ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 21, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #6,646 of 12,522
"Your ZMF is being assembled! Your cups are finally ready for assembly! That means it's time to go through the process of turning them into headphones! At this stage - your headphones will take 1-2 weeks to get through assembly, and then will be in line for QC. This process can take some time" ..Not much longer guys... hold on....
Hope to hear something soon from mine!! Excitement keeps rising!

Jun 21, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #6,647 of 12,522
"Your ZMF is being assembled! Your cups are finally ready for assembly! That means it's time to go through the process of turning them into headphones! At this stage - your headphones will take 1-2 weeks to get through assembly, and then will be in line for QC. This process can take some time" ..Not much longer guys... hold on....
Congrats!!! Hopefully they’ll update mine soon as well.

When did you order it originally?

Jun 21, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #6,649 of 12,522
4/10 is when I ordered them. It's almost at the 12 week mark. I was hoping they'd arrive by the fourth of July. Guess not.
Those emails are not a good indication of where your order is within the production cycle. My last two ZMF orders, both this year, skipped multiple steps and shipped. My Auteur went from either sanding or assembly to being shipped, and my Aeolus went from sanding to shipped, then a few days after I got my shipping notice, I got a notice saying they were now in assembly haha. There's still hope for the 4th for you

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #6,650 of 12,522
Those emails are not a good indication of where your order is within the production cycle. My last two ZMF orders, both this year, skipped multiple steps and shipped. My Auteur went from either sanding or assembly to being shipped, and my Aeolus went from sanding to shipped, then a few days after I got my shipping notice, I got a notice saying they were now in assembly haha. There's still hope for the 4th for you
Not so sure about that in this case. This recent update came in after I sent an email a few days prior, inquiring about the status of the order. Either way it's fine. I've waited this long. What's another 3 weeks.

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #6,651 of 12,522
Not so sure about that in this case. This recent update came in after I sent an email a few days prior, inquiring about the status of the order. Either way it's fine. I've waited this long. What's another 3 weeks.

I also received an update today (sanding stage for me), so maybe it was just the day they decided to update their system.

Jun 21, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #6,653 of 12,522
Thinking about ordering these for isolation. Has anyone tried these and the Aeon 2? Which isolated outside noise better?
I have not, but I have been listening more to a pair of ie300 (iems) and I am surprised that these isolate better than the IEMs. Sorry I can't help with your direct question. I also will say I am assuming you don't have glasses. With glasses (mine or kind of thick) it breaks the seal too much and isolation is moderate.

Jun 21, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #6,654 of 12,522
Thinking about ordering these for isolation. Has anyone tried these and the Aeon 2? Which isolated outside noise better?
I had the Aeon 2 for a bit at the same time as my VC. With full leather pads they are comparable. I mostly use hybrid Auteur pads which does decrease the isolation a little bit.

Still have trouble hearing someone trying to get my attention with moderate volume music.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #6,656 of 12,522
Devastated, after 2 years of ownership I managed to scuff my beautiful Ironwood Verite Closed moving house:sob:

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:10 AM Post #6,657 of 12,522
Devastated, after 2 years of ownership I managed to scuff my beautiful Ironwood Verite Closed moving house:sob:
Contact Zach for advice, would be my advice.

A scuffed finish can often be touched up so you don't even notice it. It might be as simple as cleaning the affected area and using paste wax or a polish to hide the scuffing. Chances are very good that Zach knows what's best, so ask. =)

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:16 AM Post #6,658 of 12,522
Sorry to hear this. They look so beautiful that you hate to get any scuffs.
Maybe Zach will have an idea of something to tub the scuff out of the wood, or at least make it less noticeable.

I am pretty anal about scuffs too and unless I am taking a pic, my headphones never even get laid on a desk or anything...always on a headphone stand...hoping to
minimize the chance of them getting dinged ect.

Hopefully you can find something to rub it out for the most part.

ProFalkin...beat me to it :)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #6,659 of 12,522
Thanks both, I have already made contact so fingers crossed it is possible to reduce them a bit.

Realistically they are only very minor but it triggers my OCD that they aren't perfect anymore...

At least they still sound fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back