ZMF Verite Open
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #9,406 of 9,561
Agree and I again apologize. I was in full support of him at the start until he then made simply ridiculous claims and just kept saying how inferior they were. People tried to help him and one ended up
Posting regretting helping him. Please go back and look at all his posts. I strongly believe he is simply a lurker/trouble maker and attention seeker. This is why I became angry with his contradictory statements and continual bashing of a wonderful headphone. Yes we all hear differently and have different experiences. But I implore you to go back and see all of his posts. Anyway, my rant over and time to just enjoy the music.
Wait did he change his username and profile picture? Oh, he limit his profile recently.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #9,407 of 9,561
Jan 17, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #9,408 of 9,561
Anyone know how to reduce ZMF hefty weight or should i build some muscle on my neck? :triumph: mine is blackwood.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #9,409 of 9,561
Anyone know how to reduce ZMF hefty weight or should i build some muscle on my neck? :triumph: mine is blackwood.
Switching to the BBB strap helps some

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #9,410 of 9,561
The crescent headband for sure and the BBB strap is quite good at spreading out the weight.

Jan 17, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #9,411 of 9,561
And a chair with some neck support

Jan 18, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #9,412 of 9,561

Only the BBB strap and magnesium chassis is your only friend. While Blackwood is one of the arguably best sounding woods on VO, it’s one of the heaviest too. I learned how heavy a ZMF can be with my stabilised Atrium, the thing is beyond 640g even with magnesium chassis. But somehow I am getting used to it :)

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #9,413 of 9,561
Only the BBB strap and magnesium chassis is your only friend. While Blackwood is one of the arguably best sounding woods on VO, it’s one of the heaviest too. I learned how heavy a ZMF can be with my stabilised Atrium, the thing is beyond 640g even with magnesium chassis. But somehow I am getting used to it :)
Keep finding BBB recommendation. is it better to get BBB strap or buy copilot pad for extra comfort?

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #9,414 of 9,561
It's a wearing issue.
With the VO you've to lay back and enjoy.
No muscles needed. :) ( but it helps ^^)

Jan 18, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #9,415 of 9,561
Keep finding BBB recommendation. is it better to get BBB strap or buy copilot pad for extra comfort?
I believe BBB is considered the more comfortable variant due to it wide design, but never tried copilot.

Jan 18, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #9,416 of 9,561

I use the BBB strap and it's super comfortable but my set isn't as heavy as yours. I've not used the copilot. I use a regular ZMF pilot pad for the LCD-X (620 grams). The comfort increases massively, (apples and oranges I know), but I think the extra width from the pilot pads or the BBB strap decreases the perceived weight. If the weight alone causes too much discomfort I don't think any strap will completely fix that. It varies from person to person.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #9,418 of 9,561
I swore to myself I was done after the Cayin iHA-6, but then I see a LNIB Darkvoice 336SE along with extra tubes for half off on local classifieds...

And now I have a tube amp. My poor wallet.
And how is it with VO?

Jan 19, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #9,419 of 9,561
10 hours is nothing. I thought I didn’t like the VO at first. Don’t pass judgement until they have played for at least 100 hours. Now I love them.
just an update on previous post! I was not satisfied with the mids , specially voices, too forward. But it turned out to be the Aune s17 that tends to push things forward when in High Gain. Once put in low gain, you can actually hear the mids move back a bit and sound more natural.
The sound of this amp is great! nice soundstage, realistic voices and great dynamics. Bass definition is also one of the good qualities of this amp. better than the Violectric v200 for me. V200 is a tad more bright on top.
the only problem i have now is the dac and amp impedance pairing that may not be perfect. Dac is 1,250ohms out and amp is 10Kohms. i tested the voltage at the (rac in) of the amp from the dac and it gave me .8Volts. when not connected to the amp its 1.8Volts. dont know if that low voltage in affects the performance of the amp.
I will try an RCA to XLR di that has 47Kohms input and 100 ohms out to see if there is a difference. Can't think of any other way to buffer the impedance! If anyone has an idea please let me know

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #9,420 of 9,561
the only problem i have now is the dac and amp impedance pairing that may not be perfect. Dac is 1,250ohms out and amp is 10Kohms. i tested the voltage at the (rac in) of the amp from the dac and it gave me .8Volts. when not connected to the amp its 1.8Volts.
Yes, this is not ideal.
You could try that DI box, but if you plan on keeping that DAC for awhile, I'd look at investing into a solid buffer instead.

This is probably one of the most sonically-transparent buffers you can find:
https://neurochrome.com/products/universal-buffer

You can also try and find a commercial solution.

If you do decide to go with the Neurochrome, I'd recommend emailing @tomchr as he's great and will answer any questions you may have.
I wonder if he'd even build it into a chassis as a plug-n-play solution for a fee..?

Just my $0.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back