ZMF Verite Open
Apr 4, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #7,561 of 9,521
I see, been a while since the last time I heard any LD product though. Woo WA6 actually also work well with Grado.

Burson GT is that good. At first I thought that Soloist 3XP should be enough for Verite, and GT only worth well for something like Susvara or AB1266. How wrong I am.
Thanks. Then I’ll get a Burson GT.:smile:

Apr 4, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #7,562 of 9,521
New happy owner of a Verite Open Camphor Burl that I traded my VCs for.

1649125240616.png

(This is the previous owner's pic, but this is a good shot of it)

Anyways, I'm experimenting with the Auteur Hybrid Perforated pads I just bought and I'm really loving the sound so far! There aren't any reviews I could find about this perforated pad on the Verite Open but I can tell you right now the staging is more roomy and deep while still sounding pretty dynamic like the Verite lambskin perf pads. Not as fast sounding as the Verite pads but this pad I feel with definitely make some VO owners happy in terms of staging and dynamics.

VERY similar to the characteristics that make the Auteur Hybrid Solid pads one of the best pads on the VC!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #7,566 of 9,521
Don't forget to use a micro fibre cloth to give your Camphor Burls that amazing surface glimmer before photos!

Apr 16, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #7,567 of 9,521
Don't forget to use a micro fibre cloth to give your Camphor Burls that amazing surface glimmer before photos!

I actually was also in the spring cleaning mood this morning and got out my micro fibre cloth and my can of Mohawk Penthouse polish. Gave the trusty African Blackwood Verite a much needed spiffing-up.

Apr 16, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #7,568 of 9,521
Question for you guys re: an issue I created with the magnesium chassis:

I ordered a suede strap for my verites bc I wanted something that would stick to my balding head a little better. For this procedure, I had to undue the screws with an allen wrench (2x per side). On one of the sides, when screwing one of the screws back in, I had it slightly off center. The magnesium is very soft, and I didn't feel like I was getting much resistance. Only noticed when I put the one in next to it and they weren't at the same angle. So I unscrewed the first one to make it right, and realized that the hole was then too big for the screw to catch despite me being able to see threading. (picture below)

Question is: What to do now? I'm in Germany and expense of VAT/Customs killed me re: LTD cans and straps, so not looking to send back to the guys at ZMF at the moment. I can do that in a year or two when I'm back in the states and have it properly fixed. In the interim, I was thinking of going up one screw-size? I was also wondering about maybe putting a couple layers of plumber's tape on the screw to see if that will give it just enough extra circumference to stay in. Any thoughts on the approaches or alternative solutions?

BTW for those of you who saw my previous initial impressions re: the Verites a couple weeks ago, burn in did make a remarkable difference. Still prefer the Auteur for rock, but jazz, bluegrass and other instrumental stuff, particularly acoustic, is really good with the Verites now.

Thanks!

Ryan

IMG_3075.jpg

Apr 16, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #7,569 of 9,521

I ordered a suede strap for my verites bc I wanted something that would stick to my balding head a little better. For this procedure, I had to undue the screws with an allen wrench (2x per side). On one of the sides, when screwing one of the screws back in, I had it slightly off center. The magnesium is very soft, and I didn't feel like I was getting much resistance. Only noticed when I put the one in next to it and they weren't at the same angle. So I unscrewed the first one to make it right, and realized that the hole was then too big for the screw to catch despite me being able to see threading. (picture below)

Question is: What to do now? I'm in Germany and expense of VAT/Customs killed me re: LTD cans and straps, so not looking to send back to the guys at ZMF at the moment. I can do that in a year or two when I'm back in the states and have it properly fixed. In the interim, I was thinking of going up one screw-size? I was also wondering about maybe putting a couple layers of plumber's tape on the screw to see if that will give it just enough extra circumference to stay in. Any thoughts on the approaches or alternative solutions?

BTW for those of you who saw my previous initial impressions re: the Verites a couple weeks ago, burn in did make a remarkable difference. Still prefer the Auteur for rock, but jazz, bluegrass and other instrumental stuff, particularly acoustic, is really good with the Verites now.

Thanks!

Ryan

IMG_3075.jpg
You could try plumbers tape (least evasive) or even the end of a toothpick to see if that holds it in.
I wouldn’t go a size bigger with a screw as you could do more damage to the hardware.
Zach would be the best to recommend here.

Apr 16, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #7,570 of 9,521

Thanks!

Ryan

I'd definitely contact @zach915m for best practices, he usually responds best to e-mail. Contact info on the website :
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/contact-us

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #7,571 of 9,521
Has anyone compared the atrium to the VO?

Apr 16, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #7,572 of 9,521
Apr 17, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #7,574 of 9,521
Apr 17, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #7,575 of 9,521

Users who are viewing this thread

Back