ZMF Verite Open
Nov 18, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #3,571 of 9,521
Ha, you missed the Suede Perforated Verite pads. Right now my favorite.
I had those on prior to doing this experiment lol, they are pretty awesome on the Verite! I concur with your opinion of them, they just seem to be ever so much better on the Aeolus though for me...might have to order another set of them as well =)

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #3,572 of 9,521
I had those on prior to doing this experiment lol, they are pretty awesome on the Verite! I concur with your opinion of them, they just seem to be ever so much better on the Aeolus though for me...might have to order another set of them as well =)
Was most of your pad swapping on your VO or VC? Now I wish we could get some Hybrid pads for the VO. So far I believe they are non perforated for the VC only?

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #3,573 of 9,521
Was most of your pad swapping on your VO or VC? Now I wish we could get some Hybrid pads for the VO. So far I believe they are non perforated for the VC only?

More Hybrid pads are coming. Zach just had to make sure that they were up to snuff first (which they are), before ordering them for other sets.

Nov 19, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #3,575 of 9,521
Can anyone with the GOTL tell me which configuration they have it in (and what the price was) - and what configuration Zach has it in at meetups?

I'm looking to put together a setup that will last me a lifetime (if there is such a thing) and am considering the Verite with either the Pendant or the GOTL, but would like a little more information on the GOTL - in term of what the upgrades bring, the difference etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #3,576 of 9,521
Can anyone with the GOTL tell me which configuration they have it in (and what the price was) - and what configuration Zach has it in at meetups?

I'm looking to put together a setup that will last me a lifetime (if there is such a thing) and am considering the Verite with either the Pendant or the GOTL, but would like a little more information on the GOTL - in term of what the upgrades bring, the difference etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The one I have has the regular transformers (not Lundahl), tube rectifier, 6 x octal drivers, c3g input option, 6/12/25 volt switch and the 110/240 volt switch.

I don't thing you need the voltage switch for 110/240 unless going to EU, it was very useful when we went for CanJam London!!!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 19, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #3,577 of 9,521
The one I have has the regular transformers (not Lundahl), tube rectifier, 6 x octal drivers, c3g input option, 6/12/25 volt switch and the 110/240 volt switch.

I don't thing you need the voltage switch for 110/240 unless going to EU, it was very useful when we went for CanJam London!!!
Hey Zach - thanks for the reply.

Noob question - I'm in the UK - would I need the switch?

And how would you compare the GOTL pairing with the Verites with your own Pendant?

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #3,578 of 9,521
for the closed, I know the LTD desert ironwood sold out and I’d imagine ZMF wants to get close to completing production of them before announcing a new wood.

I’m guessing the same might hold true for the open.

The Cocobolo is definitely done because it’s gone for the vérité and the Auteur. I would imagine desert wood is gone too cause of how popular it was for the VC.

Thanks for the reply. I wrote to Zach. His reply is there will be a Purple Heart for Verite Open coming soon.... Purple Hearts !!! :L3000:

LTD for Verite Close is not available at the moment. The next batch will be a works in progress. Maybe it's Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts?

Nov 20, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #3,579 of 9,521
Thanks for the reply. I wrote to Zach. His reply is there will be a Purple Heart for Verite Open coming soon.... Purple Hearts !!! :L3000:

LTD for Verite Close is not available at the moment. The next batch will be a works in progress. Maybe it's Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts?

Or Norwegian Wood???

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #3,581 of 9,521
Has anyone had any experience with the Feliks Euforia and the Verites? I'd love to hear from anyone if so - and so as not to derail the thread too much would be happy to continue in PM. I'm going back and forth between the GOTL, the Pendant, and the Euforia - and would appreciate any experiences anyone can share. Thanks in advance - it's hard to find any reviews of the pair online.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #3,583 of 9,521
Just when I get my budget in check, Zach goes and releases my dream Verite variant. Going to be really hard to not snag that purple heart Verite. Thinking some brass grills and rods...time to go beg forgiveness from the wife.

Regardless, the Verite Open is a joy to listen to. After 3 months, I'm still so in love with the sound. Paired with the ALO Audio Studio Six, it's all that I ask for in this Head-Fi hobby.

Mine is the Pheasant Wood LTD.

Nov 22, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #3,585 of 9,521
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back