ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 3, 2024 at 9:13 PM Post #12,346 of 12,522
Unfortunately, I've had hyperacusis in one of my ears over two months, and I haven't been able to listen to any headphones. :disappointed:
You and me are quite the couple, ain't we?!
Feel better bro

Mar 3, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #12,347 of 12,522
Mar 3, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #12,348 of 12,522
Pads are effected by HRTF, so some users will find different results from that alone. I've noticed this seems more common in regards to Universe vs Eikon/Auteur pads (same dimensions, but different sized ear cavity), which have a significant pad angle difference. Your gear chain can also be a factor as well.

The VC was my first pad review, and not all of the pads were available when I completed it. I was planning to revisit that write-up and add some additional pads. Unfortunately, I've had hyperacusis in one of my ears over two months, and I haven't been able to listen to any headphones. :disappointed:
Hope your ear clears up soon!

Mar 4, 2024 at 12:42 AM Post #12,349 of 12,522
Is there anyone in here who has owned the VO and the VC?

I love the VC but I hear the VO is much warmer. Kinda curious if its worth to have both.

Mar 4, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #12,350 of 12,522
I love both. The VO is a bit more laid back compared to the VC.

I have weird ears, but I actually found that when it came to the similarities in frequency response between the open and closed in the lineup, it was actually swapped:
  • Verite Open ~ Atrium Closed
    • Mids take a step back, more airiness in the treble, sub-bass focused.
  • Atrium Open ~ Verite Closed
    • Overall, a bit more linear. Mids are the star of the show. Mid-bass focused.
This is overly generalized, and just how my ears hear it. When it comes to timbre, texture, and transients, that’s where the similarities are strongest between the VO to VC and AO to AC.

I’m not at all saying that the above are identical in their tuning… because they’re not.

Coming from the VC, it’s obvious that the VO shares its DNA. But, you should expect it to be a tad more laid back in its tuning. However, Zach did some voodoo which allows the VO to be smooth, laidback, yet exciting and engaging all at the same time. I get this same vibe with the AC.

The VO is one of the GOATs, IMO. 🐐

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #12,351 of 12,522
I love both. The VO is a bit more laid back compared to the VC.

I have weird ears, but I actually found that when it came to the similarities in frequency response between the open and closed in the lineup, it was actually swapped:
  • Verite Open ~ Atrium Closed
    • Mids take a step back, more airiness in the treble, sub-bass focused.
  • Atrium Open ~ Verite Closed
    • Overall, a bit more linear. Mids are the star of the show. Mid-bass focused.
This is overly generalized, and just how my ears hear it. When it comes to timbre, texture, and transients, that’s where the similarities are strongest between the VO to VC and AO to AC.

I’m not at all saying that the above are identical in their tuning… because they’re not.

Coming from the VC, it’s obvious that the VO shares its DNA. But, you should expect it to be a tad more laid back in its tuning. However, Zach did some voodoo which allows the VO to be smooth, laidback, yet exciting and engaging all at the same time. I get this same vibe with the AC.

The VO is one of the GOATs, IMO. 🐐
This is cool to hear.

The Atrium is my fave of the ZMF lineup, I however did not really love the AC. I think it was largely because of how much time I spent with AOs. I missed the expansiveness of the open back that made me feel the AC fell short in that regard. ( I know it’s closed but it really made a difference haha.)

It’s always made me curious about VO in that I feel like I would appreciate it more than VC. At the time I got VC isolation was needed, but now that’s change I kinda wish I had the VO to compare haha.

Mar 4, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #12,352 of 12,522
This is cool to hear.

The Atrium is my fave of the ZMF lineup, I however did not really love the AC. I think it was largely because of how much time I spent with AOs. I missed the expansiveness of the open back that made me feel the AC fell short in that regard. ( I know it’s closed but it really made a difference haha.)

It’s always made me curious about VO in that I feel like I would appreciate it more than VC. At the time I got VC isolation was needed, but now that’s change I kinda wish I had the VO to compare haha.
I bought the VC first because I thought of them as fixed VO. Now as I have both, I preffer VO more. But It sure depends on genres you listen to. VO are great for jazz, classical and acoustic music, VC for electronic.
VO does have expansive soundstage, VC soundtage is great for closed back, but in comparsion its still limited.
VO for me does have more ballanced open sound (I dont hear the 3 khz dip at my setup with BE2 perf leather pads)
VO does have better subbass and bass quality - this was unexpected.
I think VO is underrated.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #12,353 of 12,522
I think VO is underrated.

I think the development of Dynamic Driver is really slow after 2018. Not much to say when it comes to TOTL Dynamic Driver headphone from other companies (except Utopia 2022).

For DD and for the price, from other brands there is nothing beat VO indeed.

There are other options like Grado GS3000x that actually for me the best modern Grado ever, but it's genre limited with "very" specific sound tuning. There are also some offerings from Spirit Torino such Pulsar and Valkyria, but comes with much much much higher price tag.

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #12,354 of 12,522
For DD and for the price, from other brands there is nothing beat VO indeed.

There are other options like Grado GS3000x that actually for me the best modern Grado ever, but it's genre limited with "very" specific sound tuning.
With which genres does the GS3000x excel?

Mar 4, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #12,356 of 12,522
Is there anyone in here who has owned the VO and the VC?

I love the VC but I hear the VO is much warmer. Kinda curious if its worth to have both.

I had both the VO and VC at same time, on Violectric and ZMF Pendant ( long time ago ), for me the VC with the Universe Hybrid Pad and the Universe Pads has this magic in the stage and music that no other Headphone has and this is absolutly unic!

Mar 4, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #12,357 of 12,522
• I own Verite Open (LTD Stabilised Green) and Verite Closed (LTD Ziricote). I truly enjoy both and prefer Verite Closed.
E0D95099-B8C0-4AFD-88CF-3869CD7F3BD6.jpeg
• With the OTL Woo Audio WA3 (tubes: Cetron 7236, pair Brimar CV455 'Footscray 1956') and with Norne Audio Vykari headphone cable, VC has tremendous air, detail, dynamics, impact & impeccable tonal balance. VC does not sound like a closed-back headphone! A 'go to' headphone.
• EDIT: Now 🎼🙂🎶 to the sound of
B2F07D96-AE27-4D62-8EC2-9DE79A8B1892.jpeg
[Salsoul Records: 1975.] VC takes care of business!

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #12,359 of 12,522
• I own Verite Open (LTD Stabilised Green) and Verite Closed (LTD Ziricote). I truly enjoy both and prefer Verite Closed. E0D95099-B8C0-4AFD-88CF-3869CD7F3BD6.jpeg• With the OTL Woo Audio WA3 (tubes: Cetron 7236, pair Brimar CV455 'Footscray 1956') and with Norne Audio Vykari headphone cable, VC has tremendous air, detail, dynamics, impact & impeccable tonal balance. VC does not sound like a closed-back headphone! A 'go to' headphone.
• EDIT: Now 🎼🙂🎶 to the sound of B2F07D96-AE27-4D62-8EC2-9DE79A8B1892.jpeg[Salsoul Records: 1975.] VC takes care of business!
The Salsoul Orchestra....now there's something I havent heard about in about 40+ years!

Mar 5, 2024 at 2:25 AM Post #12,360 of 12,522
The Auteur Hybrid pads arrived today and they absolutely take the VC to whole new level. For me personally, they are hands down better than all the other pads I've tried.
You don't say...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back