ZMF Verite Open
Oct 8, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #9,016 of 9,521
I am planning to buy dynamic headphones for my feliks audio euforia evo amplifier. I am thinking between zmf atrium and focal utopia 2022. what do you think?
I play games, watch movies, videos, stream, listen to music in all genres. so you need an all-rounder multimedia sound.

Oct 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #9,017 of 9,521
I am planning to buy dynamic headphones for my feliks audio euforia evo amplifier. I am thinking between zmf atrium and focal utopia 2022. what do you think?
I play games, watch movies, videos, stream, listen to music in all genres. so you need an all-rounder multimedia sound.

Pretty sure its the wrong thread, but Atrium Open might be your best bet especially with Euforia Evo. Compared to Utopia Atrium will be less technical and detailed, but will have a lot more weight to the notes, better bass, more natural sound and larger stage, which might be important for gaming.

Oct 11, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #9,018 of 9,521
Yesterday night I was listening to this album by Max Ananyev (“Frontier”) with Verite and A20. I like this type of music to relax after a long day.

It sounded so good, with perfect tone, proper weight, nice note decay, and a tactile sound that you can almost touch the guitar strings, that I thought it couldn't possibly sound better unless I was in front of the guy while he was playing the guitar

When driven properly, the Verite is absolutely incredible

1697040726490.png

Oct 11, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #9,019 of 9,521
Yesterday night I was listening to this album by Max Ananyev (“Frontier”) with Verite and A20. I like this type of music to relax after a long day.

It sounded so good, with perfect tone, proper weight, nice note decay, and a tactile sound that you can almost touch the guitar strings, that I thought it couldn't possibly sound better unless I was in front of the guy while he was playing the guitar

When driven properly, the Verite is absolutely incredible

1697040726490.png
having a listen to this now. It's great. It sounds exactly as you describe through the A20.
I'm just wondering what pads your using?

Oct 11, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #9,020 of 9,521
having a listen to this now. It's great. It sounds exactly as you describe through the A20.
I'm just wondering what pads your using?
Hello. I'm using the Universe Perforated Lambskin (the stock ones). I also have the BE2 Lambskin, which are also good, but for my taste a bit of soundstage is lost with them

There is a good Verite PAD review/comparison here by @heliosphann that I think is interesting to read: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/zmfheadphones-be2-pads.25765/reviews

Oct 21, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #9,024 of 9,521
Hey everyone, I've recently been having a problem with the Verite pads I've been daily driving for most part of the last two years. It keeps coming off the headphones and it's a pain to get it back on. It looks like the elasticity of the part that goes into the groove is all but spent. I looked at the store and I can't seem to find the Verite pads anymore? I'm not the biggest fan of the sound of the Universal Pads I have. What are my options?

Oct 21, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #9,027 of 9,521
Ah yes, thank you. But it looks like it's "coming soon" :frowning2:
The BE2 pads are close to the Verite pads but with added dimensionality if that helps. The lambskin BE2 pads are my favorite on the Verite Open.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #9,028 of 9,521
The BE2 pads are close to the Verite pads but with added dimensionality if that helps. The lambskin BE2 pads are my favorite on the Vetite Open.
I would also recommend the BE2 pads. The Caldera Ultra Perf pads are great as well. They open up the staging quite a bit from the Vertie pads.

Oct 21, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #9,030 of 9,521
Thanks everyone, guess I'll give the BE2s a try!

The BE2 pads add more depth and decay to the signature of the Verite pads, they're generally preferred by most VO users.

Also if you're new to ZMF pads and aren't aware, you will want to select the BE2 Lambskin "Perforated" pads for open back ZMFs, solid pads are designed for ZMF closed backs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back