ZMF Verite Open
Nov 25, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #766 of 9,511
I'm guessing this was with the universe pads, which don't trade treble for upper mid range like the others? Also I really hope the Diana or Diana Phi doesn't have that large of an upper mid range dip compared to the regular Abyss. It's seemingly the only planar that checks all my boxes for a complimentary headphone to the other two I plan on buying.
Diana is either an on-ear or was made for the smallest ears possible.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #767 of 9,511
Diana is either an on-ear or was made for the smallest ears possible.
Yeah it's pretty split about the pads & I believe Abyss said they'd be making new ones for the Diana. But that was before the Diana Phi was announced with said larger pads - at a $1000 mark up to boot. I have a lot of hair, wear glasses, & ear rings (studs) so they'll probably be a tricky fit. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #768 of 9,511
Yeah it's pretty split about the pads & I believe Abyss said they'd be making new ones for the Diana. But that was before the Diana Phi was announced with said larger pads - at a $1000 mark up to boot. I have a lot of hair, wear glasses, & ear rings (studs) so they'll probably be a tricky fit. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.
Interesting

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #769 of 9,511
Move it to the Abyss thread. The constant tangents are annoying.

Nov 25, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #771 of 9,511

This is directly related to Hans' comparison. I guess we shouldn't do those in here either...

No it's not. I don't see any mention of the Verite there.

Look, I don't want to be a jerk, but these threads devolve easily and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants more signal and less noise.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #773 of 9,511
I'm guessing this was with the universe pads, which don't trade treble for upper mid range like the others? Also I really hope the Diana or Diana Phi doesn't have that large of an upper mid range dip compared to the regular Abyss. It's seemingly the only planar that checks all my boxes for a complimentary headphone to the other two I plan on buying.

It was with the Verite pads. I am really digging the frequency balance with these.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #778 of 9,511
From what I’ve read here and on other forums, people seem pretty split on whether they prefer the universe or verite pads. Personally I really dig the warmish tone of the eikon, so I’m thinking I’ll lean more towards universe pads :)

The pads make a pretty significant difference....and I keep going back and forth as well too. Waiting for some new tubes to come in this week,but with my current tube roll,which is pretty bright im using the Universe pads.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #779 of 9,511
@Hansotek how have you been finding it for metal? I would imagine the warmer/darker tilt but without losing micro/macro details+bigger soundstage make them a winner! How do they handle poorer recordings? Also how does timbre compare vs. the Auteur?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:24 PM Post #780 of 9,511
Tonight I rolled in on my GOTL

C3Gx2
RCA 6080 x2
Mullard GZ32

Im getting INSANE 3D imaging :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back