ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 23, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,606 of 12,527
the sound stage and sound expand well when using my micro Tube amp Oriolus in full balanced mode. Obviously the VC likes tubes ! Nice finding..... and a proof that the AK SP1000 is underpowered for the VC.

may be no need for the AK SP1000 amp module or wait for the iBasso dx220MAX ?

614AAB5F-3C40-4784-AFAF-85537F92F8A4.jpeg 3B49C752-21D8-46BE-89A8-B0BB35546B51.jpeg 2D9AD205-C0DC-4E9B-933E-0A635F533669.jpeg

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #1,607 of 12,527
Love Porcupine Tree...
And yes,my end game has arrived. VC,Glenn OTL Lampizator DAC.
Upgrading cables now and then game over. :)

Bet that sounds great, I am loving the sound from the Schiit Gungnir Multibit and Mjolnir 2 to be honest. The only upgrades I can see would be if any new modules are released for the Gungnir or the Mjolnir 3 comes out (both seem inevitable) so I guess I will see how it goes lol...

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #1,608 of 12,527
I got my shipped notice this evening with an arrival date of Monday! Bring on the monkey pod!
What number were you before? Roundabout, if you prefer anonymity. Trying to figure out an estimation for my own order.

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #1,609 of 12,527
What number were you before? Roundabout, if you prefer anonymity. Trying to figure out an estimation for my own order.
Not sure where you're at in line but I know I moved up 11 spots in the most recent shipment. Zach had also mentioned another batch going out early next week I believe.

Bet that sounds great, I am loving the sound from the Schiit Gungnir Multibit and Mjolnir 2 to be honest. The only upgrades I can see would be if any new modules are released for the Gungnir or the Mjolnir 3 comes out (both seem inevitable) so I guess I will see how it goes lol...
Don't have my Verite Closed yet but with my VO, the Mjolnir 2 is doing great as well. You're probably getting a good deal more separation and layering than me with the Gumby compared to the ADI-2. You listened to Bifrost 2 yet?

Nov 23, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,610 of 12,527
I was #30. The shipment that just went out was only monkey pod orders. I was fourth for monkey pod. Zach posted just the other day a batch of iron wood should go out this coming week. I emailed about ordering a set of the new hybrid pads just in time to include them with my shipment. Monday seems like a long way away lol!

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #1,611 of 12,527
Not sure where you're at in line but I know I moved up 11 spots in the most recent shipment. Zach had also mentioned another batch going out early next week I believe.

Don't have my Verite Closed yet but with my VO, the Mjolnir 2 is doing great as well. You're probably getting a good deal more separation and layering than me with the Gumby compared to the ADI-2. You listened to Bifrost 2 yet?

I haven't tried the Bifrost 2 and probably won't do as I have no reason to buy one. I am holding off on the Gungnir updates. I haven't tried the ADI-2 so I can't comment on that either lol.

Nov 23, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #1,612 of 12,527
I haven't tried the Bifrost 2 and probably won't do as I have no reason to buy one. I am holding off on the Gungnir updates. I haven't tried the ADI-2 so I can't comment on that either lol.
Yea makes sense you got no reason to try it. I'm also wanting to hold out till Gungnir update which has to be in line soon. ADI-2 is great, but I feel my time with the Gumby A2 at Schiitr paired with the Mjolnir 2 was an overall more enjoyable experience. ADI-2 is a bit clinical.

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #1,613 of 12,527
Yea makes sense you got no reason to try it. I'm also wanting to hold out till Gungnir update which has to be in line soon. ADI-2 is great, but I feel my time with the Gumby A2 at Schiitr paired with the Mjolnir 2 was an overall more enjoyable experience. ADI-2 is a bit clinical.
I would have thought thought the Gungir and the ADI would be more so on the same level, just different flavors and the Yggy would be the real improvement.......except that the Yggy is a lot more money.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #1,615 of 12,527
Hi there, sorry I am now rather confused which pads will come with my ZMF VC Ironwood.... I saw the posts with various recommendations, but I do not know with which my headphones will come. The auteur ones, or a new kind of hybrid? I went through the posts and some people also mentioned that changed their order. I am after the most neutral sound with a wide sound stage. Thanks for your advice.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #1,616 of 12,527
Hi there, sorry I am now rather confused which pads will come with my ZMF VC Ironwood.... I saw the posts with various recommendations, but I do not know with which my headphones will come. The auteur ones, or a new kind of hybrid? I went through the posts and some people also mentioned that changed their order. I am after the most neutral sound with a wide sound stage. Thanks for your advice.
The most neutral & widest staging(to my ears)are the default pads that come stock on the VC,the Auteur non-perf.

Nov 26, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #1,618 of 12,527
So, to make my decision I ask a final time:
1) If I choose Hybrid pads instead of Universal, do I lose a considerable amount of bass?
2) If I choose Hybrid pads instead of Auteur, do I lose a considerable amount of sound stage?

I ask because I plan to choose Hybrids instead of one of them.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #1,619 of 12,527
So, to make my decision I ask a final time:
1) If I choose Hybrid pads instead of Universal, do I lose a considerable amount of bass?
2) If I choose Hybrid pads instead of Auteur, do I lose a considerable amount of sound stage?

I ask because I plan to choose Hybrids instead of one of them.

I found that you will lose a little bass from the Uni to Hybrid pads, and a small amount of soundstage from the Auteur to Hybrids.

My two cents is get all 3 pads if you can.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #1,620 of 12,527
I found that you will lose a little bass from the Uni to Hybrid pads, and a small amount of soundstage from the Auteur to Hybrids.

My two cents is get all 3 pads if you can.
When do you require to change your pads?
I mean I like to stick to one thing.
Do you change them depending on the music genre you are listening to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back