ZMF Verite Open
Jun 15, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #2,176 of 9,521
This just in!!!

ad_lakers.0.jpg

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Jun 16, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #2,177 of 9,521
I received my ziricote Verite yesterday. :) I’m burning it in 24/7 but it sounds spectacular after only 18 hours. I’m using my Norne Silvergarde S3 balanced cable out of my Luxman P700u to drive them. This headphone checks all my boxes; soundstage and imaging, tonality, dynamics, speed and resolution. No listener fatigue and it’s comfortable too. Not to mention it looks great!

upload_2019-6-16_11-36-5.jpeg

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #2,178 of 9,521
Having 3 different zmf headphones (verite, auteur, aeolus), 8 different sets of pads (auteur lamb/suede, eikon lamb/suede, universe lamb/suede, verite lamb, be2 lamb), and four different cables (stock flat, ofc upgrade, atmos-c, verite silver), I am overwhelmed by the number of possibilities that I can mix and match!: 3*8*4 = 96 omg. :astonished:

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #2,179 of 9,521
Quick question for anyone who has gotten an upgrade cable for these cans (specifically from Double Helix, either the Complement4 or the Prion4). Do you consider it a noticeable upgrade from the Verite cable? I ask because a fully speced out Verite cable at about 6’ is close to $800 while the same cable from DH for a Complement4 is like $1100. Wondering if its worth making the jump. Thanks to anyone for any insight (and yes I know the cable is the very lowest rung for the upmost 1% of detail).

Jun 16, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #2,180 of 9,521
I currently alternate a DHC Prion4 between my Verite and LCD-4. In fact it was Zach who introduced me to the Prion4. The Prion4 elevates every aspect of a headphones sound signature. Everything is more controlled and transparent with no glare on the top end. I cannot speak to the Complement4. The problem with the DHC is twofold: Expense-as you have noted the price of the Complement, the price of a 6' Prion4 would be close to 2 1/2 times that plus $500 for a 1/4 adapter if needed. Patience: Be prepared for up to a 6 month lead time with next to no communication. You pay your money and wait. That being said the workmanship is superlative. I love mine and Zach loves his.

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,181 of 9,521
yes I know the cable is the very lowest rung for the upmost 1% of detail

I'd suggest you be sure that you invested enough for the upstream before diving into cables. Verite is very resolving and scaling. Optimal amp as well as dac could require a lot of money depending on what you seek. And synergy and balance always matter. I don't disagree with $$$ cables. But I strongly believe such things could be more meaningful after completely settling on core parts of upstream.

Plus, from a mild (as opposed to hardcore) cable believer's perspective, verite silver is already pretty awesome for verite. I can't imagine any night-and-day incremental improvements over it.

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,182 of 9,521
I currently alternate a DHC Prion4 between my Verite and LCD-4. In fact it was Zach who introduced me to the Prion4. The Prion4 elevates every aspect of a headphones sound signature. Everything is more controlled and transparent with no glare on the top end. I cannot speak to the Complement4. The problem with the DHC is twofold: Expense-as you have noted the price of the Complement, the price of a 6' Prion4 would be close to 2 1/2 times that plus $500 for a 1/4 adapter if needed. Patience: Be prepared for up to a 6 month lead time with next to no communication. You pay your money and wait. That being said the workmanship is superlative. I love mine and Zach loves his.

Thanks for your insight! Do you feel like the Prion4 would add too much weight to the Verite especially the Ziricote?

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,183 of 9,521
That is probably a question I cannot answer for you. I do all my listening in bed making the weight of the cable and headphones (LCD-4 is really heavy) mostly irrelevant.

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #2,184 of 9,521
Thanks for your insight! Do you feel like the Prion4 would add too much weight to the Verite especially the Ziricote?

When I read this,I was thinking in terms of the tone,not to the weight of the headphone itself.

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #2,185 of 9,521
When I read this,I was thinking in terms of the tone,not to the weight of the headphone itself.

I ask because the Ziricote is probably gonna be the one I get just based on looks (not tone) and it adds an additional 50-60 grams. A big bulky cable could impact what I ultimately end up with. Dont want to end up with another LCD on my hands haha

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #2,186 of 9,521
Personally I think the weight of the Verite is very well distributed,and I find it to be quite comfortable.

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #2,187 of 9,521
Personally I think the weight of the Verite is very well distributed,and I find it to be quite comfortable.

Yeah I mean weight usually isnt a big deal for me I had the LCD2s, Atticus and Elears which were all quite heavy but looking to kee the weight down this time unless the tonewood compensates for it (mainly in the bass would be my drawing factor to it). Is the Ziricote supposed to better for that since its a denser tonewood?

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #2,188 of 9,521
Yeah I mean weight usually isnt a big deal for me I had the LCD2s, Atticus and Elears which were all quite heavy but looking to kee the weight down this time unless the tonewood compensates for it (mainly in the bass would be my drawing factor to it). Is the Ziricote supposed to better for that since its a denser tonewood?

Typically, a more dense wood will be heavier than a less dense wood. Also, lighter woods (very generally speaking) will not be as "fast", and probably be a "warmer" signature overall. How much difference it makes for the Verite, I cannot personally disclose. I have the silkwood.
With that said, the Verite is very light compared to my Eikon (cocobolo). Very noticeably lighter.
EDIT: Also, keep in mind that you can switch out the pads, which can give a different audio presentation. So there's always that factor to consider as well. In the end, I'm not sure the weight difference will be that significant from one wood to the next.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #2,189 of 9,521
With that said, the Verite is very light compared to my Eikon (cocobolo). Very noticeably lighter.

Same. It seems much lighter than my Atticus.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2,190 of 9,521

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back