ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Oct 30, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #961 of 1,522
^^thats the guy that convinced me to try the ZMF vibro. Thanks Grizzly. It's an addictive sound indeed.

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #962 of 1,522
^^thats the guy that convinced me to try the ZMF vibro. Thanks Grizzly. It's an addictive sound indeed.

beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #963 of 1,522
Hi guys I'm looking at getting a pair of Blackwoods to go with my LCD-2F when I need a closed set and replace my mad dog pro. Anyone try them with the Gustard H10 and how do they compare to the MDs and LCD-2F?
Thanks

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #964 of 1,522

ZMF X VIBRO MK II

Introducing the "new" ZMF x Vibro MK II featuring:

1. Sapele Wood Cups
  2. T50rp MK III driver and baffle
  3. New rotating cup attachment for comfort

popcorn.gif

ZMF BRAZILIAN BLACKWOOD (LTD EDITION!) 

1. Brazilian Rosewood or Zebra Wood Cups

size]

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #966 of 1,522
I'll be getting the Mk2 Vibros some time this month. I'll put up impressions!

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #967 of 1,522
I wonder what the differences are sonically. They look nice as usual but I am curious. The vibro is one of my favorites. Though the blackwood to me is better in certain areas I would say the vibro was one of the most enjoyable headphones I have had for sure. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #969 of 1,522
An hour or two with the vibro and some good tubes tends to ease the upgraditus. I start thinking a used LCD x or omni.... I'm good ...for now.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #970 of 1,522
Visited Zach just a week or two ago. Tried out the new Vibro V's old one. Sound is very similar. The new one is a more technically proficient sound, though the difference was not drastic. Both wonderful headphones. The measurements for the new have a little more bumpiness (I guess due to some funny baffling Fostex put in the MKIII, but the new Vibro sounds cleaner and clearer to me whe listening. Old one is still nice and warm too.

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #971 of 1,522
Visited Zach just a week or two ago. Tried out the new Vibro V's old one. Sound is very similar. The new one is a more technically proficient sound, though the difference was not drastic. Both wonderful headphones. The measurements for the new have a little more bumpiness (I guess due to some funny baffling Fostex put in the MKIII, but the new Vibro sounds cleaner and clearer to me whe listening. Old one is still nice and warm too.

Can you explain?

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #972 of 1,522
^ I was referring to frequency response. I guess Zach said something along the lines of the measurements showing some wonkiness in the mids, but sounding Better upon listening. I agreed with him. You can see the FR graphs are slightly different on the website.

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #973 of 1,522
The Mk3 baffles have four 3mm ports into the cup that are covered by felt on the back. I'm sure Zach can tune them as he likes.

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/order-the-zmf/zmf-blackwood

New rotating cup attachment for comfort

Can't see how this works in the photos. Does it just put the freedom of movement that's in the stock T50RP into the ZMF?

There's a "Talk with ZMF" pop-up in the lower R-hand corner. Seems like a sure way to decrease productivity. Zach: you're a glutton for punishment!

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #974 of 1,522
  I wonder what the differences are sonically. They look nice as usual but I am curious. The vibro is one of my favorites. Though the blackwood to me is better in certain areas I would say the vibro was one of the most enjoyable headphones I have had for sure. 

The MK II Vibro's are a little more neutral and slightly less "thick" sounding in presentation with a larger soundstage.  As shown by the FR graphs on my site, the frequency response is very similar as my aim with the new Vibro was not to make it a different headphone, but just to utilize the MK III baffle as well as possible.

The Mk3 baffles have four 3mm ports into the cup that are covered by felt on the back. I'm sure Zach can tune them as he likes.
Can't see how this works in the photos. Does it just put the freedom of movement that's in the stock T50RP into the ZMF?

There's a "Talk with ZMF" pop-up in the lower R-hand corner. Seems like a sure way to decrease productivity. Zach: you're a glutton for punishment!

The cup/slider attachment we designed is different than what Fostex has, as Fostex's design has more forward and back movement towards and away from the cup, while ours has more side to side movement letting the cups move into place in a left/right fashion.  There is more movement in all directions VS the previous Vibro/Blackwood cup.

And yes, come chat with me via my site or here or wherever if you have questions.  I prefer a phone chat or text chat vs many emails as it saves me time in the long run!

-------

As an aside, the Blackwood is utilizing the MK II baffle still, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.  The only changes to the Blackwood models is the cup attachment and some of the limited edition woods.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back