ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 24, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #3,303 of 12,586
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #3,304 of 12,586
Whoops! I forgot to alter the weight from the Leopardwood run. Amended, they are just a touch heavier than monkeypod and usually around 490g.
It's alright, Zach, I'm used to my Audeze LCD-XC. Almost every other headphone feels light in comparison. :joy:

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #3,305 of 12,586
Those VC Camphor Burl LTD looks amazing. I cant wait till Zach ships mine....hopefully next week.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #3,306 of 12,586
Those VC Camphor Burl LTD looks amazing. I cant wait till Zach ships mine....hopefully next week.

If you ordered one already chances are good, we have about 10 in assembly.

Many stock sets going out as well.

Stabilized we are also just starting a small batch, probably 2-4 weeks away from having the first couple on the website.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #3,307 of 12,586
Those Camphor Burl VC are bad a$$ beautiful!

Jul 24, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #3,308 of 12,586
If you ordered one already chances are good, we have about 10 in assembly.

Many stock sets going out as well.

Stabilized we are also just starting a small batch, probably 2-4 weeks away from having the first couple on the website.

I ordered mine as soon as you released the camphor verite open, about 5 weeks ago

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #3,309 of 12,586
I just placed my order for the new ltd burl. Now to remain patient while I await delivery.

Jul 24, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #3,310 of 12,586
Well, just an update on the recent addition of the VC Ironwoods. I am really enjoying the sound now. What a great set of headphones. I had to move up from the flat stock cable, and play with output options on the RME, but the sound is really well defined now, with good soundstage, instrument separation, tonal balance, solid tight bass, with open highs. I'm really enjoying the music right now.

Here is the chain I am using.
Ipad Pro (Usb-c) (Streaming Qobuz) --> RME ADI-2 Dac/Amp --> Purist (PAD) Venustas Rev C XLR Cables --> GS-X Mini --> Norne S3 XLR headphone cable --> ZMF Verite Closed Ironwoods.

I'm always open for suggestions on how to improve the chain (at moderate expense). If you see any glaring weak links, please let me know.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #3,311 of 12,586
Well, just an update on the recent addition of the VC Ironwoods. I am really enjoying the sound now. What a great set of headphones. I had to move up from the flat stock cable, and play with output options on the RME, but the sound is really well defined now, with good soundstage, instrument separation, tonal balance, solid tight bass, with open highs. I'm really enjoying the music right now.

Ipad Pro (Usb-c) --> RME ADI-2 Dac/Amp --> Purist (PAD) Venustas Rev C XLR Cables --> GS-X Mini --> Norne S3 XLR headphone cable --> ZMF Verite Closed Ironwoods.

I'm always open for suggestions on how to improve the chain (at moderate expense). If you see any glaring weak links, please let me know.
I’d look into a new source and/or usb reclocker. Before upgrading, I never really thought music servers or streamers would make any difference, but they actually make a big difference. I was just using my pc as a source, and I thought everything was all good. I then added the Innuos Phoenix reclocker, and was blown away with how much better things sounded. So, I bought the Zenith Mk3 server and that too brought about sound quality improvements.

If you’ve never heard a reclocker before, I’d suggest trying the UpTone Audio ISO REGEN with the LPS1.2 power supply. It’s under $1K for both and there’s a return window. I think you will be blown away with the ISO REGEN. And if you’re not, you can return it

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #3,312 of 12,586

Ipad Pro (Usb-c) --> RME ADI-2 Dac/Amp --> Purist (PAD) Venustas Rev C XLR Cables --> GS-X Mini --> Norne S3 XLR headphone cable --> ZMF Verite Closed Ironwoods.

That's a really nice system for sure, and I'd enjoy the hell out of it for awhile before changing things. Those VC's are so nice.

I don't see any "glaring" weakness, although if you decide to keep upgrading I might start with the source. I used to go with a Mac Mini straight into my DAC, but I moved that to another room as a server and added a Metrum Ambre streaming player. It was a clear improvement in sound quality for relatively short money. Raspberry Pi streamers are even more affordable.

Are you enjoying the S3 cable?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #3,313 of 12,586
I’d look into a new source and/or usb reclocker. Before upgrading, I never really thought music servers or streamers would make any difference, but they actually make a big difference. I was just using my pc as a source, and I thought everything was all good. I then added the Innuos Phoenix reclocker, and was blown away with how much better things sounded. So, I bought the Zenith Mk3 server and that too brought about sound quality improvements.

If you’ve never heard a reclocker before, I’d suggest trying the UpTone Audio ISO REGEN with the LPS1.2 power supply. It’s under $1K for both and there’s a return window. I think you will be blown away with the ISO REGEN. And if you’re not, you can return it
That's a really nice system for sure, and I'd enjoy the hell out of it for awhile before changing things. Those VC's are so nice.

I don't see any "glaring" weakness, although if you decide to keep upgrading I might start with the source. I used to go with a Mac Mini straight into my DAC, but I moved that to another room as a server and added a Metrum Ambre streaming player. It was a clear improvement in sound quality for relatively short money. Raspberry Pi streamers are even more affordable.

Are you enjoying the S3 cable?
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't want to muck up this headphone thread with a bunch of follow-up questions, but I will look into your ideas regarding Sources and Reclockers. I appreciate the feedback.

Yes, the Norne S3 cable is really nice. It was a significant sound increase over the flat stock zmf cable, and its very soft and flexible. I'm very happy with the SQ and usability of the Norne S3. I'm sure the ZMF silver is also nice, but I found the Norne cable used, so it was more affordable.

IMO, the ZMF flat stock cable doesn't do the Verites justice. I do have a ZMF OFC and this would make a great stock cable. It let's the Verites be heard without any annoying glare. I think the OFC is a good sounding and affordable cable. The only reason I bought a better cable was that the OFC cable I have is 6.3mm and I wanted a 4-pin XLR for use with the GS-X Mini. Since I had to shop for a cable, I went BIG. LOL

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #3,314 of 12,586
IMO, the ZMF flat stock cable doesn't do the Verites justice. I do have a ZMF OFC and this would make a great stock cable.

The Verite's all come with our Japanese OFC wire as stock, and the flat wound cable as a thrown in extra/second cable when bought directly from ZMF.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 24, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #3,315 of 12,586
The Verite's all come with our Japanese OFC wire as stock, and the flat wound cable as a thrown in extra/second cable when bought directly from ZMF.
That's great news. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back