ZMF Verite Open
Oct 10, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #6,901 of 9,521
Some other amps were alo studio six, wells milo kozmo, and formula s. Milo produce hiss (as background noise) on Verite, so that's bad synergy for me even though actually they sound engaging, warm, fast pace, and retain full body sound.

Formula s is kind of neutral, fast decay, clarity, and nice imaging structure. Alo studio six is really nice actually, netral-warmish kind of sound with big soundstage, and sweet vocal, but never too syrupy.

Oblivion, on top of them, produce the biggest soundstage, most structured imaging, not just being full, but being solid and dense for each notes. Neutral-warm kind of like Studio Six, but decay is faster on Oblivion. Both tube amps are pleasing smooth sounding while still giving sparkle and airy feeling on top. Oblivion offer more kick and impact on bottom.

Other amps tested were singxer sa-1, topping A90 and topping a30pro. Singxer is my top choice in this chifi comparison, and a30pro has the strongest value/performance ratio.
The wells audio dragon is dead quiet. I actually like the pairing between the dragon more than my milo, wa22 and v281

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #6,902 of 9,521
The wells audio dragon is dead quiet. I actually like the pairing between the dragon more than my milo, wa22 and v281

That's what I heard from Jeff as well. I felt so tempted about Dragon actually but no chance to demo them here, as Wells currently only sell direct. Having this hobby in SEA area (easy access to find store with demo unit) made me would never put any decision before tried myself.

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #6,904 of 9,521
Having this hobby in SEA area (easy access to find store with demo unit) made me would never put any decision before tried myself.
Lucky You:) Most of my acquisitions (including VO) were blind ones based only on reviews.

To that end, Could anyone share experience on pairing Woo wa2 with Verite (open preferably)? In particular it would be extremly interesting to know if the soundstage was wide (deep) and if the amp was silent? I really like my wa3 and wonder on wa2 if opportunity arises.

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #6,907 of 9,521
Just want to deliver a photo:

2021_1012_13053600.jpg

Oct 21, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #6,910 of 9,521
Oct 21, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #6,911 of 9,521
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #6,914 of 9,521
That grille is a one-off. ZMF decided it didn't work out as they had intended and just made the one VO with it.
That's right. I actually remember talking with Zach about this a long time ago. At one point there were pics up of it, but he didn't like how they came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back