ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 7, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,126 of 12,549
I am still debating saving up for a new pair of VC or just going used Atticus. Someone sway me either way! :frowning2:
well you'd be able to get a used Atticus and another used non-Verite ZMF for the price of a Verite (open or closed). that's a compelling argument, especially since when in this performance tier, tonality and tuning imo are more of deciding factors vs technical performance. all the dynamic ZMFs perform at high technical levels. now if you're the type that chases technical ability over tonality, then the Verite is the choice, it's a marvel (i've not heard the VC, but have heard the VO). but if things like engagement factor, and tonality are more of your decision basis, a Verite MIGHT not be your top choice. again, i've not heard the VC, but i personally prefer the Atticus and Auteur to the VO. i'm getting a VC because the things i disliked about the VO seem to be what's different on the VC. but i won't be shocked if after a few months time i still prefer the Atticus/Auteur combo. time will tell i guess. imo unless you have a killer deal on the table for a used set, try to wait it out and audition the different sets if possible. you can always find a VC later if you do indeed prefer it.

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,128 of 12,549
We shipped out a batch of V Closed to Acorn last week and even more are shipping in the coming days, as well as a batch to orders from our website list. Acorn does an excellent job keeping ZMF stock, so if you're in the UK I'd highly recommend checking out what they have either on hand or on order.

There will also be a couple units going to Zeppelin & Co and The Headphone Company as well.

We are past all of our shows for the year and will be in hard production mode for the rest of the year - so many V Closed will be going out fairly quickly.

Ooo looking forward to getting my Desert Ironwood VC soon :D

Oct 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #1,129 of 12,549
Thats my problem. I live in SK Canada and nowhere near me has anything to audition. It is so awful.
IMO the VC is simply a better sounding headphone vs. Atticus,but of course personal preferences play a large part.
Going off of memory The Atticus is a more fun,warm,slamming sound. Huge midbass,which tended to obscure the sub bass.
The VC is more revealing,better separation,detail retrieval,staging both width and depth,fantastic sub bass,and depending upon amp,pads and/or tubes can slam with fantastic authority. The VC is also much faster.

That being said,as was pointed out above for the price of a VC you can grab an Atticus and Auteur used,which are highly complimentary sounding, and come out even

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #1,130 of 12,549
We shipped out a batch of V Closed to Acorn last week and even more are shipping in the coming days, as well as a batch to orders from our website list. Acorn does an excellent job keeping ZMF stock, so if you're in the UK I'd highly recommend checking out what they have either on hand or on order.

There will also be a couple units going to Zeppelin & Co and The Headphone Company as well.

We are past all of our shows for the year and will be in hard production mode for the rest of the year - so many V Closed will be going out fairly quickly.

Thanks for the update. Any idea when the first batch is due to arrive in the UK?

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #1,132 of 12,549
This week

yep definitely this week, i was on poor Acorn's case at about 6.30 this morning and they confirmed, which is good because i've built the cable and now running out of distractions. I almost had to do some work today!!

ZMF Cable .JPG

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #1,133 of 12,549
Quick reminder - today is the last day to get the release price and the last day to get Desert Ironwood for the LTD Edition. We won't have a LTD edition available for about a month while we make the Desert Ironwood sets and then we will announce the next one sometime in mid to late Nov.

The Ironwood here looks fantastic. Thin stripes of light and dark alternating, giving it an almost glowing look when the light reflects off it.
I have a pair coming in from The Headphone Company, soon hopefully.

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #1,134 of 12,549
This week

yep definitely this week, i was on poor Acorn's case at about 6.30 this morning and they confirmed, which is good because i've built the cable and now running out of distractions. I almost had to do some work today!!

That was what I hoped. Thanks for confirming!

