ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jun 23, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #6,676 of 12,522
Anybody received their set of VC’s in Sapele yet? I’d like to see how they’re looking in this batch. The stock photos look great, and I remember how nice the wood was when I had a Sapele Aeolus a couple years back.

Jun 24, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #6,678 of 12,522
Well after a few emails to get a new set of rods for my Auteur, I was also informed by Zach that my Olive VC is in Final Assembly, so very excited for the upcoming weeks!

Jun 24, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #6,680 of 12,522
Got my Canephora stabilized VC…they look great and sound even better 😀

C3482107-6F3D-462E-8D84-3A283D9EF06D.jpeg

Jun 25, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #6,683 of 12,522
Jun 27, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #6,684 of 12,522
I have a rad0 and elex so I’m good for open backs. I’ve been considering stellia and vc for months. I think I’ve decided on the vc. The deciding factors are the larger soundstage and the fact the drivers have a lifetime warranty. The pro for the stellia was it is more portable but then I don’t think I’d take a near 3k headphone out of the house much!

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #6,686 of 12,522
I have a rad0 and elex so I’m good for open backs. I’ve been considering stellia and vc for months. I think I’ve decided on the vc. The deciding factors are the larger soundstage and the fact the drivers have a lifetime warranty. The pro for the stellia was it is more portable but then I don’t think I’d take a near 3k headphone out of the house much!
You’d be surprised how often I take my Auteur out, it’s really fun to listen to especially when out on a walk.

Jun 27, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #6,687 of 12,522
I had the stellia for the same reason but came to the same conclusion. Stellias are absolutely great headphones though. In the end though I wanted something more unique that sounded 'bigger'.

Jun 27, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #6,688 of 12,522
I very briefly had the Stellia, and they sounded great!! But I decided they weren’t for me, mainly because of the leather. It stains easily - while that can add character, some of the used Stellias have awful looking headbands because of it, and I felt I would be too worried about damaging the leather (given the price) and wouldn’t use it as much. That may not be a factor for a lot of folks though! In the end I went with VC because of the wider soundstage, and because they seem more durable and repairable should any damage occur.

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #6,689 of 12,522
Well... here they are :D I'm about as handy with a camera as a 007 foe with a gun... tried to do them justice with my phone but will have to get my gf to give it a go with her camera sometime. Massive thanks to Zach and Aamer from Acorn Audio. Second to none experience all the way through from initial message to delivery. These weigh 490g, and are super comfortable. I'll leave more detailed impressions for later but from my short time with them this evening, I can say that they are incredible.

With some of my better headphones I've heard little subtle things I had not heard previously... well with these it seems like every track has had some glaringly obvious part that I have repeatedly overlooked, it's insane! I had my eyes close and was getting dizzy, and literally had to open my eyes and take a breather! Sounds like hyperbole, but I'm sure other VC owners out there will continue to pour in with similar claims, following mine and earlier reviews from others who got in early. 100% recommended!
I am floored by how good these look. And the symmetry! These were 'Ash'? Was this a Limited run?

Jun 27, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #6,690 of 12,522
I am floored by how good these look. And the symmetry! These were 'Ash'? Was this a Limited run?
Those are definitely ash. I have ash VC’s as well, and while mine aren’t perfectly symmetrical like these, I love the look. Mine are red-stained ash, and I look at them all the time and feel lucky to have snagged such a rare piece of ZMF art!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back