ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 12, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #4,877 of 12,522
hello, I need help.I have verite closed not at home yet.I want order cabel from Forza audio,but I dont know how xlr mini looks I dont know which ending shold I choos.I know it is stupid but ...help me anybody?
For the headphone connection you’d choose the Audeze LCD Series option as that is mini xlr and fits ZMF.

Feb 12, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #4,878 of 12,522
hello, I need help.I have verite closed not at home yet.I want order cabel from Forza audio,but I dont know how xlr mini looks I dont know which ending shold I choos.I know it is stupid but ...help me anybody?
Here is a picture of the options you will be seeking from the ZMF site. The mini-xlr is the 3rd from the left and when you look into the connector, it is female with 4 pins. This is the headphone side of the cable

For the source side, you can pick 6.3mm, 2.5mm balanced, 3.5mm single end, 4.4mm balanced or 4-pin xlr. I prefer 4-pin xlr because then you can use the same cable interchangeably with multiple sources.

8x8_ZMFProprietary_5d77dc44-545e-43ec-bba2-1159925b1a0e_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #4,879 of 12,522
Nice 👍 what's your signal chain and amp just out of int? @JL3001

Right now the JDS Element 2 as I explore tube options. The sources are my own files and some Tidal.

borrowed a pair of Be lamb skin pads that hopefully show up next week. Looking foreward to seeing how they compare to the universe pads (which I prefer to the Auteur pads)

Let me know how the Be Lambs are... Thinking I might pick them up for my next pad option.

Still enjoying the universe hybrids, though I may have to switch away from them eventually because one of my ears gets pushed up against the driver sometimes.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #4,881 of 12,522
Will there ever be a pad that ever slightly warms them compared to the Universe? Are newer pads warmer than worn-in or vice versa? Any ideas of any small mods that might drop a decibel or two from upper mids and/or add one or two to the bass?

Maybe try EQ

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #4,882 of 12,522
Any recommendations for compact amp/dac setups that pair well with the VC? I want to get mine set up for bedtime listening and just have a small nightstand next to the bed. I have an ifi hip dac right now but I'm sure I can do better, and I want to keep the overall sound balanced.

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #4,885 of 12,522
Will there ever be a pad that ever slightly warms them compared to the Universe? Are newer pads warmer than worn-in or vice versa? Any ideas of any small mods that might drop a decibel or two from upper mids and/or add one or two to the bass?

If you haven't tried it the auteur Hybrid or universe hybrid pads may be what you'd want. The suede front makes the "bite" in the upper mids a little less while retaining the character and overall the suede, while not making the headphone bassier, does have the illusion of warmth because everything is a little smoother.

Any recommendations for compact amp/dac setups that pair well with the VC? I want to get mine set up for bedtime listening and just have a small nightstand next to the bed. I have an ifi hip dac right now but I'm sure I can do better, and I want to keep the overall sound balanced.

Seconded! Hugo 2 is great!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #4,886 of 12,522
I loved my VO with the Hugo 2 & iFi Micro Black, and the Hugo 2 with the VC (had sold the iFi before those arrived) so both are excellent options.

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #4,887 of 12,522
@DeweyCH, to add to the discussion about using 6BX7's with a crack/crackatwoa, you can try a single or dual 6BX7 configuration in the amp (with an adapter). But be aware that you can only use one 12AU7 tube when you use a pair of 6BX7/6BL7's in the crack due to the transformer's current rating (maximum 3.5A RMS).

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #4,889 of 12,522
My nightstand solution is a Chord Mojo/poly. I use it with my HD600s which pair wonderfully. I haven't tried it with my VC yet, but I am sure it will be able to drive them. I am just not sure how it sounds. If you like, I'll test it for you to let you know how I hear them.

I do use a Hugo 2 as one of my desktop systems for listening to my VC. I use it to give my tube amp a rest and for EQ since it connects to my laptop so easily. I can confirm that it sounds great and would be a great bedtime solution. But, it may be too pricey for that use case.

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #4,890 of 12,522
My nightstand solution is a Chord Mojo/poly. I use it with my HD600s which pair wonderfully. I haven't tried it with my VC yet, but I am sure it will be able to drive them. I am just not sure how it sounds. If you like, I'll test it for you to let you know how I hear them.

I do use a Hugo 2 as one of my desktop systems for listening to my VC. I use it to give my tube amp a rest and for EQ since it connects to my laptop so easily. I can confirm that it sounds great and would be a great bedtime solution. But, it may be too pricey for that use case.

Thanks, I would appreciate it if you could give the Mojo/Poly a test with your VC! I was looking at the Mojo earlier, as yes the Hugo is more than I'm willing to spend for what essentially will be a secondary setup. I will check out some of the other iFi recommendations as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back