ZMF Verite Open
Mar 31, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #3,991 of 9,521
I think It depends also on ear conditions. Sometimes we want listen more and sometimes ears are more tired or what ever. I have definitely days like that.

This is so right. I’ve tried to recreate what happened last night but haven’t been able to today. Don’t get me wrong, these still sound awesome and I love them to death, but I’m unable to get that out of body, holographic surround sound like yesterday, for whatever reason.

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #3,992 of 9,521
At times I am certain it is my mood / state that has as much to do with the experience as my kit
This is so right. I’ve tried to recreate what happened last night but haven’t been able to today
I firmly believe that our mood/attitude/etc. is the most underrated link in our listening chain. How I'm feeling (physical & mental) can have far reaching affects, listening being a prime example.

It might be that "trying" could be getting in the way of enjoyment (of course I could be talking out of my donkey). That being said, my ZMFs have a knack of modifying my mood in the most positive way. It's not a surefire every time thing, but IMO they make a difference for me.

Mar 31, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #3,993 of 9,521
I firmly believe that our mood/attitude/etc. is the most underrated link in our listening chain. How I'm feeling (physical & mental) can have far reaching affects, listening being a prime example.

It might be that "trying" could be getting in the way of enjoyment (of course I could be talking out of my donkey). That being said, my ZMFs have a knack of modifying my mood in the most positive way. It's not a surefire every time thing, but IMO they make a difference for me.
This is so true...a good night sleep and relaxed mind can bring far more enjoyment and musicality then anything else in the chain

Mar 31, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #3,994 of 9,521
Hi!

Looks like I will be joining the Verite club today. :)
And I finally decided to get a big boy tube amp for it - after owning several from Schiit and Woo.
Ther only question left to answer is will my EC Studio Jr arrive with 300B or 2A3s tubes for my Verite?
Plus i like darker cans (except the HEKse) as you can see in the description, so would be nice
to know which tubes will pair with most of my other cans like the Ether 2 the best.

Thanks for your input guys!

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #3,995 of 9,521
So I just received my brand new Verite BE perforated suede pads...but I’m scared to even try them. After last night, I just want a repeat of that experience. And that happened while using my stock Verite perforated leather pads. What to do...
I have those and the Universe perforated suede. They're both excellent. The BE are similar to the Verite lambskin, but I find the Universe suede to give the most 3D experience.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:21 AM Post #3,996 of 9,521
I have those and the Universe perforated suede. They're both excellent. The BE are similar to the Verite lambskin, but I find the Universe suede to give the most 3D experience.

Can you elaborate on the sound differences between the universe perforated suede and the universe perforated leather?

As of right now, I still prefer my Verite perforated leather to my new BE perforated suede.

I want to know if anyone has tried any of the Auteur pads on the Verite open. I’m thinking about trying the Auteur perforated leather.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #3,997 of 9,521

I think you’re right on all points. And the Verite is my favorite headphone to date. I always enjoy them immensely. It’s just that what happened last night with them was magical and I want to experience it again. So I probably tried too hard tonight to get that to happen, just as you said.

Apr 1, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #3,998 of 9,521
Can you elaborate on the sound differences between the universe perforated suede and the universe perforated leather?

As of right now, I still prefer my Verite perforated leather to my new BE perforated suede.

I want to know if anyone has tried any of the Auteur pads on the Verite open. I’m thinking about trying the Auteur perforated leather.
So how do the BE Suede sound in comparison the the Verite Lambskin pads?

Apr 1, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #3,999 of 9,521
So how do the BE Suede sound in comparison the the Verite Lambskin pads?

They soften the sound, add a little more mid bass, recess the upper mids a little, slightly reduce the treble, and slightly increase the soundstage. But the overall effect is that it softens everything up too much for me. They also feel very comfortable, but for me, it’s not worth the sound compromise.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #4,000 of 9,521
This is so right. I’ve tried to recreate what happened last night but haven’t been able to today. Don’t get me wrong, these still sound awesome and I love them to death, but I’m unable to get that out of body, holographic surround sound like yesterday, for whatever reason.
Dirty mains. I used to wonder why my system sounded best at 2 am. It was the mains, living in an apartment, we get 3-4% line distortion. It vanished when I invested in a PS Audi P10.

Apr 1, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #4,001 of 9,521
First minutes of listening.
On my Wa22 with original 6080 power tubes, VTT 99 6sn7 drivers, and a GZ34 Sittard rectifier, on high gain.
Universe Pads.

These are special.
They hit hard, while drawing sharp images, and simultaneously being smooth as silk...
Soundstage is enourmous, front and to the sides as well as behind me, ha! :)

These are the most beautiful and well crafted headphones i have seen so far in this hobby, by a country mile.
Plus they are much lighter and more comfortable then i expected.

(asked it allready but still no answer - 300B or 2A3 tubes for my EC Studio Jr ?)

V1.jpeg
V2.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #4,002 of 9,521
First minutes of listening.
On my Wa22 with original 6080 power tubes, VTT 99 6sn7 drivers, and a GZ34 Sittard rectifier, on high gain.
Universe Pads.

These are special.
They hit hard, while drawing sharp images, and simultaneously being smooth as silk...
Soundstage is enourmous, front and to the sides as well as behind me, ha! :)

These are the most beautiful and well crafted headphones i have seen so far in this hobby, by a country mile.
Plus they are much lighter and more comfortable then i expected.

(asked it allready but still no answer - 300B or 2A3 tubes for my EC Studio Jr ?)

V1.jpegV2.jpeg

Gorgeous headphones! Is that the copper or rose gold grills?

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #4,003 of 9,521
Hello All, have any of you used the Darkvoice OTL with the Verite? Not necessarily with the stock tubes, as I understand they are not worth a damn. Appreciate any thoughts for or against this pairing.
Thank you

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #4,004 of 9,521
Gorgeous headphones! Is that the copper or rose gold grills?

Likewise! :)
Those are the the rosegold grills, the whole headphone changes colors radically depending on angle and lighting.
It's stunning to look at. Oh, and right now the bass is bashing my head in with some house music.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #4,005 of 9,521
Ok,
my preliminary, honeymoon-impressions are as follows, these are:
out of all my kilocans (LCD 2.2 pre-f., Ether 2, Aeon 2, HE1000se, HD800SD, LCD 2 Classic)
the best headphones i have ever owned or heard, by far.

Keep doing whatever it is you are doing Zach.
This is the whole package, simply fantastic, thank you. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back