ZO2 Impression Thread
Jan 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #1,098 of 1,126
The answer is yes, but kinda confusing on how to do it.  So once I turn it on, I'm in the High gain setting - which means volume is controlled from the source?  If I press the multi-function switch again, I'm in low gain which means I can control the volume toggling the switch up and down?  Then if I press the button again, I'm back in high-gain mode and volume is controlled from the source once again?

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #1,099 of 1,126

Quote:
The answer is yes, but kinda confusing on how to do it.  So once I turn it on, I'm in the High gain setting - which means volume is controlled from the source?  If I press the multi-function switch again, I'm in low gain which means I can control the volume toggling the switch up and down?  Then if I press the button again, I'm back in high-gain mode and volume is controlled from the source once again?

OK here we go:

The "Recommended" use in case you're plugging straight into the headphone jack is high gain and control the volume from the source. However nothing stops you from using low gain, in fact I actually preferred using low gain at the max volume level setting because I thought it sounded a little better this way for some reason but in low gain you'll also have to raise the volume on the source conciderably so depending on what headphone or IEM or whatever you use it may not work well but yea any IEM or headphone with an impedance below 100 ohms or so should be possible to use with low gain as well. The low gain is primarily intended for Line-out (LOD) use where you WILL NEED to use the volume control on ZO2 to control the volume as you won't be able to adjust volume on the the source then and it would also be too loud in high gain as well.

You switch between low and high gain by first making sure you're in the volume control mode with the pink/purple/blue color depending on level/mode (press once rapidly on the push-wheel switch to switch between volume control and contour level / bass adjustment). If it glows pink it's the high gain and blue is low gain and it also changes to color "purple" at the max volume level in low gain. To go from low gain to high gain you hold down the vol+ wheel for like 4-5 secs while at the max level (purple light) in low gain until it turns pink. Just be sure to remember to always adjust the source volume if going from low to high gain though as the output volume will raise conciderably.

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #1,100 of 1,126
Thank you very much for the easy-to-understand detailed instructions Wizard  I understand how to use it much better now, and planning on spending quite a few hours with it later today.  Much much much appreciated
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #1,104 of 1,126
Well it catches people off guard. Nobody expects a girl like that to be seen in a thread like this.  I haven't had any problems wiht my ZO, rather the LOD that does seem to be a bit too small for a 3.5mm jack. *
blink.gif
continues looking at the avatar
blink.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #1,105 of 1,126
I just ordered the ZO2 for my Pro 900. I hope there isn't going to be problems with my ZO2.
Let's see how much bass it adds over my E5.
I'm also hoping to buy the Pro700MK2 w/M50 pads this week. I'm interested to see how these sound with the bass @ max
basshead.gif

Approximately how long will it take to receive these since they're no longer on backorder?

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #1,107 of 1,126
*EDIT*

Question moved to the new thread lol.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #1,108 of 1,126
well I can't comment on the ZOv2.3, but I have the ZOv1 and my GS Voyager! and I run them together! I use use the Voyager without turning on the contour switch, and use the ZO to add the bass, I find it synergizes with my EX600s alot better, as they are prone to harsh and sibilant treble, and the Voyagers contour switch adds to that issue, but the VO ZO combo does the entire opposite! and smooths out the EX600s! and every ssooo often I will turn the Voyagers contour switch on along with using the ZO! HI HO ZO away! THUMPITY THUMP THUMP THIUMP! lol,

I have run the ZO by itself out of my iPod Classics 7th gen HO, and eh, its nice, and I like my Voyager, but when I put them together, its a Reeses PBC! I LOVE the combo, the only other thing I would like to try would be the ZOv2.3 out of my iPods LO by itself with using the LOs cleaner signal, and seeing if it has a bigger improvement over the ZOv1s only ability to run directly out of a HO? but in the mean time ba dat da da da! I'm LOVIN it!  
L3000.gif

Quote:
Anyone used both the GS Voyager and the ZO2 able to give me a quick comparison between the 2? Deciding between the both of them considering both have the bass boost option.

Thanks!

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #1,109 of 1,126
I had a similar feeling when I used my Zo 1 w/cmoybb 2.03 lol =D

But now I just use Zune/Zo 2.3/ Old Skool >=P

900x600px-LL-787334e2_SN200039.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back