ZMF Verite Open
Oct 29, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #5,356 of 9,517
smol1.jpg

smol2.jpg
smol3.jpg

They came in!! Right off the bat, After a single minute of listening I was already in love. Worth absolutely every single penny spent. At first I was planning on keeping my pair of Sennheiser HD800S but without even having the chance to burn in the Verite... within 15 minutes I was so impressed that I'm now going to sell the HD800S as these are truly my end game and have everything I could ever want in a headphone. Couldn't thank you enough @zach915m . They're everything I could want and far exceeded my expectations.

I've recommended them to a friend who should be making a Pendant + Verite Open purchase sometime in the near future. Still so taken back, I can't imagine how amazing they will sound after a few hundred hours as I'm already so satisfied as it is.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #5,357 of 9,517
I haven’t kept up, so dumb question, what wood is that? They’re gorgeous, especially the first pic. So chocolaty I could take a bite outa them :tiger:

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #5,359 of 9,517
Hey all - we will be on @Darthpool's YouTube channel tomorrow (or today depending on when you see this and where you are!) Sunday October 25th at 7PM central (US time) at our new workshop. We will be talking about all things ZMF and we're really excited to give a tour of our new workshop. Here's the link for the live stream. Hope to see you there in the chat box!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=3KptoLyJk1M

Wish I was able to make the live stream! Awesome to see the new shop and some sneak peeks on the Ltds woods. I was hoping for Ltd Koa Wood Verite but the wait continues!

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #5,362 of 9,517
@xiorath looks great ! Sound stage still larger on the hd800s and if so by how much to you ?
800s will have a larger sound stage but by how much depends on pads of choice. From what I’ve read and for my preference, the Universe pads will get you closer to HD 800s than HD 600 line and I would concur. Only other pad I’ve tried is the Verite pad and those are closer to 600 line, specifically the 660s and 58x, which have the larger sound stages of that line.

Oct 30, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #5,363 of 9,517
@xiorath looks great ! Sound stage still larger on the hd800s and if so by how much to you ?

For the moment (Still >10 hours of burn in) I'd say the soundstage has a slightly larger width presentation on the HD800S. Where as I feel like the Verite excels at more depth and height than the HD800S when it comes to soundstage. This was immediately noticeable in Electronic songs where some samples began to extend outward, down, then up really high and you could pin point the movement outward/around and the depth as some samples dropped with ease.

It was also a immediate difference when I booted up Watch Dogs Legion and I could hear all the surrounding audio cues a lot better in all angles from really up high with drones, or the footsteps or rain hitting the ground really low while retaining a great soundstage. The Imaging and separation of sounds and instruments is just spot on excellent and exceeds the HD800S by a good bit from my brief experience thus far. This is using the Verite Universe and Universe Suede Perf pads, I have but yet to try the BE-2 Hybrid Perf, BE-2 Lambskin and Verite Pads.

To be honest, soundstage was my biggest concern since I do a lot of gaming and want a total immersive experience. I can definitely say with confidence that the soundstage is more than acceptable and not that much less than the HD800S in terms of width and excels in height.

Hope that answers your question. I'm not to keen on explaining audio related things, but I definitely appreciate the lengths audio can go as far as quality :)

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #5,366 of 9,517
I'm just now realizing that it seems everyone runs tubes for these ZMF cans.

788 or A90 not work well with these ?

Oct 30, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #5,367 of 9,517
I'm just now realizing that it seems everyone runs tubes for these ZMF cans.

788 or A90 not work well with these ?

I used to own the THX 887 (big brother of 788) and my VC sounded extremely anemic with it. Even though it had plenty of power, the sound was kinda veiled and not full, leaving a a lot too be desired. THX amps are not typically play well with ZMF cans. However, other SS amps such as Burson Soloist or Headamp GS-x MIni (i own) sounds almost as good as high end tube amps. But for the ultimate ZMF experience, you ll want to try a OTL tube amp.

Oct 30, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #5,368 of 9,517
I used to own the THX 887 (big brother of 788) and my VC sounded extremely anemic with it. Even though it had plenty of power, the sound was kinda veiled and not full, leaving a a lot too be desired. THX amps are not typically play well with ZMF cans. However, other SS amps such as Burson Soloist or Headamp GS-x MIni (i own) sounds almost as good as high end tube amps. But for the ultimate ZMF experience, you ll want to try a OTL tube amp.

I wonder if the A90 would be better because it puts ourt even more power at 300ohms than the THX amps. I'm not willing to amp roll and I will never use tubes. That gs-x mini looks so tempting though !

Oct 30, 2020 at 8:53 PM Post #5,370 of 9,517
If tubes arent your thing, then the GS-X Mini would be your best bet. Trust me when i say this, the mini is my favorite amp that i own, and that includes a Feliks Elise. Until i find a set of tubes that match my preference, I will prefer my mini.

Never used the A90 so cant speak for that. However i do know that power isnt everything when it comes to ZMFs, even if its 300 ohms. Its a very efficient headphone so you wont need much power to make it sound good. If you are gonna get the A90, make sure you get a decent dac to pair with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back