ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #1,621 of 12,553
When do you require to change your pads?
I mean I like to stick to one thing.
Do you change them depending on the music genre you are listening to?

I sometimes switch to the Uni pads if I'm going to listen to something specific that lends itself to its strengths (Bass/Speed). Overall though I kept the Hybrids on as it was a good balance of both main pads + more comfort.

Nov 26, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #1,622 of 12,553
And what of Isolation? Can I listen to loud music with Hybrids in a silent open office with a meter close colleagues?

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,623 of 12,553
though everyone is different, i think it's safe to say we all pad swap based on mood/want. though i like stability in my audio, and don't swap a lot, i do find i'll randomly just be in a mood for a different sound. so out come the extra pads, and i'm happy. if you're buying the VC without hearing it (as i did, still being built), i would stick with the stock pads to start. Zach has a good ear, and puts a lot of thought into the two pads he chooses for the primary and secondary sets. i would try them out first, see how you like them, then read up on the hybrid differences and see if you still think they're something you'd want. or as heliosphann said, get all three, vs trying to guess which standard pad to replace with the hybrids. in general, i've enjoyed the stock/primary pads the most with all my ZMFs (Atticus, Eikon, Auteur), so my preferences align well with Zach's. i do randomly swap pads for a short time, but the bulk of my listening has always been on the primary pad Zach chooses on each set.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,626 of 12,553

Thanks for the review! I like that you dedicated some time to speaking about the Dynamics, as that's an aspect that really brings out the musicality. I like to think of it as a difference between a "good" singer and a masterful one. The "good" singer can be hitting all the right notes, but the great ones nail the transitions. Headphones that handle dynamics well are like masterful singers that bring any song alive through their rendition.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,627 of 12,553
Nov 26, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #1,628 of 12,553
Nov 26, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #1,629 of 12,553
Lyssky said:

I think, ultimately, the best advice I could give would be to:
1) Ask about the differences between pads to get a "feel" for what to expect
2) Start switching out pads, and figure out for yourself what you like best.

Everyone's ears and preferences are different. Reading peoples' thoughts only gets you part of the way there.
Looks like you've tackled part 1 pretty well... are you ready for part two?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #1,632 of 12,553
By the way, how are people ordering/getting the hybrid pads? I can't find them on the website.

I'll have them on the site within the next few days as well.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 28, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,633 of 12,553
I just ordered the SP1000 Amp module. I will repport how much it improve the SP1000 with the ZMF Verite Closed.

Indeed, IMO the SP1000 DAP alone do not drive the VC to it's full potentiel. Souns is loud enough but...congested, very different from what I head with VC + My desktop tube Amp !

SP1000_AMP_01_SS_2048x2048.jpg

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #1,634 of 12,553
UOPzBe0.jpg

Just got my VC today, been listening to them since the afternoon. Truly a magnificent pair of headphones and a work of art by @zach915m . Whatever great they say about the VC is true; great soundstage, awesome details, and the 3d-ness of the sound coming from the beryllium drive made my jaw drop. Awesome, awesome stuff here. Well done Zach!

Nov 29, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,635 of 12,553
UOPzBe0.jpg

Just got my VC today, been listening to them since the afternoon. Truly a magnificent pair of headphones and a work of art by @zach915m . Whatever great they say about the VC is true; great soundstage, awesome details, and the 3d-ness of the sound coming from the beryllium drive made my jaw drop. Awesome, awesome stuff here. Well done Zach!
Congrats. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back