ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Oct 7, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #167 of 1,522
cayin c5 is beast

Yessir, and it sounds fantastic, relatively neutral just with tightening up the lows, adding some snap, and not letting the details slip through too much added warmth or anything. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #169 of 1,522
  Yessir, and it sounds fantastic, relatively neutral just with tightening up the lows, adding some snap, and not letting the details slip through too much added warmth or anything. 

cayin c5 is beast

You guys are going to make me buy an amp that I don't need. 
gs1000.gif

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #172 of 1,522
Oct 8, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #173 of 1,522

You guys are going to make me buy an amp that I don't need. 
gs1000.gif

Agreed with grizzly, you.. with you fancy. purty headphones, that sound so engaging... No but I think they sound very good with both the HE560 and the ZMF X Vibros, it tightens up the lows a bit to give snap, nice clarity and neutrality for a sub 200 portable amp especially when it has power like this. I would definitely say for what it does, it is great. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #174 of 1,522
How does the geek out compare to the cayin? I'll probably be in the market for a portableish amp soon.

The Geekout 1000, which I own sounds fantastic with the ZMF X Vibros, and how a bit more power than the Cayin which i believe outputs 850mw and the GO being 1 watt.  But the GO1000 is also a grade A class amp, with a tasty DAC chip. You can use the Cayin with your ipod, phone/tablet, DAP, DAC, iPod. The GO1000 is more portable as in laptop use, I use mine with my desktop and bring it with me when I am going away for a bit.

Oct 8, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #175 of 1,522
If you just need a portable amp, I highly recommend the Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II with 209 or 4627s. Its DAC is so-so. But great amp.

Oct 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #176 of 1,522
The Geekout 1000, which I own sounds fantastic with the ZMF X Vibros, and how a bit more power than the Cayin which i believe outputs 850mw and the GO being 1 watt.  But the GO1000 is also a grade A class amp, with a tasty DAC chip. You can use the Cayin with your ipod, phone/tablet, DAP, DAC, iPod. The GO1000 is more portable as in laptop use, I use mine with my desktop and bring it with me when I am going away for a bit.

The only portability I need is at my desk at work. I could just plug the GO into my laptop, but I would have to use the c5 with my concero which is only slightly less cumbersome than just bringing my Ember to work.

Is the c5's amp better than the geek's? For example does using the GO as a dac into the c5 sound better than just using the GO as an all in one?

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #177 of 1,522
I have the C5, and it's pretty darn good. Haven't heard the GO but heard a lot of good things about it. I power my ZMF V2s with the C5, and it provides plenty of power to open them cans up. It's definitely better than the ALO MK2 and the Headstage Arrow that I have previously owned.

On another note, I've decided to take the plunge into the ZMFxVibros once I get the funds necessary. After I sell my ZMF V2s, I'll be ordering them ASAP! 

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #178 of 1,522
I could try this headset. And it's the best closed headphone I've tried so far. The breakdown of the rubber stoppers is incredible. Although I like the sound I liked most is removing just 1 rubber plug in each cup.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #179 of 1,522
  I could try this headset. And it's the best closed headphone I've tried so far. The breakdown of the rubber stoppers is incredible. Although I like the sound I liked most is removing just 1 rubber plug in each cup.

Yep. agreed 100% that is how I listen to mine 1 out on each cup, and it sounds fantastically musical, I am gettin a balance cable with some extensions from Zach this next week. Also will be putting out my review this weekend if work permits it. Then will do some updates if I feel the new cable with balanced end and the balanced amp makes a difference in sound quality to me. I will hopefully get that out by the weekend after the comparisons that is. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #180 of 1,522
How does the geek out compare to the cayin? I'll probably be in the market for a portableish amp soon.

The Go1000 is the better amp honestly, it has more power, not by too much but I think it is a fantastic class a amp at that size and price. I love it, and i mean love it with the ZMF X Vibro. More than the PanAm, Cayin C5, JDS Labs C5, more than the Meier 2Move(love that amp), it is really a good sounding amp, very detailed and energetic, this being balanced with the ZMF X Vibros own lush mids, musicality makes for a fantastic pairing. I think ZxV owners would appreciate the pairing. But if you need a more portable solution with DAPs, Phones, laptops then the Cayin C5 is great. Sorry for the delayed post manbear, been rough week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back