1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last
  1. nishan99

2. bryceu
    Did some blind A/B testing thanks to my wife with the Verite on the ZDT Jr vs the RME ADI-2 amp.
    I preferred the RME on 5/6 tracks that I had selected to test with, and only 1/6 with the ZDT Jr.
    The RME had far better imaging, distinct clarity of detail, and improved dynamics.
    The ZDT Jr had slightly improved stage depth (forward/backwards) vs the flatter stage of the RME.
    I found myself tapping my foot a bit more to one song with the ZDT Jr,
    but overall I found the RME compliments the technical abilities of the Verite much more.
    Both amps seem to suffer from a major lack of sub-bass and bass slam.
    The RME can be a bit mid-bass bloated at times, but otherwise had a more linear feeling mix with rock/metal than ZDT Jr.

Darthpool likes this.
  3. ProfFalkin
    Wait till you find out that Yggy A2 is a far better compliment to the 3F + Auteur / Verite than Gumby a2.

The ever so slightly warmer signature, technicality, and far better staging may cause irreparable harm to your concept of "unreal".

Darthpool, jinxy245 and tommytakis like this.
  4. Zachik
    My 2 favorite woods, too :)

5. nishan99
    Zach recommended 300mW into 300 Ohms for the Verite, you need power bro.

bryceu likes this.
  6. bryceu
    Agreed. Thinking either Lyr 3, Mjolnir 2, or maybe just wait for the THX 887.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  7. bryceu
    Anyone heard Asgard 3 + Verite?

8. Dipesh
    Ordered a Cocobolo Verite. Now I wait

nishan99 and heliosphann like this.
  9. mixman
    I consider my THX 789 better than my RME, so the new THX 887 should be better than your ZDT or RME. Now as to the Mjolnir 2, I do wonder myself and was thinking of trying one out if I see it cheap enough used.

bryceu likes this.
  10. bryceu
    Yea I owned the 789 also but I sold it to make way for the ZDT Jr.
    I didn’t have anything against the 789 but the RME was close enough in performance that I figured I’d try something different to pair with Verite. Slightly better stage and dynamics on the 789 for sure. Guess I should have kept the 789 till the Verite arrived to see how it sounded, but I’m minimalist to a fault and always get rid of stuff too soon.
    Now I’m just missing bottom end slam and authority with the RME + Verite. Which has me leaning towards the Mjolnir 2 as i hear it hits pretty hard. I demo’d it awhile ago at Schittr on my Auteurs and appreciated it.
    But I think in general the RME + 789 combo leans a bit too far towards analytical, at least it was for the Focal Clear and Auteur. Didn’t really care for the Ether 2 on that setup either.

Darthpool likes this.
  11. Darthpool
    Build a Bottlehead Crack + speedball....if I can do it...I’m almost positive anyone can. It has some pretty amazing synergy...or ask @Wes S where he got his Crack from, also they can give some good advice on tube rolls...

or look at the ZMF Pendant (budget withstanding). I’m also a fan of the Cayin HA-1A MKII, but it is basically a more powerful Eddie Current ZDT Jr with more tube rolling options, it is beautiful to look at but tube rolling is a pain...

ProfFalkin likes this.
  12. nishan99
    You also may consider the Liquid platinum, I heard it's a great pairing with the Verite and can be found for $600 on sales.

13. bryceu
    Yea I've entertained building a BHC+SB for awhile. Was actually gonna ask your input on the difference between it and the ZDT Jr cause I saw your comments on Headphonescom forums. I checked their website yesterday and it doesn't look like it's on sale right now, I know it can come down in price from time to time. Building it would be fun no doubt.
    Pendant has been on my list but I'm already over budget with the Verite purchase. :D

I've briefly looked into the LP. But it's never really piqued my interest. I'll revisit the idea though.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Darthpool likes this.
  14. ProfFalkin
    Having compared both, imo, BHC+SB > ZDT Jr for Auteur / Verite. (By a country mile.)

If you can find one, get an EC Blackwidow 2. Better than all of the aforementioned amps when considering synergy with Zach's headphones.

15. kumar402
    LP is a great amp and responds well to tube rolling. However a preamp is kind of a necessity with it and that adds to the price if you need good balanced preamp as the amp has very high gain.

First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last