ZMF Verite Open
Jun 24, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #4,681 of 9,521
The brushed contrasts nicely with the PH. You need the ZMF wood stand!
Good call on the salire stand. First world problems, 5 headphones but only 4 HP stands.

Jun 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #4,682 of 9,521
I remember that Verite in the picture. Didn't you sell your Verite on Reddit a while ago? Did the sale not go through?

Nah I don't have it anymore. Even though it was my favorite headphone to date and I can't recommend it enough, I still much prefer speakers. Ended up putting that sale money back into a new pair of speakers.

Jun 25, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #4,683 of 9,521
I found this review

He likes Be2 suede pads.

I want to try Be2 pads but I can't decide between Hybrid and Suede.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #4,684 of 9,521
Living in Hawaii and having actually grown Koa and other native trees here, I'm looking forward to a ZMF in them too. Ever get to Big Island?
Yeah! love the Big Island! we were there last year =) Hawaii is where the wife and I want to move if our jobs allowed for it lol... Love it there! We've been to almost all the islands except for the ones that require boat only or local airline hops to get to. I think we are going back to Maui this fall if travel is permitted with all that is going on... we go every year for our daughters B-day, and sometimes a couple times when we need to get away from the Seattle clouds lol.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #4,685 of 9,521
I found this review

He likes Be2 suede pads.

I could see how some people would like the BE2 suede pads. For me though, they change way too much of the Verite's innate "sound". More to come in my in depth pad comparison...

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #4,686 of 9,521
I could see how some people would like the BE2 suede pads. For me though, they change way too much of the Verite's innate "sound". More to come in my in depth pad comparison...

Yeah, I can understand the preference for sure. When I first spent time with the Universe pads I felt that they were too dark and switched to the Verité pads. After awhile I realized that the Universe is my preference. The "3D" effect might be my favorite aspect of the headphones and the Universe pads accentuate that. Plus, the larger size makes them a bit more comfortable. I go back and forth occasionally on Universe suede vs. lambskin, and I might try out a BE-2 version at some point just for something different.

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #4,687 of 9,521
I found this review

He likes Be2 suede pads.

I want to try Be2 pads but I can't decide between Hybrid and Suede.

Interesting that this reviewer called the VO "amp picky." I have to quibble with that: I tried the VO on multiple amps, mostly SS w/one tube OTL (all different power ratings/cost/quality). I couldn't get it to sound bad or just "average" with any amp. Everything I liked & found distinctive about it was present no matter what amp I tried.

However...it does scale with bigger/badder amps. The V281 is my top amp, which sounded wonderful w/the VO; I also heard it was some big/bad SS & tube amps at shows. And like any high impedance HP, the VO sounds very good on an OTL.

So IMO a more accurate term for the VO would be "amp opportunistic."

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #4,688 of 9,521
Interesting that this reviewer called the VO "amp picky." I have to quibble with that: I tried the VO on multiple amps, mostly SS w/one tube OTL (all different power ratings/cost/quality). I couldn't get it to sound bad or just "average" with any amp. Everything I liked & found distinctive about it was present no matter what amp I tried.

However...it does scale with bigger/badder amps. The V281 is my top amp, which sounded wonderful w/the VO; I also heard it was some big/bad SS & tube amps at shows. And like any high impedance HP, the VO sounds very good on an OTL.

Agreed... I've listened to mine with a Bottlehead Crack/speedball, the ZMF Pendant and the GSX-Mini. It's easily able to show the differences between amps, but it never sounded less than great.

Jun 25, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #4,689 of 9,521

Yeah, I have had the same experience... I think the VO and VC both scales well with amps and I've yet to have either sound bad off any of the amps I've tried with them...Heck, I even run them off my Cayin N6ii DAP and my Schiit Hel on occasion and they sound just fine.... maybe not as "full" as some of my higher powered amps but, not bad by any means... but, we all have our opinions and biases :wink:

Jun 25, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #4,692 of 9,521
I prefer the Pendant most of the time. Just a great sounding, dynamic tube amp that avoids the "tubey" overly warm sound.
I'm just in the odd here, when I think of a tube amp, I kinda want a "tube" sound, or else I'd just stick to a SS and call it. it has that tube dynamics with a clean, clear sound ? does the ZMF pendant do anything to the vocals, or mid range ? I'm just interested in a tube amp that'll add a more Romantic, viseral mid range to my headphones. I was looking at that Cayin HA-6A tube amp seems very interesting and it looks like it'll drive dynamic and Planar seems like jack of all trades very nice looking Tube amp.

Jun 27, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #4,693 of 9,521
I'm just in the odd here, when I think of a tube amp, I kinda want a "tube" sound, or else I'd just stick to a SS and call it. it has that tube dynamics with a clean, clear sound ? does the ZMF pendant do anything to the vocals, or mid range ? I'm just interested in a tube amp that'll add a more Romantic, viseral mid range to my headphones. I was looking at that Cayin HA-6A tube amp seems very interesting and it looks like it'll drive dynamic and Planar seems like jack of all trades very nice looking Tube amp.

Will you be keeping your Elise? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back