ZMF Verite Open
Jun 20, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #6,496 of 9,518
Sounds like a great solution!
Looking forward to order some of those empty packets, and populate with my pads. Challenge would be to identify which is what... :thinking:
Maybe using invisible UV ink marker could work

Jun 20, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #6,497 of 9,518
Maybe using invisible UV ink marker could work
I’ve had great luck with the red art marker. I suppose you could use a similar Sharpie. It’s almost invisible and you cannot see it once installed on the ear cup anyways. Works for me so thought I would pass it along. I’m glad I marked them as I have a few similar pads and they can easily get mixed up.

Jun 25, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #6,499 of 9,518
Jun 25, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #6,500 of 9,518
So the story is, for the past few days I got offered some second hand excellent headphones (Flagship from Focal and both Audeze) with super tempting price, and people may say a steal price.

After extensive listening session, I conclude that Verite is truly unique, delicate, and beautiful in sound, even compare to other big boys. My original plan was to sell my VO to fund one of these headphones, but now I think that's not a wise decision.

While these 4k headphones produce more detail, but I feel my Pheasantwood is more lively, closer to what live experience when listen to musician perform, and as bonus, with "enough of wood coloration" in sound that make it unique.

Of course these could be bias, and truly personal from my preference, but at least I know what kind of sound that I truly like.

Have a blissful weekend ahead everyone!

Jun 25, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #6,501 of 9,518
So the story is, for the past few days I got offered some second hand excellent headphones (Flagship from Focal and both Audeze) with super tempting price, and people may say a steal price.

After extensive listening session, I conclude that Verite is truly unique, delicate, and beautiful in sound, even compare to other big boys. My original plan was to sell my VO to fund one of these headphones, but now I think that's not a wise decision.

While these 4k headphones produce more detail, but I feel my Pheasantwood is more lively, closer to what live experience when listen to musician perform, and as bonus, with "enough of wood coloration" in sound that make it unique.

Of course these could be bias, and truly personal from my preference, but at least I know what kind of sound that I truly like.

Have a blissful weekend ahead everyone!
Think that was wise decision you’ve made. I can resonate with what you wrote. There is simply no substitute for the VO; which has a perfect blend of musicality and technicality.

Jun 26, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #6,504 of 9,518
20210626_110456.jpg

20210626_110502.jpg

Jun 26, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #6,505 of 9,518
Jun 27, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #6,508 of 9,518
Any impressions on BE2 pads on Verite?

The pads chart on the ZMF site is accurate IMO. It seems to me that "neutral" = more HD800-like with more piercing highs and that type of thing. Less noticeable bass. Less "warm" = treble more noticeable. BE2 are as noted on the chart more warm (less piercing highs) than the Verite pads but less warm (somewhat more piercing highs like voice/snares) than the Universe suede. For me, BE2 is cool, but I like universe suede best because the highs are fatiguing to me and the suede pads are nice and fat. Don't like the Verite pads at all personally, bright as hell to me. The differences are significant.

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #6,509 of 9,518
I get a little confuse when a person said/wrote neutral as bright or like HD800 kind of sound, because HD800 clearly not neutral, it simply a bright sounding headphone. Just because something sound brighter/cooler doesn't mean it is closer to neutral. If neutral is the reference point, then it should not be overly bright nor dark.

Neutral is different to each of us though.

That said, it's true that ZMF's pad chart is accurate. If want something brighter, more bite at upper mid and treble, less warm on upper bass/lower mid, BE2 is better choice than universe pad. Personally, for Verite SIlkwood BE2 is the best choice, but I can see some other people who loves universe pad instead for more laidback presentation.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #6,510 of 9,518
Any impressions on BE2 pads on Verite?
My personal opinion, the BE2 is good and a little more neutral as has been said. That said, it also takes away a bit from the bass. My preference is toward the Universe Suedes of the three pads I've tried. This makes it a relatively warm headphone, but the Verite doesn't do that well at neutral. It does a good job at warm and laid-back.

I'll differ a bit from some of the other opinions on here and say that the Verite will never produce a piecing high no matter what pad goes on. The headphone seems to slope off pretty hard in the treble region IMO. Of course, this is my subjective take. My other headphones are the Utopia, HD800, and Eikon. All of those have treble which is far more pronounced than the Verite, regardless of what pad we want to discuss.

The Verite is a fundamentally warm headphone that doesn't reach bright...or even approach it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back