ZMF Verite Open
Oct 7, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #125 of 9,515
Wait until diamond drivers become a thing in headphones....

Oct 7, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #130 of 9,515
Of course im not going to eat my drivers lmao but im worried about berylium just being near my brain and **** every day for hours? is it safe to just be around?

Beryllium is toxic, not radioactive, so just having it next to your head by a couple inches isn't going to do any harm. It's only really toxic in its unprocessed fine powdered state. In the metallic solid state it's used in headphone drivers there is no way for it to harm you unless you are sucking on the drivers or like grinding them up to snort. (if you do, that's quite an expensive hobby you have there. :) ) It really is a lot like asbestos, in that its more or less harmless if it is in a solid state and used properly, it's just the dust that is a risk.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #131 of 9,515
Beryllium is toxic, not radioactive, so just having it next to your head by a couple inches isn't going to do any harm. It's only really toxic in its unprocessed fine powdered state. In the metallic solid state it's used in headphone drivers there is no way for it to harm you unless you are sucking on the drivers or like grinding them up to snort. (if you do, that's quite an expensive hobby you have there. :) ) It really is a lot like asbestos, in that its more or less harmless if it is in a solid state and used properly, it's just the dust that is a risk.

Correct. There is no danger unless you eat or snort your drivers. I really thought we would all be way past this by now, lol.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #132 of 9,515
Does the verite have a bigger soundstage than the auteur? What about the ether 2? Also what kind of sound sig is the verite aiming for?

In my estimation, the Vérité has the largest soundstage of the three. It is neutralish, spacious and really punchy. The main difference you’ll notice is that the attack and decay of the notes is a bit faster than the Auteur, while the Auteur is more focused on giving the notes a more robust sense of body. The Auteur is more “organic” sounding, while the Vérité is more present and immediate. To me, they are so different in their flavor/presentation that they are more co-flagships - a little like Eikon and Atticus - one is more body-centric and one is more edge-centric if you’re looking at the presentation of the individual notes.

The main takeaway for me is that the Vérité is just super fast and effortless. The driver is able to cast this floating holographic stage in a way that reminds me of electrostatic headphones. Bass has a really incredible “thwack” when the notes hit - it kinda takes you by surprise with its power. It’s very clear and very resolving. Ultimately, it’s just extremely fast and well-damped.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #133 of 9,515
In my estimation, the Vérité has the largest soundstage of the three. It is neutralish, spacious and really punchy. The main difference you’ll notice is that the attack and decay of the notes is a bit faster than the Auteur, while the Auteur is more focused on giving the notes a more robust sense of body. The Auteur is more “organic” sounding, while the Vérité is more present and immediate. To me, they are so different in their flavor/presentation that they are more co-flagships - a little like Eikon and Atticus - one is more body-centric and one is more edge-centric if you’re looking at the presentation of the individual notes.

The main takeaway for me is that the Vérité is just super fast and effortless. The driver is able to cast this floating holographic stage in a way that reminds me of electrostatic headphones. Bass has a really incredible “thwack” when the notes hit - it kinda takes you by surprise with its power. It’s very clear and very resolving. Ultimately, it’s just extremely fast and well-damped.

How is it vs utopia ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back