1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Verite

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by heliosphann, Oct 3, 2018.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last
  1. heliosphann
    I need an Empy to demo. Somebody send me one! :wink:

2. mixman
    Just more analytical compared to the Verite. Not as analytical as my HEK SE.

Darthpool likes this.
  3. Wildcatsare1
    I’m hearing a bit of hardness n the upper kids, lower treble on the Empy that I don’t hear on the Vérité. Soundstage is similar with both on the WA5, maybe just a tad more depth on the Empy, but so close it’s hard to tell. One difference I noted was that once the Empy was in the House I found that I was listening almost all rock, not my usual mix of classical, jazz and rock.

Darthpool likes this.
  4. Zachik
    Kids now days... :angry:

jinxy245 likes this.
  5. Wildcatsare1
    Damn those upity Kids and their music, now get off of my lawn!

6. nishan99
    I PM him about two weeks ago and the wait was 4 months long

Same with my hifiman ananda and focal elex!

planars excel at the loud volumes of rock, metal and shows soundtracks

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Wildcatsare1 likes this.
  7. mixman
    Thanks. That's a no go for me. I can either pick one up used here in that time or will find another type of amp I will like.

8. antdroid
    P1030577.JPG

Bocote & Mahogany

Mizicke5273, zach915m, JM1979 and 9 others like this.
  9. SmashBruh
    I think you might have to go with the latter option there friend. I’ve been searching for a Glenn OTL since the beginning of the year and in that time I’ve only seen two or three pop up- all of them with pretty steep markups too might I add.
    Last month I just bit the bullet and asked to be put on the wait list, but I also have an atom, MCTH and Bottlehead Mainline to tide me over.

jinxy245 and Wildcatsare1 like this.
  10. bryceu
    Looks nice @antdroid !

How are the fireflies? I've heard mixed opinions.

11. kumar402
    As they say
    "Be Patient, Good things take time"

jinxy245 likes this.
  12. antdroid
    Yea, definitely a lot of mixed opinions out there. I think at the full-retail price, you'll be left wanting more. I got them used for less than half the price. I find it rather neutral, but with a slightly warmer sound - slight bass increase, a little smoother treble response, and gentler attack, but that doesn't mean it takes away from the speed of the Verite, which I find is a good pairing with these. The WA7 is really awful for IEMs. The 3.5mm output is just useless and utter garbage. Everything I put through it sounds muddy and overly bassy.

I also admit, 90% of the reason I bought it was because of the sleek modern looks, and 10% for wanting tubes.

Darthpool likes this.
  13. bryceu
    Right on. Yea they're cool looking but I've heard sound doesn't meet expectations on most occasions. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

14. whirlwind

The amount of options that one gets on an amp from Glenn will make the prices vary greatly on the OTL amp.
    You can get the basic for $750 or you can start adding stuff and get well above twice that price.....so that is probably the differences in the varying prices you have seen.

jinxy245 likes this.
  15. Monsterzero
    Not to mention that many times tubes are included in the sale,which can dramatically increase an asking price.

whirlwind and jinxy245 like this.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last