ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 2, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #5,041 of 12,521
I just got my VC today but my SMSL SU-8/SH-8 stack drives them really nicely via the balanced output.
Since I actually look towards the budget-friendly JDS Atom Stack, I think this SMSL combo worth some attention... Especially if considering going balanced... Thanks!

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #5,042 of 12,521
Since I actually look towards the budget-friendly JDS Atom Stack, I think this SMSL combo worth some attention... Especially if considering going balanced... Thanks!
Probably worth considering the Schiit Magnius/Modius stack as well; I think it puts out more power, but it didn't exist when I got my SMSL stack. Also I hate hate hate that Schiit puts their power switches on the backs of their units.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #5,043 of 12,521
Probably worth considering the Schiit Magnius/Modius stack as well; I think it puts out more power, but it didn't exist when I got my SMSL stack. Also I hate hate hate that Schiit puts their power switches on the backs of their units.
Yeah, putting their power switches on the back is a deal breaker for me too.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #5,044 of 12,521
Yeah, putting their power switches on the back is a deal breaker for me too.
According to a rumor, on future Schiit DACs and other low-power devices, there will be no power switch at all. (1)

Jason Stoddard said: "We don't use power switches on most of our solid-state gear. We don't think you should use them 'em either. It's a nuisance reaching to the back of gear in a rack to find the switch. And we're tired of hearing the carping about this. So we're taking out the power switches, which just makes our products that much more reliable, and enforces what we think is best practice usage. It's a win-win-win." (2)

- - -
(1) I'm making one up, just in case one doesn't already exist. It's not worth doing research on this.
(2) Per an insider report I found on the internet by George Washington, patriot/founder/farmer/audiophile. Seems legit.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #5,045 of 12,521
According to a rumor, on future Schiit DACs and other low-power devices, there will be no power switch at all. (1)

Jason Stoddard said: "We don't use power switches on most of our solid-state gear. We don't think you should use them 'em either. It's a nuisance reaching to the back of gear in a rack to find the switch. And we're tired of hearing the carping about this. So we're taking out the power switches, which just makes our products that much more reliable, and enforces what we think is best practice usage. It's a win-win-win." (2)

- - -
(1) I'm making one up, just in case one doesn't already exist. It's not worth doing research on this.
(2) Per an insider report I found on the internet by George Washington, patriot/founder/farmer/audiophile. Seems legit.
Sounds like good news for future Schiit users!

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #5,046 of 12,521
IMG_0886.jpg

These dudes love tubes a lot.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #5,048 of 12,521
Finally took a few pictures:
9FA61FFE-A87F-4EFA-8C2B-B295A71D2F22.jpegD7C59591-822F-4625-9983-7A4D38EBD996.jpeg
VC are Zebrawood and I believe the Pendant is Rosewood. Desk is live edge Claro Walnut.
Lovely. Nuff said.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #5,049 of 12,521
My suede strap and Universal Hybrid pads arrived today. The comfort levels were pretty good before but now, damn! It is like having a soft cuddly pillow enveloping your head.

Mar 3, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #5,051 of 12,521
Glad to see these Stabilized VCs coming in! Just means round 3 of Stabilized VCs are around the corner. Can't wait to see more of Zach creations.

Mar 3, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #5,052 of 12,521
I just received my WyWires platinum cable today and look forward to hearing how it sounds with the VC. I have been using the ZMF Lektrik S 4 Strand which I purchased with the headphones and have enjoyed it very much. WyWires 40% off sale made it a hard deal to pass up.
Any update on your WyWire platinum Headphone cable? I found it to be a revelation with the VC. It was my first experience with Carbon Graphene cables and I have now switched my interconnects between my TT2 and Eddie current ZDS to the WyWire platinum RCA. It was a remarkable improvement over the very good Acoustic Zen silver Ref2 cables.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #5,053 of 12,521
Proud owner of the VC Inerro! I attached a picture, but my cheap camera doesn't do these justice.

First impressions are very positive. They look and feel like a premium headphone. The right cup has a nice holographic type look. There are horizontal lines that make the wood appear rippled and wavy, yet it is completely smooth when touched.

Still too new to post sound impressions, but so far they are great! I think these VCs are with me for the long haul!

side note - I ordered a B-stock Salire and am impressed by ZMF's QC standard. The only mark I noticed is underneath the base, so it appears flawless.

Attachments

• 20210301_135159.jpg
    20210301_135159.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210303_142641.jpg
    20210303_142641.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 3, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #5,054 of 12,521
Any update on your WyWire platinum Headphone cable? I found it to be a revelation with the VC. It was my first experience with Carbon Graphene cables and I have now switched my interconnects between my TT2 and Eddie current ZDS to the WyWire platinum RCA. It was a remarkable improvement over the very good Acoustic Zen silver Ref2 cables.
The cable is remarkable. I knew cables can make a difference but the detail and soundstage are now at a new level. The headphones sound warmer, the vocals have moved more forward and the soundstage has a more holographic sound. I am not a critical listener but I am hearing things in the music I had not heard before. Next to tube rolling, this cable has made the second greatest impact in my chain. Now on the other side, if the recording is not good you can really hear why as it magnifies the issues. Money well spent, and at 40% off, I would recommend the cable to all VC owners as a major upgrade.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #5,055 of 12,521
Proud owner of the VC Inerro! I attached a picture, but my cheap camera doesn't do these justice.

First impressions are very positive. They look and feel like a premium headphone. The right cup has a nice holographic type look. There are horizontal lines that make the wood appear rippled and wavy, yet it is completely smooth when touched.

Still too new to post sound impressions, but so far they are great! I think these VCs are with me for the long haul!

side note - I ordered a B-stock Salire and am impressed by ZMF's QC standard. The only mark I noticed is underneath the base, so it appears flawless.
It’s amazing the difference between seeing a pic of a stabilized pair and seeing them in person

Users who are viewing this thread

Back