ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 3, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #5,056 of 12,522
The cable is remarkable. I knew cables can make a difference but the detail and soundstage are now at a new level. The headphones sound warmer, the vocals have moved more forward and the soundstage has a more holographic sound. I am not a critical listener but I am hearing things in the music I had not heard before. Next to tube rolling, this cable has made the second greatest impact in my chain. Now on the other side, if the recording is not good you can really hear why as it magnifies the issues. Money well spent, and at 40% off, I would recommend the cable to all VC owners as a major upgrade.
Is it 40% off the website price of $599? Or is that the discounted price?

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #5,057 of 12,522
You get the discount in your cart off of $599 if you keep the cable at 5 feet. I also asked Alex if he could make mine in black and he was happy to do so. Thought white would get dirty over time.

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #5,058 of 12,522

You get 40% off the cable no matter what the length, the discount is applied at checkout. My cable is black, I did not make any special request for the color change.

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #5,059 of 12,522
Listening to Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome (whole album not the specific song) and the semi operatic nature of the vocal in combination with the dark grinding backing music pair so well with the VC. You get all the impact at the same time as the magical 3Dness. Working from home isn't all bad right? Only problem is the music is too distracting!

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #5,062 of 12,522
Listening to Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome (whole album not the specific song) and the semi operatic nature of the vocal in combination with the dark grinding backing music pair so well with the VC. You get all the impact at the same time as the magical 3Dness. Working from home isn't all bad right? Only problem is the music is too distracting!
I’ve been listening to my entire Dire Staits collection with these. Hadn’t played more than the occasional track for years, but somehow the VCs just really work.

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #5,063 of 12,522
I’ve been listening to my entire Dire Staits collection with these. Hadn’t played more than the occasional track for years, but somehow the VCs just really work.
Okay. Good idea. Brothers in Arms and Sultans of Swing. I am going to listen now.

Mar 5, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #5,064 of 12,522
Okay. Good idea. Brothers in Arms and Sultans of Swing. I am going to listen now.
At some point they were all remastered and if you have tidal you can hear the whole set.

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #5,066 of 12,522
Great band...too bad they could not have made more albums...got to love Mark!

Mar 5, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #5,067 of 12,522
Great band...too bad they could not have made more albums...got to love Mark!
His solo stuff is good. A friend looks after his studio and he has some awesome vintage recording equipment there.

Mar 5, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #5,068 of 12,522
His solo stuff is good. A friend looks after his studio and he has some awesome vintage recording equipment there.
Yeah, I like some of his solo stuff too...but not as much as Dire Straits stuff.

Mar 5, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #5,069 of 12,522
If y'all like Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler you should listen to the Princess Bride soundtrack, which he did.

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #5,070 of 12,522
Absolutely adore them. Saw them live once, amazing!
I read somewhere that Mark Knopfler was a stickler for details and you can certainly hear it in his live concert recordings. Very high quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back