ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 16, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #271 of 1,126
Hi guys, I was sucked into thi ZO2 thingy that i pulled the triggered. Its only after that i realised the hiss and pop sound. to my pleasent surprise i got this in the mail today:

"Our engineers made a decision to put a temporary hold on production 
and shipping of ZO. After the release of our product's first 
production run, some of our customers alerted us to an issue related 
to some of their set-ups. This issue has been identified and resolved. 
Our next production run is scheduled for later this week, and we 
should resume shipping by this weekend."

I hope they rectify the hissing and pop sound.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #272 of 1,126

Quote:
Hi guys, I was sucked into thi ZO2 thingy that i pulled the triggered. Its only after that i realised the hiss and pop sound. to my pleasent surprise i got this in the mail today:

"Our engineers made a decision to put a temporary hold on production 
and shipping of ZO. After the release of our product's first 
production run, some of our customers alerted us to an issue related 
to some of their set-ups. This issue has been identified and resolved. 
Our next production run is scheduled for later this week, and we 
should resume shipping by this weekend."

I hope they rectify the hissing and pop sound.

Looks like Digizoid is trying to move fast to rectify the problems reported on the thread. Not trying to defend the company but has anyone stopped to think that maybe it wasn't Digizoids fault and they were blindsided by faulty manufacturing from whoever they contracted to build the ZO2.

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #273 of 1,126
Quote:
One thing that is becoming very annoying is the thud or pop sound when you turn on the ZO2

Quote:

What Mine does the thud+pop only when I turn it off. Wierd.

Quote:
I only get the slightest pop at turn off, even at highest volume. For me the pop from the ZO1 is resolved.

I tested it only with CK10 and PFE last night, did not have much time for listening. I get a fairly annoying pop while inserting the IEM and also when turning off the ZO2. Hiss was not that much of an issue when music was playing, but clearly audible when idle / during silent passages (Vol: high in ZO, low in Clip+ / iPod Video headphone out, still in the Greenish processing range).

Can the "Pop" damage the IEMs?

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #274 of 1,126
Re; faulty manufacturing....

I would expect DZ to have been able to sample randomly a couple of devices from the first run of ZO2, prior to accepting delivery.

I received one of those emails about finding the cause of the issues (hiss, and loud LOD).  Though, without any plan for setting an expectation for when they will rectify it, I consider that email to be extremely frustrating.

This company is such a mess, to date.  Not only that, but I can blame only  myself for falling victim to the flavor-of-the-month crowd here at head-fi.org.  Though the Fiio E10 have been everything everyone said it is, so this "place" still has some credibility.

Maybe I should just enjoy my relatively unknown iBasso Warbler P4 and "call it a day", as I have not found anything portable that is better.  And no, I don't want to carry around a large headphone to enjoy a balanced amp.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #275 of 1,126
"this place still has credibility".

Some of you are amazing. Many of the premier sponsors of this site have had similar issues when introducing new products. These are often very small boutique companies. For the love of God, mistakes happen. This isn't Apple or Microsoft; and they royally screw stuff up too. Give them a chance to correct it before you're tempted declare all if head-fi as no longer a credible place. It took a year and a half of customer service flubs before the pitch forks came out for JH Audio on their amp release. At least they are communicating here. It does take a minute or two to figure out how best to rectify the situation. But by all means flame on.

Nov 16, 2011 at 8:40 AM Post #276 of 1,126
^ +1
So many people are getting quite worked up about this. It was a risk we all took when pre-ordering without any prior reviews/impressions of the product. 
What's done is done so let Digizoid figure it out and make a return if you're dissatisfied. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #278 of 1,126
Let's not forget digiZoid is a VERY NEW company so they don't have a lot of resources to begin with and I really hope this won't take a big financial hit. Do we even know how many employees they have, it could even be a family business of a couple of people for example...

I think they are doing a great job so far, mistakes happen or else they wouldn't be human. It's always risky to be the first adopters, which is true not only for people in this hobby but pretty much anything. My other hobby is computer hardware / overclocking and even Intel and AMD have had design flaws which has slipped through even the very advanced product test evaluation and was discovered after the launch, so it happens even to the biggest companies. Either you accept this risk or you wait a while for reviews / hands-on experiences of different users before making up your mind, simple as that.

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #279 of 1,126
Well AMD slipped a big flaw called Bulldozer last moth...... : P
AMD, Intel, Apple, Intel, Nokia, Toyota, Samsung, LG, Toshiba, HP, Dell (should I continue?) have made that mistake of letting a faulty product slipped past their control. And they are multi billion dollar companies.
I'm just gonna say 1 thing:
Haters gonna hate

Nov 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #280 of 1,126
Gotta agree:

Company blindsided by production problem + fast attempt to rectify situation = HeadFi isn't credible anymore.

Makes perfect sense.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #281 of 1,126
I just want to know whether we could get our ZO's problem fixed.

BTW, it has arrived together with the D2000. Enjoyig - not from the line out. Comparing between LO+Attenuator and HO, the second wins by far.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #282 of 1,126

Quote:

Maybe I should just enjoy my relatively unknown iBasso Warbler P4 and "call it a day", as I have not found anything portable that is better.  And no, I don't want to carry around a large headphone to enjoy a balanced amp.

P4 is a great amp, but you don't have to carry 'large headphones' to use a balanced amp - my RE262s (and the new flagship RE272) will plug straight into the amp module for the HM-801 and that would give me a balanced IEM that weighs a few ounces .... whether its good VFM is a much tougher question. My main objection to the CLAS stack is the overall bulk of the thing, and the cost is a close second, but I doubt that most of CLAS owners even take their rigs out of their homes/offices - happy to hear otherwise - and that would go double for a balanced 'portable' rig. For truly portable use, I dont want to use ANY amp - ymmv. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #283 of 1,126

Quote:
 Either you accept this risk or you wait a while for reviews / hands-on experiences of different users before making up your mind, simple as that.

I agree with that in principle, but there was more than enough 'OMG ! This is the best thing eva !' hype after V1, and I didnt see a lot of complaints about that version. I still havent received mine, and I'm less than impressed with UPS - until I hear it from my cans, I cant comment on the hiss/output impedance. I might add that you were one of the first to register negative feedback in this thread - anyone reading your early 'hands on experiences'  would have been hesitant to order a ZO. 

Nov 16, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #285 of 1,126
the pop and hiss seem 2 have evened out enough. even when using the hippo vb's. maybe im just not as bothered by them as that first night. i keep adjusting and re-adjusting the settings. just for fun. im getting well over 20 hours per charge.  i can charge the clip+ while using so no problem there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back