Zune Line Out Dock (LOD)
Jul 17, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #46 of 61
Maybe in the future.I suggested the ebay seller buy both a Zune 80/120 and an HD and make LODs, since it would pay for itself fairly fast. Just as an FYI, the ZuneHD does improve from its already very good sound using HP out with my iBasso T3. But I would love to hear via an LOD.

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #47 of 61
That's so bad ...

I'm curious so I decided to disassemble my Zune 30 dock, which is working on a 80gigs.

It looks like a bit too complicated to replicate in a lod ... crap ...
I'm curious to see what's in the lod from eBay !

Look where the Dock connector comes from ... :D *Hello from seattle*

Jul 19, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #48 of 61
yeah the zune dock you have there appears to be a digital dock, the oval shaped silver thing is a clock/crystal. no way are you gonna replicate that in an LOD, for starters you would need a power source

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #49 of 61
I dont understand why the zune itself couldn't power something like that.

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #50 of 61

Got excited when i saw the new LOD on ebay on anythingbutipod... looks to be a dead end.

The Line out options i have found for zune 120 are modded zune travel remote (unpowered device) and the soungate core designed for a car aux in, but works just as well with a ac adapter and a home stereo/headphone amp.   Soundgate stuff is discontinued and under $20 now (search SoundGate ZNCBLPAK).

I don't have a portable amp as I was waiting to find a portable line out for my zune first.  I hacked up a travel remote and put it an altoids tin with the line out signal comming out as RCA.  Worked with my home headphone amp.   Would like to get something smaller than an altiods tin before i make a mini 3.  I have been thinking of just making a mini 3 in a larger enclosure and stick the travel remote inside :wink:

I know there are some other people tinkering with the travel remote.   My ongoing thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/485000/zune-line-out

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #53 of 61

Quote:
Why no one makes an LOD cable for the 80/120 gig Zunes is beond me,even dumber is Zune no longer offers high capacity players.

... Or low capacity players!  I have always loved the zune 4gb.  They no longer support the 4 or 8gb models :shrug:

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #54 of 61

Quote:
Why no one makes an LOD cable for the 80/120 gig Zunes is beond me,even dumber is Zune no longer offers high capacity players.

It is beyond you because you don't understand what is required to make a Zune LOD.  It isn't simply picking up line out signal feeds designated by their proprietary pinout.  Nor is it just a matter of implementing resistors a la the iTouch.  In order to get a line out signal from the more recent Zunes, you actually need power.  I went through this awhile ago and was not willing to put in the time to come up with a battery operated LOD.  Was just not worth it.

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #55 of 61

Quote:
It is beyond you because you don't understand what is required to make a Zune LOD.  It isn't simply picking up line out signal feeds designated by their proprietary pinout.  Nor is it just a matter of implementing resistors a la the iTouch.  In order to get a line out signal from the more recent Zunes, you actually need power.  I went through this awhile ago and was not willing to put in the time to come up with a battery operated LOD.  Was just not worth it.

Zune travel remote does it by getting power from the zune itself.

Aug 17, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #59 of 61
it doesn't works.

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #60 of 61
Pretty big grave dig but I never found any confirmation on this LOD working on the zune 30? I just got mine in the mail and I too am getting silence (on a classic Zune 30 like in the picture). I've tried doing various patterns of plugging in/turning off the Zune and my E7 but nothing has worked yet. I contacted the seller and we'll see how it goes from here. Here's where I bought mine from;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180711505809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

EDIT for those looking for the answer to this question*****

This line out *does* work. After browsing around on similar ebay pages I found that you can activate the LOD by holding down the play pause button. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back