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #1,136 of 12,549
well you'd be able to get a used Atticus and another used non-Verite ZMF for the price of a Verite (open or closed). that's a compelling argument, especially since when in this performance tier, tonality and tuning imo are more of deciding factors vs technical performance. all the dynamic ZMFs perform at high technical levels. now if you're the type that chases technical ability over tonality, then the Verite is the choice, it's a marvel (i've not heard the VC, but have heard the VO). but if things like engagement factor, and tonality are more of your decision basis, a Verite MIGHT not be your top choice. again, i've not heard the VC, but i personally prefer the Atticus and Auteur to the VO. i'm getting a VC because the things i disliked about the VO seem to be what's different on the VC. but i won't be shocked if after a few months time i still prefer the Atticus/Auteur combo. time will tell i guess. imo unless you have a killer deal on the table for a used set, try to wait it out and audition the different sets if possible. you can always find a VC later if you do indeed prefer it.
I have the same dilemma.......getting a used Atticus or Eikon and maybe an Aeolus or just going ahead with a VC. Since I am a technical kind of guy, I am thinking an Aeolus and Atticus combined may still not satisfy me as much as a VC. As far as being able to hear them all, that will not most likely be until Can Jam in NY in Feb. I am sure I would want to make a move before then.

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #1,137 of 12,549
I have the same dilemma.......getting a used Atticus or Eikon and maybe an Aeolus or just going ahead with a VC. Since I am a technical kind of guy, I am thinking an Aeolus and Atticus combined may still not satisfy me as much as a VC. As far as being able to hear them all, that will not most likely be until Can Jam in NY in Feb. I am sure I would want to make a move before then.
I own the Atticus and have logged enough hours with the Aeolus to comfortably say that might not be the best pairing, only because they share such a similar sound signature. they're not the same, but close enough that maybe another model in the lineup with a more different signature might be more beneficial. the Verite is definitely the cream of the technicalities crop for ZMF, but the Auteur is also quite impressive as well. i've had the HD800 and 800S, and never feel like i'm missing any details from the Auteur. the Atticus definitely isn't as resolving as the Auteur, but it's so much fun i could care less haha. something like an Atticus-or-Aeolus and Auteur combo would be quite nice. very different and complimentary sound signatures.

waiting until Feb is honestly the best course of action, imo, unless you're really sure you want to move forward on the VC. i say that for a few reasons. most importantly, you'll get the chance to hear them all firsthand, and firsthand experience is priceless. also, there will undoubtedly be a few people who jumped on the VC now who will be selling them then either because they didn't like them, or they overextended themselves at xmas. and Dec is a major layoff month...firsthand experience here.... so if you do love the VC most when you hear it, you'll likely have a good chance of picking up one for hopefully a bit less than the current discount pricing that ends today.

just my worthless 2C!

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,138 of 12,549

nice build on the cable! just starting to do my own myself. first one definitely is not picture worthy haha. at least it didnt short the headphones/amp!

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #1,139 of 12,549
I own the Atticus and have logged enough hours with the Aeolus to comfortably say that might not be the best pairing, only because they share such a similar sound signature. they're not the same, but close enough that maybe another model in the lineup with a more different signature might be more beneficial. the Verite is definitely the cream of the technicalities crop for ZMF, but the Auteur is also quite impressive as well. i've had the HD800 and 800S, and never feel like i'm missing any details from the Auteur. the Atticus definitely isn't as resolving as the Auteur, but it's so much fun i could care less haha. something like an Atticus-or-Aeolus and Auteur combo would be quite nice. very different and complimentary sound signatures.

waiting until Feb is honestly the best course of action, imo, unless you're really sure you want to move forward on the VC. i say that for a few reasons. most importantly, you'll get the chance to hear them all firsthand, and firsthand experience is priceless. also, there will undoubtedly be a few people who jumped on the VC now who will be selling them then either because they didn't like them, or they overextended themselves at xmas. and Dec is a major layoff month...firsthand experience here.... so if you do love the VC most when you hear it, you'll likely have a good chance of picking up one for hopefully a bit less than the current discount pricing that ends today.

just my worthless 2C!
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #1,140 of 12,549

just my worthless 2C!
Good stuff, thanks to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back