ZMF Verite Closed vs Auteur Classic
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 17
Well I may be in minority but somehow my VC works better with SS that I have. Killer pairing with my DSHA-3F. However on my OTL, EC ZDS, I enjoy Atrium open more then VC.
But go with VC if speed, impact is what you are looking for with bigger headstage. Lot of Pad option to alter the sound a bit.
VO is sublime on the DSHA-3F, so the VC should be as well.

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #17 of 17
Can’t speak about the Auteur Classic but I own an ambrosia maple Auteur OG along with a monkeypod Verité Closed.

I think the Verité would complement you HD800 better. I know the classic model has improved on technicalities in comparison to the OG but both share that neutral/slightly bright signature (albeit with the full-bodied ZMF house sound) which may overlap with your Sennheisers.

The Verité has a warmer sound but are a clear step forward in terms of resolution and speed. Even after all the improvements, the biodyna driver still has some technical limitations next to the beryllium coated one. Midbass packs a punch, though not as much as Atrium or Atticus.

I would try these before purchasing if possible, as their tuning might be a little polarizing as in one of those love it or hate it situations. There’s also this slight cup reverb effect, more noticeable with softer woods, which some might find annoying (but I love it).

I would also take into consideration the Atrium open model as you won’t miss the large headstage coming from the HD800s and those kick like a mule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back