ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Jul 6, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #3,154 of 12,522
Well unfortunately, ninjashark121 hasn't made this right yet. He didn't ship me the Verite headphones today, so I asked for my Paypal payment back. He agreed to refund my paypal payment right away.

When I didnt get a refund an hour later, I contacted him and he said that he said that he tried, but he didnt get a paypal confirmation. I asked him to re-try and I even sent him a paypal payment request. Several hours have passed and no response or refund. It's now 10:30pm in his timezone.

I guess at this point I have to involve the authorities tomorrow morning, and send them all the information that people from here and reddit have been sending me. I hate to have to do this, but I've given him every chance to make this right, and he hasn't. I would much rather be here telling you that he stepped up and made things right.
Aw sh**...this is the worst part :frowning2:
I hope it gets resolved and you get your stuff back!

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #3,155 of 12,522
Well unfortunately, ninjashark121 hasn't made this right yet. He didn't ship me the Verite headphones today, so I asked for my Paypal payment back. He agreed to refund my paypal payment right away.

When I didnt get a refund an hour later, I contacted him and he said that he said that he tried, but he didnt get a paypal confirmation. I asked him to re-try and I even sent him a paypal payment request. Several hours have passed and no response or refund. It's now 10:30pm in his timezone.

I guess at this point I have to involve the authorities tomorrow morning, and send them all the information that people from here and reddit have been sending me. I hate to have to do this, but I've given him every chance to make this right, and he hasn't. I would much rather be here telling you that he stepped up and made things right.
That sucks big time man. Sorry to hear about this.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #3,156 of 12,522

I have my doubts, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome to this unwelcome episode.

Good luck!

Jul 7, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #3,158 of 12,522
HeadFi better start a thread posting the LoginID and deeds of of scammers before deleting their content and accounts. What's the point in removing all traces of culprit's content on the site? They should post the pics they used, addresses they received goods at, profiles they used on other websites and the links to victims so as to enable fellow members to refer to the incident, as and when needed like now. Dealing with a criminal begins with understanding how he committed the crimes in the first place.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #3,159 of 12,522
Scam artists are a real concern on this forum,especially around the holidays. Myself and a few other members were scammed by the same dude a few years back.
Scammer responded to my WTB ad for an HE-6 which was to be my Christmas present from my wife. Instead of an HE-6 he mailed a cheap set of IEMs to a different address on my street. Fortunately I know my mail person well and we were able to track the package down and grab a photo of it before it was returned to sender and determined that there was absolutely no way an HE-6 would fit into a small envelope.

Fortunately I was able to get my cash back from Paypal about a month after. Crazy thing is the scammer actually had a few positive transactions here. He would sell inexpensive IEMs legit,get positive feedback established and then go in for the big $ item kills. Scum bag.

Now I only buy/sell/trade with members Ive interacted with and clearly state in all of my ads that I reserve the right to pick and choose with whom I deal with.

Yes here on the forum are more and more scammers.
Beware of Nuno Costa (nunovpc) a doctor from portugal lisbon. Has a few positive trader feedbacks. Sold me an Legend X which I never get. He was banned after that. I'm sure he'll turn up on some other account.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #3,160 of 12,522
HeadFi better start a thread posting the LoginID and deeds of of scammers before deleting their content and accounts. What's the point in removing all traces of culprit's content on the site? They should post the pics they used, addresses they received goods, profiles used other websites and the links to victims for members to refer to as and when needed like now. Dealing with a criminal begins with understanding how he committed the crimes in the first place.
Log in IDs can be changed, new accounts created, etc. Posting the scammer's address and real name (if they used their real name) is better. At the end of the day, the scammers are usually 1 step ahead of anything we do to try to combat them. They know money sent Western Union or PayPal friends & family can't be refunded. They know how to set conditions of the trade or sale so that they can't be caught. If their intended victim tries to go outside of their system they will cancel the deal or try to convince you it's ok to do it this way just once.

The only way you can keep from being a victim is to use methods that protect you.

Get a residential address for shipping. Confirm the address on Google Maps/Street View. If it looks bad, it probably is bad.

If they want it shipped to a PO Box, you can ship items directly to FedEx stores instead, where employees are going to check their ID for package pick-ups and get a signature. Plus, the stores have surveillance systems. All of which deter thieves.

Look at trader history. No history = no sale. History on other sites means nothing. I don't care if your Auduogon/USAudioMart rep is stellar. How do I know you're not spoofing that guys credentials here on Head-fi? Conduct the deal on Auduogon if they don't like that response, and if they refuse, run.

If you're really suspicious, have them shoot a picture of their drivers license showing a matching shipping address. It's fine if they blank out DOB and SSN, but not the DL number. I've done this before, and they weren't happy, but at the end of the day it worked out and both sides were happy. It's also more enticing to police when you go to them with evidence and say "Someone used a forged state identification to commit fraud, and stole my headphones" -vs- "I got scammed."

So on, and so forth.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #3,161 of 12,522
I really hope that things get worked out. Crossing my fingers for you.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #3,162 of 12,522

If you sent the paypal via friends and family, then unfortunately you are out of luck. Id imagine that is what the scammer recommended you do for obvious reasons.

If you sent with buyer protection and paid the fee, then you can open a case with paypal and prove no item was shipped or received and get a refund.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #3,163 of 12,522
If you sent with buyer protection and paid the fee, then you can open a case with paypal and prove no item was shipped or received and get a refund.

Yes absolutely correct, therefore if I order abroad, only with Paypal and buyer protection. That is worth it. So I also ordered the Verite from Zach.

It happened to me once. Also ordered an article with 3 months delivery time. Yes I paid and one month later the company went bankrupt. Yeah, then the money's gone and the goods never come. Not that I now fear or accept that with Zach, but are 2700USD and therefore also with Paypal paid and buyer protection. Just today you never know.

We in Switzerland are burned children of Swissair. In the 1990s we used to say here that Swissair is a flying safe and it never, really never goes broke. Well, it did! So I am always very careful here. :slight_smile:

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #3,164 of 12,522
Something that might help is looking at the metadata of any photos the scammer sent. Sometimes the location is embedded in the metadata, down to the address and location on Google maps

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #3,165 of 12,522
Yes here on the forum are more and more scammers.
Beware of Nuno Costa (nunovpc) a doctor from portugal lisbon. Has a few positive trader feedbacks. Sold me an Legend X which I never get. He was banned after that. I'm sure he'll turn up on some other account.
I remember Nunovpc PM'ing me everytime I post an IEM up for sale. Glad I never sold anything to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back