ZMF Verite Open
Jun 22, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #4,606 of 9,521
We can't 'show' the glorious sound of the VO, but THIS is one reason why we patiently wait for Zach to do his thing!

IMG_3926.jpg

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #4,607 of 9,521
I hope this is ok to post this here... but I had a great live chat with Zach and Bevin the patron saints of ZMF :wink: over the weekend! I learned a lesson regarding volume matching so sorry if I am louder than they are during the video =( But, it is some great info and a nice view into Zach and Bevins world :wink: @zach915m and @BooUrns Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to sit and chat with me and answer questions from the community =) Looking forward to the next one!!!

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #4,608 of 9,521
I hope this is ok to post this here... but I had a great live chat with Zach and Bevin the patron saints of ZMF :wink: over the weekend! I learned a lesson regarding volume matching so sorry if I am louder than they are during the video =( But, it is some great info and a nice view into Zach and Bevins world :wink: @zach915m and @BooUrns Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedules to sit and chat with me and answer questions from the community =) Looking forward to the next one!!!

Thanks for that... I watched it Saturday night and it was very interesting.

Am just ready to order the Camphor Burl VO, but when Zack mention Koa, I have to keep telling myself I REALLY, REALLY don't need 2 pairs right now! :)

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #4,610 of 9,521
Thanks for that... I watched it Saturday night and it was very interesting.

Am just ready to order the Camphor Burl VO, but when Zack mention Koa, I have to keep telling myself I REALLY, REALLY don't need 2 pairs right now! :)
I know these feels... I'm already picking up another pair of Verite Closed no matter what lol... I just love the look and sound of them! Hopefully the Koa wood goes on some of his other headphones as I need to start picking up the others in the ZMF line-up :wink: and I would love a Koa wood ZMF at some point! We go to Hawaii at least once if not more times every year!

Jun 22, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #4,612 of 9,521

Thank you for doing this!
Loved every minute of it :)

Jun 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #4,613 of 9,521
I know these feels... I'm already picking up another pair of Verite Closed no matter what lol... I just love the look and sound of them! Hopefully the Koa wood goes on some of his other headphones as I need to start picking up the others in the ZMF line-up :wink: and I would love a Koa wood ZMF at some point! We go to Hawaii at least once if not more times every year!
Living in Hawaii and having actually grown Koa and other native trees here, I'm looking forward to a ZMF in them too. Ever get to Big Island?

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #4,614 of 9,521
Love Hawaii... Spent 3 months there living on a ship helping with a non profit startup before I started my current gig...

Picked up this custom piece of koa when I was there )

Attachments

• 20200620_140338.jpg
    20200620_140338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 22, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #4,615 of 9,521
I'm holding out for the next LTD hoping its Koa Verite. I think itll match nicely with my Leapardwood VC.

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #4,616 of 9,521
So ordered! Now several days to read everything through to the Vérité! I hope will be satisfied with it. Unfortunately there is no trial listening in Switzerland. There is not one dealer who carries ZMF in his assortment.

But all tests are absolutely excellent. I am now very much looking forward to this noble piece.

Hope also very much, dear Zach does not take a holiday, does not get sick and works day and night to meet the demand quickly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS: It was once planned to have a nice holiday in the USA this year. Because of Corona, unfortunately, nothing will come of it. Then we will order a nice US product from our overseas friends! :relaxed:

I ordered Brass with Black Chassis and hybrid Pads! Hope it's OK! Wasn't quite sure about that. But if need be you could still change until production!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-23 um 14.18.57.png

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #4,617 of 9,521
So ordered! Now several days to read everything through to the Vérité! I hope will be satisfied with it. Unfortunately there is no trial listening in Switzerland. There is not one dealer who carries ZMF in his assortment.

But all tests are absolutely excellent. I am now very much looking forward to this noble piece.

Hope also very much, dear Zach does not take a holiday, does not get sick and works day and night to meet the demand quickly! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS: It was once planned to have a nice holiday in the USA this year. Because of Corona, unfortunately, nothing will come of it. Then we will order a nice US product from our overseas friends! :relaxed:

I ordered Brass with Black Chassis and hybrid Pads! Hope it's OK! Wasn't quite sure about that. But if need be you could still change until production!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-23 um 14.18.57.png

Congratulations! I hope you'll love it as much as I do :)

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #4,618 of 9,521
It was emphatically recommended by the guys at Woo Audio to have a headphone hooked up when powering up. That may pertain to Woo products only(?). That is why I have a $15 sacrificial tube-arcing pair of headphones. I also unhook phones before powering down(SS and Tube amp).
If your tube amp has output transformers, and there's no load on it (assuming there's no circuit to load it with headphones unplugged) - you risk damaging the tubes and the output transformer - especially true if your source is playing

Now that it's hot and sweaty, has anyone encountered corrosion on the magnesium parts? Sheer curiosity - I'm assuming if they do somehow get corroded, replacements can be procured?

Jun 23, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4,619 of 9,521
Heya all. Is there anyone there out there with both a Vérité closed and open? I’m curious - Which do you prefer and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back