ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 2, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #1,066 of 12,528
We are woorking on little stickers that will go on the back inner flap of the pads. We found the right material that will stay put, now we are just finishing the designations and such. Should try to roll it out soon especially for owners of headphones like the Verite that take a bunch of different pads.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 2, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #1,067 of 12,528
Just got the Headamp gsx mini. Cant wait to put both together.

That thing looks neat! I needed the loudspeaker out for the Woo Wee though and I know it's a combo that works well for the L700.

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,068 of 12,528
We are woorking on little stickers that will go on the back inner flap of the pads. We found the right material that will stay put, now we are just finishing the designations and such. Should try to roll it out soon especially for owners of headphones like the Verite that take a bunch of different pads.
Will they have “Right” and “left” designations too?? I’d very much like to chuck the little paper “R” I stick into my universe right pad every time I do a swap lol

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #1,069 of 12,528
Will they have “Right” and “left” designations too?? I’d very much like to chuck the little paper “R” I stick into my universe right pad every time I do a swap lol

Wait a minute... There is a right and left? I have always tried to put the thicker side towards the back of the head, but I never realized R/L might be different.

Oct 2, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #1,071 of 12,528
Wait a minute... There is a right and left? I have always tried to put the thicker side towards the back of the head, but I never realized R/L might be different.

I assume it is more that people want to keep track of which one is their personal right and left, due to their head not being symmetrical, so the pads breaking in differently.

Or I am wrong and would also like to learn more about this..

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #1,073 of 12,528
Yes! The other day I was pad rolling and put the Eikon perf pads on Verite instead of the Universe pads. Took me a bit to figure out that I wasn’t losing my mind thinking the Verite Open sounded really off, lol. On the other hand I should just really keep them in their own jars.
I keep cards in them with their names written on the cards. I use the cards ZMF supplied with the pads and my own...it helps, plus the cards fit under the “flaps” on the back making it easy to identify easily.

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #1,074 of 12,528
Oh God if there’s a L/R as well I will not survive the ocd overload. Great now I can’t stop thinking... is that L??? No no the other one must be L.... no wait I better measure them....

Oct 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,076 of 12,528

Oh God if there’s a L/R as well I will not survive the ocd overload. Great now I can’t stop thinking... is that L??? No no the other one must be L.... no wait I better measure them....

The Left/Right specificity applies only to the VO’s universe pads. From what I understand mixing them up can create a shifting of the sound stage in one direction so things that should be “centered” aren’t quite so. I’ve heard about it in the VO thread but never bothered to verify if this happens myself (I just stick the little paper R in to keep track lol)

Curious...can anyone comment on whether the Verite C or O have the bopp filter. I've noticed that on my Auteurs it can catch on the pad felt and I am afraid it's going to rip or cut it someday when switching pads.

I don’t think it does! I have that issue with my auteurs as well where they catch the felt (made a little hole the first time before I knew it could happen; but fortunately it happened under the pad itself.) I’m pretty sure I’ve seen only bare grating when swapping pads on the Verite; however I bought the Verite when it was still rated at 99db/w and now it’s 97db/w. Perhaps Zach added the mesh and that’s why the sensitivity was changed?

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #1,077 of 12,528
Oct 3, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #1,078 of 12,528
All this talk of ear pads and organization got me thinking what i'd really want. Man would I love something like this, just big enough for a set of ear pads per drawer, in an exotic wood like cocobolo or blackwood or bocote (to match my salire!) . would also make an excellent cable/tube storage device. @zach915m if you built it, we'd buy it....

upload_2019-10-3_7-10-17.png

edit - could even screw in a hook or something on the side to hang headphones on, or could put a Salire riser or two on the top....

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,080 of 12,528
Will any of the earliest shipments arrive before the sale ends on the 7th? It's tough having to balance the discount with the limited number of pre-release impressions.
That's the toughest part of going in on the discount sets, you're flying a bit blind. How i handled the decision was to first use my experience with testing the Verite Open, and use comments comparing the open to the closed to try to zero in on how it would sound. i really liked the VO, so i knew as long as it was in the same general ballpark sonically, i'd like it. and i found a general consensus of how the open differs from the closed, which is how i'd have liked the sounds changes to go. i'm still flying blind, but comfortable i won't be totally surprised by it's signature. now if you have no experience with the open model, that's extra tough then. one good thing is the used market should be quite hot for it, if you don't like it. you should be able to recoup most of your cost.

edit - if you're comfortable saying which city you live in, you might be lucky enough to have a member with a review copy near you. maybe with some beer and/or cookies, they'd be willing to let you give them a listen. worth a shot, imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back