimes sound distant. Even the Titan doesn't sound like the Crimson.

Switch all up sounds more energetic and everything is forward. Switch all down, sounds flat and mids a bit recessed. I don't have it right now. This was what I was thinking when I tested the switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back