1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last
  1. heliosphann
    Yea, those are for the VC, but I'll throw them on my VO this week and see how they sound.

bryceu likes this.
  2. mixman
    Cool, let us know how they sound on the VO.

3. Darthpool
    Just got mine in today as well!! Loving the quality, it feels excellent, looks fantastic! Can’t complain! Plus it just adds to the overall beauty of my ZMF Verites

pippen99 and JM1979 like this.
  4. tommytakis
    ECP Ravenswood + Verite. What a combo!

172B4CF5-3A08-49F8-8119-6DFBE3D4631D.jpeg

5. nishan99
    After weeks of changing the pads between the Universe lambskin/suede and verite lambskin pads, the verite L pads are superior in technicalities… resolution, dynamics and imaging are all clearly and objectively superior.
    I couldn't go back to the other pads.

Though I can imagine it being too forward and intense for some people hence I am not surprised to see people preferring the other pads. It's all about what you like after all.

I EQ the verite upper mids 4-6dB (depending on the pads) to match~ my Elex upper mids(my reference), I doubt any amp(except tubes), dac or cable can give that much of a boost. Otherwise the guitars and some vocals can sound a bit distant to my liking.

bryceu likes this.
  6. bryceu
    This is my same conclusion, although its quite preliminary.

The Verite lambskin pads showcase the abilities of the Verite the best.

I'm also adding a slight EQ in the upper mids, but only 2-3db.

nishan99 likes this.
  7. Dipesh
    so cocobolo or Silkwood?

8. ProfFalkin
    That's essentially the same setup I have. It is quite a synergistic pairing! I'll admit, I do use the Auteur a little more than the Verite on that setup though.

Darthpool and jinxy245 like this.
  9. tommytakis
    I feel you. I actually have a cocobolo Auteur with me as a loaner and the synergy is unreal with the Auteur. It's made me think of selling the Verite for an Auteur... err... idk fk this is a real headscratcher

10. DrpsDrpr
    I’m the exact same way- I don’t dislike the universe pads, the soundstage is nice and big on them after all, but they definitely diminish all the technicalities you listed, and it’s super apparent when you swap from them to the V pads- they’re also a touch warmer at that, and the Vérité is already plenty warm as it is to my ears. Similarly, I EQ the mids and a bit of the treble up, which coupled with the V pads takes the Vérité from a “technically fantastic but tonally not my cup of tea” headphone, to “best active listening headphone for music enjoyment I’ve heard to date.”

Similarly I get a stronger sense of the “3D-ness” of the headphone with the V pads than what the U pads are claimed to highlight. I occasionally get a unique ‘zooming’ effect from the U pads, but because the dynamics and imaging are so much clearer and impactful with the V pads, they actually sound more distinctive and three-dimensional to me, even though the soundstage is much closer.

I could see myself throwing on the U pads once in a while if I just want to sit back with some music in the background, otherwise it’s V pads all the way for visceral, engaged listening.

Darthpool, bryceu and nishan99 like this.
  11. heliosphann
    Always go for the 'Bolo if you can is my two cents.

Zachik, Darthpool and jinxy245 like this.
  12. Dipesh
    reason behind that mate

13. Torq
    Not to speak for @heliosphann ... but here's one reason:

Verite (Cocobolo) - Seattle - Left (1024).jpg

And it's a recurring LTD wood-offering (along with my other favorite-to-date Ziricote) ... as it is almost unfailingly gorgeous, and sounds entirely lovely to boot.

Rowethren, Zachik, Darthpool and 4 others like this.
  14. Dipesh
    damn

15. heliosphann
    What he said.

Darthpool likes this.
First

Back
210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219
221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230
Next

Last