1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
Next

Last
  1. SmashBruh
    All very good points! I think that adds to my point of how hard it is to find the GOTL you want on the used market!

2. mixman
    For me in all honesty I would probably skip the tube thing, unless it’s a hybrid. Tube rolling gets costly quick and you generally need more desktop space too. I would probably stick to an LP, Mjolnir 2, or iCan Pro.

JM1979 likes this.
  3. Gaspasser
    I think this is bad advice. I think, as it is repeatedly stated in this thread, that Verite can scale with higher quality amps. I have an EC Af and yes, 2A3 tubes are $$, but I don’t tube roll. Not everyone has tube nervosa.

nishan99 likes this.
  4. JM1979
    I received my Ziricote Verites today. I’ll try to get some pics posted later as they are gorgeous.

I love the sound right out of the box but can tell that burn in will do wonders. I usually burn in via listening but based on a 300 hour burn in, will probably need to set up some pink noise for the next several days.

One thing that has been said many times but can’t be stated enough is just how great of a company ZMF is. The attention to detail, customer service and just general vibe that they are in this hobby with us is amazing. There are very few companies I know of where their passion for what they do oozes from every single interaction you have with them. ZMF is one of those companies.

5. bryceu
    Thanks again all for the recommendations everyone. I ended up buying a ZDT Jr, but I'll probably jump on the Glenn waitlist as well. :)

And congrats @JM1979

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  6. mixman
    Wasn’t giving advice. Was just saying what I am likely to do. I would probably prefer to get a really good solid state amp, then possible then get a good tube amp. For me an OTL is a no go because of my planars. The Glen non OTL model sounds good, but I have to see how long and how much. Perhaps even a Woo WA22?

7. nishan99
    [​IMG]

They shipped my Verite :)

8. UntilThen
    I got the message too. It's arriving by FedEx International Priority next Tues. :)

9. Phantaminum
    You’re going to love how resolving the Verite is UT. Especially with the GOTL.

Give it at least 150 hours of burn in before you make a decision. It goes from a little unrefined to liquid smoothness.

JM1979, Wildcatsare1 and zach915m like this.
  10. UntilThen
    I’ll burn it in with the Sansui then listen to it with the GOTL. :)

Zachik and Phantaminum like this.
  11. Zachik
    100% agree! For anyone who is a burn-in skeptic (like I used to be) - try ZMF headphones out-of-the-box and 100+ hours later... My Atticus made me a believer of burn-in :)

12. LoryWiv
    I used to feel the same way, @mixman. Had the iCan Pro for 2 years, enjoyed it, but after a few months now with Feliks-Audio Elise doubt I'll ever go back to solid state. The technicalities on the Elise likely don't match those of the iCan Pro, but there is magic paired with my ZMF Auteur, euphony and musicality that I never perceived to this level with solid state. I find I listen more to the music, not the amp. I've not tube rolled yet, and the Elise is actually less costly than the iCAN Pro. Anyway, just my 2 cents, and of course YMMV.

bryceu, nishan99 and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  13. woodcans
    jinxy245 likes this.
  14. JM1979
    BF17A280-B43C-437A-9CA2-6538A6617CA5.jpeg I was captivated by these last night. It will take me a while to gather my impressions but there were many jaw on the floor moments.

15. heliosphann
    Welcome to the club! Which pads do you have?

First

Back
170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179
181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190
Next

Last