ZMF Verite Open
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #8,926 of 9,521
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #8,927 of 9,521
By the way, if anyone is looking for nice PS5 to pair with their VO, I have mine up on Classified Fields right now.......

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #8,929 of 9,521
Looks like I broke ZMF. I just bought a LTD VO and now the site now shows the LTD VO's are "coming soon". Sorry guys...
LTD Bog Oak drop imminent!!! :wink:

I'll try and get them on my VO in the next day or two. That of course depends on if I can pull myself away from playing Starfield...
Caldera Ultra Perf pads have been on the VO for the last two days. As expected, it's a very different sound than the normal pads. It's definitely pushes the VO more towards neutral, while giving it a more open sound. I don't think they will unseat my go to pads, the BE Lambskins, but more testing needs to be done. I'll do a full write-up and amend my VO Pad review.

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #8,930 of 9,521
My VOs arrived on friday after having trouble with customs but they finally made it to me.

I know these are not the best pictures but it's impossible to show how good they look in person.

The wood is Black and White Ebony, my dream wood. Next to the WA5, it took a couple of years making the combo posible. Thank you Zach and the ZMF team!

They have around 15hrs of playtime. They still lack some burn in but I'm enjoying it every minute.

Although it is softer compared to other Ebony species like Macassar, I think it is still considered hardwood with around 1700 janka hardness. Maybe someone with a better understanding can confirm it.
Best looking pair I have seen! Incredible wood grain! Congrats!

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #8,931 of 9,521
Swapped the Caldera Ultra Perf onto my VO today (after the BE2 perf lamb, which had been my preferred pad so far). It's too soon to make any real judgements, but my initial impression is that the Caldera Ultra provides a more open sound with a little more treble presence, therefore a bit more detail. So far, the bass seems about the same or maybe a tad less - unless that is just the effect of having more info up top making it seem like less bass when it is actually the same but now in a different proportional balance. Will continue listening to these for a week or so before deciding if they are the new champ.

Sep 8, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #8,932 of 9,521
Anyone have impressions on Caldera stock pads on the VO? It is in the similar shape type as the BE2 perf lambskin but I'm wondering if it adds anything to the VO?

Sep 8, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #8,933 of 9,521
Anyone have impressions on Caldera stock pads on the VO? It is in the similar shape type as the BE2 perf lambskin but I'm wondering if it adds anything to the VO?

Caldera stock pads are solid on the insides and are not meant to be used on the open dynamic headphones, as far as I know!

Sep 8, 2023 at 7:37 PM Post #8,934 of 9,521

Caldera stock pads are solid on the insides and are not meant to be used on the open dynamic headphones, as far as I know!
I can confirm that the stock Caldera pads are absolutely awful on the Atrium, so I suspect that the same would be the case on the VO

Sep 13, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #8,937 of 9,521
Just wanted to add I absolutely been loving my VO's. I did want to know what the recommended way would be to clean the Verite Perf Lambskin pads? I do tend to sweat a bit when wearing.
Use warm water with a clean cloth. You can use a very small amount of mild soap if necessary. Wipe dry and also air dry.

You can use some quality leather conditioner once or twice a year, especially depending on your climate/storage situation and usage. I've personally never really found it necessary to use conditioner with ZMF pads.

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #8,938 of 9,521
I just wipe the lambskin pads with a microfiber cloth, sometimes slightly damp. But water will dry out leather so don't overdo it. A dry cloth should be enough. Audeze's leather conditioner every 4-6 months or so will work too.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #8,939 of 9,521
I second the Audeze leather conditioner

Sep 15, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #8,940 of 9,521
Hello everyone. it was my old dream to be the owner of a zmf totl headphones, and it looks like the time has come. when I dealt with the topic in the past, the Verite series was the top. since then, two members of Atrium have appeared and at the same price, which I still don't understand. did they get better technically and in tuning? since I would take them at home, it doesn't matter whether I choose open or closed ones, the question is more about how they are tuned and their technical ability. I know that the Átrium open type has more space and the stage is a bit better than the closed version. However, I don't know how well the open Átrium can listen to bass-oriented music such as Hip-Hop Techno and others. does it have enough punch, energy, dynamics, weight for the deep range or can only the closed versions provide this? the same question arises between verite open and closed. Is there anyone here who has heard all of these and can give me some answers to my questions? and I welcome any information about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back