ZO2 Impression Thread
Nov 12, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #256 of 1,126
I'm looking for both, mainly thump. As long as I get a controlled earthquake that doesn't cover mids and highs and adds some level of warmnes in over all SQ but not by too much I'm happy.
Quote:
You looking for thump or warm and fuzzy? 

Ever tried a ZO + IE-8's with the bass knob turned all the way up and no EQ?  = "Sonic Ear Muffs"...
etysmile.gif

What I'll say after they fix that hissing: Ever tried XB1000 + ZO with the bass knob turned all the way up and EQ tweaked to max out below 1kHz frequencies?
That should equal to sonic earmuffs that give you a concussion

Nov 13, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #257 of 1,126

Is there any of you that have the ZO2 and PFE112? If yes, what can you say about the sinergy between them? Any hiss? I have a ZO2 coming home from 1st batch and I'm a little worried with the hiss issue.

The thing is, I'm in Brazil and it was deadly expensive to bring it to here. Paying for another shipping will bring it to twice it's price, and I will be very sad if I need to do that...

Fingers crossed...

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #258 of 1,126
@louisnomad :

I am on the same boat. Waiting for zo2. I have Cowon S9 + Phonak Audeo PF112. Postage from Slovakia back to US will be more than half of zo2 price. And do not want to think on all that custom office problems...
So I will be happy if any could write impressions regarding to zo2 + PF112.

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #260 of 1,126

my heart is starting to bleed right now... 

@prsut 

i have the J3, so it is almost the same set! Let's keep each one tunned to this "faint hiss"... I'm pretty sure it will happen only with music off (my heart really needs to believe).

@dfkt

Am I right about the hissing being noticable only with music turned off? Can you make a quick comparision between both ZO and ZO2 paired with PFE 112? It will help me and prust to keep calm or freak out! xD

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #262 of 1,126

Quote:
Yes, the hiss is very faint, inaudible when music is playing. There's not really much to say, compared to the ZO1 - ZO1 doesn't hiss with the PFE, ZO2 does hiss a very tiny bit. I'm sure this will be taken care of by Digizoid.

The main problem here is: i already paid 130 bucks for it. I have no clue if it will be charged on customs, but if yes, then it will be around 80 bucks... to send it back to DigiZoid will be another 30 bucks... you can do de math! xD 240 bucks for this little thing... that's why I'm bleeding... I hope the hiss doesn't bother me a lot... i really hope...

Nov 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #263 of 1,126
One thing that is becoming very annoying is the thud or pop sound when you turn on the ZO2, it would not be so bad if the volume did not have to be close to max to get the best from it or when you which it off, it will stay at whatever volume you have it set at.  This popping sound can't be good for my headphones and surely not for my ears.

I mean yes, I am sure DZ will do a good job of making sure people will hopefully be happy in the long term, but let's be honest these problems or most of them could of been all avoided. How do you try improve a product and make it worse.  Since this their 2nd time around for the ZO, they know it inside out, thing is, all these "issues" are very obvious and as said above for the most part could of been avoided.

Sure it's $100 product, totally understand... But I do not have these problems with the Fii0 E11 or even the E5.

Yes, sure sound's like I am frustrated but I know I am not alone.......

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #270 of 1,126
i thought the pop in mine was gonna make it unusable. well...along with the hiss using my hippo vb and rockbox'd clip+.  sounded darn good,but u know....
no hiss or pop with my tma-1's. havent tried the vb's in about a week. i cant imagine enjoying music the same without the zo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back