ZMF Verite Open
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,111 of 9,511
While that's your preference, you're likely not confused on meaning when you hear "soundstage" in reference to the verite on this forum about headphones. Just making the point that there's so much in audiophilia to quibble about, as long as a term's context is clear, we should leave sleeping dogs lie.*

*As a side note, I prefer people pronounce forte - a person's skill - properly ("fort"), and say "nauseated" - you feel sick - rather than nauseous (you make other people sick), but I usually don't correct them because (a.) it's annoying to be corrected, and (b.) I get what they mean, and (c.) it's usually kinda humorous even if only to me

You have a point there.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #1,112 of 9,511
While that's your preference, you're likely not confused on meaning when you hear "soundstage" in reference to the verite on this forum about headphones. Just making the point that there's so much in audiophilia to quibble about, as long as a term's context is clear, we should leave sleeping dogs lie.*

*As a side note, I prefer people pronounce forte - a person's skill - properly ("fort"), and say "nauseated" - you feel sick - rather than nauseous (you make other people sick), but I usually don't correct them because (a.) it's annoying to be corrected, and (b.) I get what they mean, and (c.) it's usually kinda humorous even if only to me

Done, have a happy and blessed New Year!

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #1,113 of 9,511
Getting excited I can demo Verite in coming days....

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #1,115 of 9,511
Ok, so after having been able to listen to the Verite on the Cavalli/Monotprice Liquid Platinum, I felt that I had to somewhat rewrite my earlier impressions about the Verite, which are linked here and here. The sections that I changed a bit were Overall Sound Signature (in the 1st post), Noteworthy aspects of the Verite (on the 1st post), the end/conclusions part of the 1st post, and Verite vs. Auteur (on the 2nd comparisons post).

Basically, I don't feel that the Verite is as dark of a headphone as I initially thought. Rather, if you use the right amp and DAC, I feel the Verite is a warm headphone, but it's not one where you'll be suffocating under its warmth. Off of the top of my head, the Verite is about as warm as the HD650, though take that with a grain of salt as I haven't heard the HD650 recently.

So yeah, the Verite will definitely scale and reflect what your audio chain sounds like.

Dec 29, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #1,116 of 9,511
Ok, so after having been able to listen to the Verite on the Cavalli/Monotprice Liquid Platinum, I felt that I had to somewhat rewrite my earlier impressions about the Verite, which are linked here and here. The sections that I changed a bit were Overall Sound Signature (in the 1st post), Noteworthy aspects of the Verite (on the 1st post), the end/conclusions part of the 1st post, and Verite vs. Auteur (on the 2nd comparisons post).

Basically, I don't feel that the Verite is as dark of a headphone as I initially thought. Rather, if you use the right amp and DAC, I feel the Verite is a warm headphone, but it's not one where you'll be suffocating under its warmth. Off of the top of my head, the Verite is about as warm as the HD650, though take that with a grain of salt as I haven't heard the HD650 recently.

So yeah, the Verite will definitely scale and reflect what your audio chain sounds like.

Yeah,I didnt find it dark in the least,even with an R2R DAC and tubes. Warm,yes. Dark,no.

Jan 3, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #1,120 of 9,511
Im not sure,but I was listening to some gaming footage last night on YouTube thru my Auteurs and was thoroughly impressed.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #1,121 of 9,511
May be a weird question to ask about a $2400 headphone but for those who heard the verite. Do you think it would be good for gaming too? Positional queues and soundstage wise?
If 30+ hours of Overwatch and Destiny 2 on the Verite counts for anything, then yes, they are good for gaming. :)

Positional queues were easy to pick up on, and they weren't fatiguing despite the constant sound of guns going off.

Jan 5, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #1,122 of 9,511
F8pnR7ijg4k7757r9

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #1,124 of 9,511
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #1,125 of 9,511
Finally auditioned Verite, it's quite breathtaking piece of gear. Really fast drivers, very musical, fantastic with large orchestral pieces with the width and depth of staging... Treble not as sparkling as Utopia, but blends really beautifully with mids and bass... Utopia can sound quite clinical/studio like but Verite gives sense of liveliness and slightly longer decay like sounds we normally hear.

For the price what Verite can do, it blows lots of other similar or higher priced competition away.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back