ZMF Verite Open
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #6,916 of 9,521
If you look closely enough, the ZMF logo is actually inverted. I remember reading Zach’s comment that it’s an early prototype which did not meet the specs and he subsequently discontinued that idea of logo on the grilles.

Oct 21, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #6,917 of 9,521
Wonderful photo! Oddly the B&W works for me. Even thought the colors of the wood are alluring, this accents the grain in a different way...thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I was thinking the same! Originally shot in colour, but then I experimented with BW, and, wow the retro feel definitely strong here.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #6,918 of 9,521
Well this showed up at my door this morning... :D

IMG_20211026_143018_edit.jpg

Sounded good with the stock Universe perforated lambskin pads, but it was too intense for my liking. Now I've got the BE2 perforated hybrid pads on and wow... I'm in love.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #6,919 of 9,521

Sounded good with the stock Aeolus perforated lambskin pads, but it was too intense for my liking. Now I've got the BE2 perforated hybrid pads on and wow... I'm in love.
Beautiful pair of African blackwood Verites! :beyersmile:

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #6,920 of 9,521

Sounded good with the stock Aeolus perforated lambskin pads, but it was too intense for my liking. Now I've got the BE2 perforated hybrid pads on and wow... I'm in love.

Well… you win. Not sure any ZMF can top that. You’ve officially scored the best looking ZMF out there, congrats!

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #6,921 of 9,521

Love the classics! Beautiful headphone, beautiful harmony in the color choices in hardware. Congrats!

Oct 29, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #6,924 of 9,521
Finally got mine -Sapele wood. Looks and feels very good. Funny thing in different lighting conditions this wood seems to ''change colors'' sort of like a 3d effect.
Now just waiting for custom cables from Arctic cables to land. Happy days:gs1000smile:

Noticed that too with my Aeolus. Pictures never really do these woods justice, but that's especially true for Sapele of the ones I've had. The shimmering chatoyance is really something, and when viewed from across a room those details are lost. I was probably most impressed by the Sapele's improvement in person over the best pictures of the several models/woods I've had.

Oct 30, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #6,926 of 9,521
Hi Guys,

I just ordered my 1st pair or VO (be patient waiting.......). Currently I have Cayin HA-1A MK2 tube amp for my HD800S. Since it’s not OTL. I heard a lot good stuffs about OTL to high imp HPs.
Do you suggest me to buy another OTL amp? if so which one do you suggest (and perhaps share me your thoughts and tube rolling suggestions). My budget it around USD<=1500. BHC may be the last consideration as I lack of skill and time to build… LOL.

Cheers

Oct 30, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #6,927 of 9,521
Hi Guys,

I just ordered my 1st pair or VO (be patient waiting.......). Currently I have Cayin HA-1A MK2 tube amp for my HD800S. Since it’s not OTL. I heard a lot good stuffs about OTL to high imp HPs.
Do you suggest me to buy another OTL amp? if so which one do you suggest (and perhaps share me your thoughts and tube rolling suggestions). My budget it around USD<=1500. BHC may be the last consideration as I lack of skill and time to build… LOL.

Cheers
imo you should burn in and listen to your new VO with your existing gear first, then see what the shortcomings are then address them with new gears, maybe amp or dac or anything in between...... everyone of us has personal taste and listening to different genres so it's hard to recommend just with a price figure....

Oct 30, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #6,928 of 9,521
Hi Guys,

Cheers

Let me add:

There are no absolutes with the Verite and in audio in general. Though OTL amps get tons of praise in this thread, and rightfully so, they are by no means the only option to audio bliss. I successfully run a SET transformer coupled amp, the ALO Studio Six with tremendous results.

I truly believe that your current amp, the Cayin HA-1A MK2 should be an great match for the Verite.

The truth is, after attending two CanJams now I can tell you that I've heard the Verite on at least 12 different tube amps. Some OTL, some transformer coupled. I really believe that at the end of the day what matters more than OTL vs transformer coupled, is your other gear in the chain. Source, cables, clean power, and on. All of these individual parts add to the total sum.

To sum up my thoughts, I'd say that your Cayin amp is more than capable of allowing the Verite to strut it's stuff.

One last thing, congratulations on your Verite order. If you enjoy them as much as I enjoy my two pair, then you'll be a very happy listener, indeed.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #6,930 of 9,521
imo you should burn in and listen to your new VO with your existing gear first, then see what the shortcomings are then address them with new gears, maybe amp or dac or anything in between...... everyone of us has personal taste and listening to different genres so it's hard to recommend just with a price figure....
Thank you for your sharing :raised_hands:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back