ZMF Verite Open
Aug 15, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #5,011 of 9,521
Sorry, I specifically mean the headband strap.
I thought that is what you were referring to, just wanted to make sure. I have the suede inner strap and needed it for two reasons;
1) The leather only strap was slippery on my head, I blame my greasy hair. Suede grips it better and it feels more secure.
2) I needed the small amount of cushion found in the Suede strap to also get a better fit, without it i was on the shortest setting on the rods. Now I have a lot more adjustment available to fine tune the fit.

Hope that helps in your decision process.

Aug 15, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #5,012 of 9,521
It may be hard to tell - but the verite drivers actually are angled towards the ear.

The drivers may be, but don't think the driver housing/inner plate (sorry not sure the correct term) is angled (i could be wrong again :astonished:). But you knew what I meant. It's not like the drivers itself are touching my ears.
Anyways, I was just nit picking. :L3000::beyersmile: I love the sound, so if it's gonna alter the sound in any ways, I'm ok the way it is.

Aug 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #5,013 of 9,521
For those of you out there that have the suede headband and have experienced the normal leather headband, how would you compare them?
The suede is more comfortable for me.

Aug 15, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #5,014 of 9,521
Aug 15, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #5,016 of 9,521
Is it thicker than the standard leather?
Yes, quite a bit. The leather strap is just a piece of leather. The suede strap is padded and is almost as thick as the headband pad. It is several times thicker than the leather. The headband pads above the strap are the same thickness in leather or suede. To me the suede also feels more luxurious.

Aug 21, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #5,020 of 9,521
Sorry guys - we don't update the sheets as much as I'd like - it's just easier for us, and more efficient to focus on production. We're trying to find a faster way to automate it, and I promise we're working hard on all the headphones! :L3000:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 24, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #5,022 of 9,521
Finally my 8 braid Effect Audio Ares 2+ arrived.

Initial impression (compare to stock cable), this cable "transform" the overall sound into more dense through all spectrum. Everything (especially vocal) seems meatier, solid, and cleaner at the same time with slight hint of sweetness (could be OCC effect?).

Not boost thicker character, but it's just... dense, with additional focus on vocal and each notes of instrument.

Other benefit is this cable "smoothen" any small/micro peaks in midrange and treble, create more fluid and effortless experience in these 2 areas.

Before, I always think Diana V2 is a (slight) better headphone for low volume listening (due to solid and clean sound), but now that's not the case anymore.

Midnight now, will try to post photo tomorrow.
Wonderful sharing! I am going to receive the 2K copper cable this Wednesday and will share my feelings about the sound performance of this cable with Verite.

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #5,023 of 9,521
Looks like the Verite Open Camphore Burl is no longer on ZMFs website. I wonder if that is it for that LTD wood on the open. It is still available on the closed.

Aug 25, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #5,024 of 9,521
random question but is it generally viewed that DAPs like the fiio m11 lack the horsepower to run the Verite, auteur, etc? I generally only use mine with a proper balanced rig, I tried using my verite with this dap out of curiosity and found I had to nearly max out the volume. Everything sounds congested to me.

Aug 26, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #5,025 of 9,521
random question but is it generally viewed that DAPs like the fiio m11 lack the horsepower to run the Verite, auteur, etc? I generally only use mine with a proper balanced rig, I tried using my verite with this dap out of curiosity and found I had to nearly max out the volume. Everything sounds congested to me.
I think so. Verite has 300 Ohm impedance and 97 dB/mW sensitivity which is not easy to drive. It is better to use an amplifier. I heard from some reviews saying that Verite would have a better sound performance on tube amplifiers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back