ZMF Verite Open
May 14, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #4,246 of 9,561
My blackwood Auteur stopped working in the right driver,

I'm very interrested in the Verite, it sounds like it might be what i'm looking for as my next upgrade. Now i'll be going back and read through this thread.

Being a metal fan, i'm hoping this might add something to my taste, that my Atticus and now dead Auteurs is lacking
ZMF dynamic headphones carry a lifetime warranty for their drivers and 3 years for other parts. Just in case you’re not aware of it.

May 14, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #4,247 of 9,561
Sorry to hear about your Blackwood. Did you reach out to Zach already?
I love my Verite. It was my game ender for my audiophile journey. It took me to the place I had been looking for ever since my first 6xx. Having had them a while now I can see how a one-quiver arsenal isn’t as ideal as having multiple options when switching between genres. Going between Aeolus and Verite clearly demonstrates where both shine, and with very little negative trade-offs. Since you mention metal I will say that is the Verite’s biggest weakness IMO. This is where Aeolus steps in for me. But I will say the VC was even more favorable for metal over the Aeolus. The VC was incredible with metal. The Aeolus is great with metal but even better with rock, hard rock.

Wrote to him a few hours ago, so awaiting response.
I would probably be fine, even if metal was not the Verite's biggest strengh. I do have the Atticus for that, but from what i've been reading about the soundstage, detail and speed of the Verite, it sounds excactly like the qualities i'm looking for. I've been looking at the other brands flagships, but none of them checked all of the boxes of what I was looking for. This might be it.

ZMF dynamic headphones carry a lifetime warranty for their drivers and 3 years for other parts. Just in case you’re not aware of it.

Thanks I might have forgotten about that, that's a nice comfort.

May 14, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #4,248 of 9,561
Wrote to him a few hours ago, so awaiting response.
I would probably be fine, even if metal was not the Verite's biggest strengh. I do have the Atticus for that, but from what i've been reading about the soundstage, detail and speed of the Verite, it sounds excactly like the qualities i'm looking for. I've been looking at the other brands flagships, but none of them checked all of the boxes of what I was looking for. This might be it.

Thanks I might have forgotten about that, that's a nice comfort.

I've got a Blackwood Auteur and a Ziricote Verite Open. Love having both as they give you a different flavor and presentation, while still sounding amazing.

Last edited:
May 14, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #4,249 of 9,561
I've got a Blackwood Auteur and a Ziricote Verite Open. Love having both as they give you a different flavor and presentation, while still sounding amazing.

Which has the wider stage, in your opinion? And do you prefer one over the other? I’ve long thought about adding an Auteur but wonder if it’s redundant since I own the Verite.

May 14, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #4,250 of 9,561

Yep there's no cost for a driver replacement - regardless of what happened etc. 😎

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 14, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #4,251 of 9,561
1589480279162.png

May 14, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,252 of 9,561
Sorry for thread-diverting, but I've looked without real success elsewhere on Headfi and thought there might be some wisdom here - I'll keep it short and if anyone wants to direct me to the correct thread that's much appreciated.

With HDTracks in the UK closing recently, the main retailers for 'audiophile' music are few and far between; those that do still operate all suffer from a similar problem: lack of clear provenance of their sources. Whilst HD tracks offered/offers some sparkling stuff, there's no actual evidence you're getting the genuine transfer. The best site I've come across is ProStudioMasters, who claim to only deal with original studio transfers and master tapes. Unfortunately, PSM is available only to customers in the USA.

A couple of friends in America have told me that PSM is the real deal and they supply top-quality stuff. My question is does anyone know of a similar dealer/retailer available to UK customers?

Many thanks - would love to hear thoughts on this and on anyone's experiences with PSM via PM, so as not to derail the thread.

May 14, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4,253 of 9,561
Sorry for thread-diverting, but I've looked without real success elsewhere on Headfi and thought there might be some wisdom here - I'll keep it short and if anyone wants to direct me to the correct thread that's much appreciated.

With HDTracks in the UK closing recently, the main retailers for 'audiophile' music are few and far between; those that do still operate all suffer from a similar problem: lack of clear provenance of their sources. Whilst HD tracks offered/offers some sparkling stuff, there's no actual evidence you're getting the genuine transfer. The best site I've come across is ProStudioMasters, who claim to only deal with original studio transfers and master tapes. Unfortunately, PSM is available only to customers in the USA.

A couple of friends in America have told me that PSM is the real deal and they supply top-quality stuff. My question is does anyone know of a similar dealer/retailer available to UK customers?

Many thanks - would love to hear thoughts on this and on anyone's experiences with PSM via PM, so as not to derail the thread.
A little "offish" answer from me - a Hugo Mscaler does miracles for me at least with the music quality

May 16, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #4,255 of 9,561
I haven't following this thread much these days and actually haven't been listening to headphones much recently. I've setup and near field listening rig and been amazed at how much speakers have progressed in value since I left 2ch 20 years or so ago!

Now, I fired up my headphone rig again today while listening to Crime of the Century from Supertramp. Oh, yes, I now remember why I like my Verite so much :p

cheers,
arnaud

May 16, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #4,256 of 9,561
Does anyone use the BE2 pads? I bought a new headphone Amp and tried out the BE2 ear pads with it. I was surprised at how much I liked them. Has good clarity in the voice. Bass is slightly diminished. I was previously using the other 3 pads that ZMF has. I will leave the BE2 pads on for awhile.

May 16, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4,257 of 9,561
I haven't following this thread much these days and actually haven't been listening to headphones much recently. I've setup and near field listening rig and been amazed at how much speakers have progressed in value since I left 2ch 20 years or so ago!

Now, I fired up my headphone rig again today while listening to Crime of the Century from Supertramp. Oh, yes, I now remember why I like my Verite so much :p

cheers,
arnaud

What speakers did you go with for your nearfield setup? This is what I am currently working on as well for when I want to more casually listen at my desk. Sometimes fatiguing to wear headphones all day.

May 16, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #4,258 of 9,561
Does anyone use the BE2 pads? I bought a new headphone Amp and tried out the BE2 ear pads with it. I was surprised at how much I liked them. Has good clarity in the voice. Bass is slightly diminished. I was previously using the other 3 pads that ZMF has. I will leave the BE2 pads on for awhile.

I've been using the BE2 pads ever since I got them. I was using the Universe for quite awhile and liked the Verite pads, but they were just a little too shallow for me. I'll go more into detail in my upcoming pad review.

May 16, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #4,259 of 9,561
What speakers did you go with for your nearfield setup? This is what I am currently working on as well for when I want to more casually listen at my desk. Sometimes fatiguing to wear headphones all day.
It might be an obvious statement, but I think budget can make a big difference. I have little experience myself, but maybe @Pharmaboy would like to chime in...I'm tangentially familiar with his search & he's been through a bunch of nearfields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back